• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm left wondering how long Micheal and Jason are going to be away, since Jason not being there might ruin the experiment in progress (since they used Jason as the catalyst for the philosophy lessons).

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect the experiment won't last too much longer. They've never stuck with a single premise too long.

Also, from the podcast:
one of the guests said something along the lines of "Chidi doesn't have his memories in these episodes". I take that to mean he'll get them back before the end, and I doubt they'd wait until the finale.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhh, this is why I never lose faith in this show, best episode of the season so far

All the hints completely slipped me by, especially the more blatant one of Janet not correcting Jason like she always does. I love when Jason's goofy self always manages to be the sole person that figures out shit like this lol

And this was a really well hidden twist, because even with Janet acting weird, like y'all said, it can easily handwaved as her developing into more like a human or something along those lines.

Janet is the hottest, sorry.

Imagine thinking otherwise, Vicky who?

Also the Bortles thing plus the break up makes way too much sense

Omggggg you're right, funny how someone earlier brought up that they felt it was too mean spirited for Janet to tell Jason, guess they were right

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All the hints completely slipped me by, especially the more blatant one of Janet not correcting Jason like she always does

That was the thing that made me suspicious. At first I was just upset because I thought it was a writing slip-up, but then I had a big "whoa" moment.

Such a good ep.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Imagine thinking otherwise, Vicky who?

why did you change my Janette to Janet?

This is Janette:

tumblr_oxrpdcXKxf1s6elnxo1_540.gif

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Man, on the topic of searching for twist setups... one of the first things "Linda" asks is if there's a fitness centre. Cause she's gonna go to the gym.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Ahhhhhhhhh, this is why I never lose faith in this show, best episode of the season so far

All the hints completely slipped me by, especially the more blatant one of Janet not correcting Jason like she always does.
For me, I 100% caught it, but I didn't have enough faith in the show. I thought they just screwed up. :S

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they just didn't want to go back to the well too often. Tell the same joke too many times it'll fall flat, but here it was the entire point.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
My girlfriend and I watched it yesterday and she said "Oh hey that's super weird, why didn't she correct him??" and I was all "Duh baaabe, its showing her character growth!"

Fucking got me, writers. Ya got me.

Man, on the topic of searching for twist setups... one of the first things "Linda" asks is if there's a fitness centre. Cause she's gonna go to the gym.

Genius!

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I know it should have been more obvious to me but the reason the shoe has chapters instead of episodes is this is clearly someone recounting the book of Eleanor. And will end with her picture (and the others?) frames in the good place

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know it should have been more obvious to me but the reason the shoe has chapters instead of episodes is this is clearly someone recounting the book of Eleanor. And will end with her picture (and the others?) frames in the good place

I think it will end with people talking about Eleanor changing and solving the system like how Doug was supposed to be the model of what someone who gets to the Good place should be like.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Employee of the Bearimy
Michael and Jason hatch a plan; Eleanor learns firsthand the difficulties of running the neighborhood.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone else think we'll find out next episode that a human or two overheard Eleanor and Tahani's conversation at the end?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so are we finally done with people thinking that Michael is actually Vicky in the Michael suit? Y'know, on account of her getting exploded.
Anyone else think we'll find out next episode that a human or two overheard Eleanor and Tahani's conversation at the end?
I was expecting that reveal the entire time the scene was going on (though considering how the scene was put together, there didn't look to be many places the human could be hiding except behind the camera).

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught it. I died at the "FOLES" and clavicle scream at the end and I don't even watch football lol

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Eleanor calling tahani babe the whole time was funny

Boooooo i hope that's not really the end of Vicky

Oh God the foles then the clavicle reveal was hilarious. They had to have added that part post production since they probably filmed before that I would guess

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Same here. It's way past time to move on already.

Also, did anyone notice that Vicky exploded in some pink goo whereas Glenn and Shawn's bodyguard exploded in blue? Why was that?
Are the demons gendered outside of their human skinsuits? Those are the common girl/boy colours these days, respectively.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also, I can't remember, Michael mentioned to Jason that he gave Eleanor and Tahani all of their previous memories from the entire time they've been dead. When was that?
Wasn't Eleanor the time when they were in the library in Arizona and it made her hair and teeth fall out? I can't remember Tahani off the top of my head.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Eleanor got all of her memories back when they were in Arizona - I got the impression that Michael only restored enough of them to try to make his point. Tahani definitely wasn't shown getting her memories back. I think that that scene was just to let us know, "Okay, the versions of them from S1 and S2 are back."

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wasn't Eleanor the time when they were in the library in Arizona and it made her hair and teeth fall out? I can't remember Tahani off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, I think you're right. Thanks.

I don't think Eleanor got all of her memories back when they were in Arizona - I got the impression that Michael only restored enough of them to try to make his point. Tahani definitely wasn't shown getting her memories back. I think that that scene was just to let us know, "Okay, the versions of them from S1 and S2 are back."

Yeah, I think you're right too. It just seemed so weird that they were able to do that. I don't know why but I thought that when they erase their memories, it's permanent. *throws hands up* But I guess not.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Pretty sure you're right about all of that, yeah. And, I know for a fact that Eleanor didn't get all her memories back in Arizona. She explicitly just re-lived a few of them out of hundreds of years.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Jason's "Can I have all of my memories back again, I forgot most of them" line really got me.

Last edited: