• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My impressions of each case in hilarious meme format

****SPOILERS****
ONLY VIEW AFTER COMPLETING THE RESPECTIVE CASE

"And do you know how I ate that steak?"
DGS1-1.gif

DGS1-2.gif

Yeah! We're gonna get that son of a bitch Megundahl!!

DGS1-3.jpg

Oh.

DGS1-4.jpg

DGS1-5.gif

DGS2-1.gif

DGS2-2.jpg

Wait.....why is the blood going down his shirt then....?

*Prelude to Pursuit starts playing*

DGS2-3a.gif

So he was still alive? But then who--

DGS2-3b.gif

*Pursuit starts playing*

Holmes: Mikotoba? You son of a bitch!

DGS2-4.gif

Naruhodo:

DGS2-5a.gif

Vortex:

DGS2-5b.gif

Holmes:

DGS2-5c.gif

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to take a stab at guessing what the trophies are? I can easily see the first 11 in the image are for the platinum and completing each case, and there's one with an image of a (step) ladder so I guess that conversation is back in these games. I guess there's a shovel conversation relating to that too? I didn't play the fan patch and have remained spoiler free so far so I hope it's not a spoilery trophy list.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Man, I've always played Ace Attorney on Nintendo consoles, but…

I really don't know whether to get the PS4 or Switch version this time around. Damn my analysis paralysis!

Feb 8, 2020
I'm very excited for these games. I honestly never expected I'd be able to play them, so to have an official localization is amazing. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Can't wait! Played every other game in the series except these two - Ace Attorney only comes every few years (like most of my favorite franchises) so I am super excited for this!! Still can't believe the games got a full English translation.

Got my Switch physical copy coming through Amazon (thank you $10 off coupon!) on Tuesday!

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
What does a "Side Story" constitute for a phoenix wright game. Are these mini cases, sections with some point and click but no trial, or just some optional visual novel story sections?

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
I can't play this until the end of the year when my finances are stable again and I can't wait. It just looks so good, literally like it could be the best AA game since the original trilogy.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
What does a "Side Story" constitute for a phoenix wright game. Are these mini cases, sections with some point and click but no trial, or just some optional visual novel story sections?

Just optional visual novel sections, no interactivity. There were a pair of mini cases for GAA2 on the 3DS but they aren't included in this for some reason.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
This is very strange. I wonder why. Hopefully we'll still get them somehow.

IIRC there was a passing mention of "rights issues" related to them in the leaked docs; it's been ages since I played them and I don't think this is the case, but maybe one of them took more direct inspiration from some Holmes story than the main game does? Or it could be something weird to do with them being limited preorder content (maybe some stipulation with Nintendo that they stay exclusive to Nintendo platforms, bizarre as that would be.)

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
First time I play ace attorney on a TV. I wonder how that is going. I played every other game on the 3ds.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
What is the difficulty of these compared to previous games? I don't want JFA tier difficulty.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Have this preloaded on my Switch. Looking forward to playing them. I've only ever played through the original Trilogy, so I'm excited to play something new.

Here's hoping Capcom bring over an AA4-6 HD collection too.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't know where to buy it, Steam or PC.
Also, any good prices around?

Edit: Fuck it, just preordered it on GMG, 33€.

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's probably not a demanding game at all, but would I be able to run this on a laptop without a dedicated GPU?
I have a pretty decent CPU (i7 105010U), 16GB RAM, but the GPU is uhh.. intel UHD graphics which doesn't tell me much.

Last edited:

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I've literally been bugging my wife by filtering in the phrase "Ace Attorney Chronicles for the Nintendo Switch on July 27" wherever I can into daily conversation since the original announcement to the point where it's an inside joke now.

Like, "oh man, I can't wait for dinner. But you know what I really can't wait for?" Etc, etc.

She's going to be very happy when I finally shut up about this.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
A friend keeps saying he wants to watch me play this via Shareplay but he's finicky and I think I prefer to play on Switch. Guess I'll wait to see if there's any Switch related issues (which shouldn't be the case, but you never know with Switch ports).

Lirose

May 30, 2018
So excited! Never thought we'd really get these released officially in English and with a physical release too.

Oct 27, 2017
I've literally been bugging my wife by filtering in the phrase "Ace Attorney Chronicles for the Nintendo Switch on July 27" wherever I can into daily conversation since the original announcement to the point where it's an inside joke now.

Like, "oh man, I can't wait for dinner. But you know what I really can't wait for?" Etc, etc.

She's going to be very happy when I finally shut up about this.
This was me and "Dragon Quest XI S : Echoes of an Elusive Age : Definitive edition" to my siblings

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
Starting to get pretty excited about this, especially after hearing all the positive impressions! It'll be my first time revisiting the series since... I wanna say Apollo Justice on the DS.

Now to decide on Switch vs. Steam streaming to iPad...

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Just a couple more days until I can pick up my physical pre-order. It has been too long since I was last able to buy an Ace Attorney game on physical media.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
New Ace Attorney excitement is the best, really missed that feeling, especially when it's two games to play here. AA6 was five years ago, it's been so long...

Oct 25, 2017
Any impressions on the pc port? Is framerate locked at 60? What does 4k support mean, is it mostly just text scaling or all assets as well?

This is a MT framework game I think.

Still not sure if I want to get this on pc or switch... hmmm

OP
OP
Moogle

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions on the pc port? Is framerate locked at 60? What does 4k support mean, is it mostly just text scaling or all assets as well?

This is a MT framework game I think.

Still not sure if I want to get this on pc or switch... hmmm

themakoreactor.com

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC Port Preview Impressions – Very Few Objections • The Mako Reactor

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC port impressions including The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC graphics options, frame rate, controller support, and more. Read our The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC port preview here.

Oct 25, 2017
themakoreactor.com

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC Port Preview Impressions – Very Few Objections • The Mako Reactor

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC port impressions including The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC graphics options, frame rate, controller support, and more. Read our The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles PC port preview here.

huh 1080p max? is the blerb from the OP from capcom that mentions 4k support? wonder if there is some miscommunication.

Anyways guess ill just order the switch physical then.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I wasn't aware this was even coming.

After I finish Spirit of Justice and the Layton crossover, I'll definitely play this. So probably in 2 or 3 years...