• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
a shame. i liked the character, but it really felt like the Kings wrote themselves into a corner with her.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Shame. At the beginning of season 3, she felt kinda important again but, yeah, it went downhill from there fast. Add it to the list of weird TGW/TGF character arcs and exits, I guess.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Punished Maia would have been an interesting character, particularly if she became the "Conservative" enemy. But oh well.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer, I was liking Cool Maia. Of course the note they ended on with her (Punished Maia) would've been awful IMO so I guess this is for the better.

It's really unfortunate how she went from the central character to irrelevant in the span of a season. There was a better way to handle that.

And y'know, having stewed on the finale since it aired, I think I'm done with TGF. It feels painfully misguided--when it should be making its most cutting commentary, it just feels painfully naive. It can be a fun show but its lows are too much to bear; I lament that TGF's political commentary is the worst part, because it shouldn't be.

I hope it can do better next season.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Agreed on the handling of Maia, I was also disappointed how things were left between her and Lucca. I hope that the new season drops the Schoolhouse Rock segments, they really didn't hit at all. more Marissa, more court room hi jinx and I'll be pleased enough.

Oct 26, 2017
Last season had a lot of things that didn't work for me. Diane's storyline just rubbed me the wrong way like it was arguing against a strawman interpretation of leftist activists. Also Maia being written off was a downer as I actually liked her character. The musical interludes got annoying. And the focus on Trump and the pee pee tape was bad and overdone.

Otherwise there was some good stuff too. Liz is great. I loved Lucca and Jay bonding. Julius actually becoming a fleshed out character beyond just the token black conservative. Also Maia's heel turn was cathartic in a way I didn't expect.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, S4 starts today? Cool! I thought it was still filming when Corona hit and thus postponed.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first season I'm going to be watching live! Do they release all episodes at once, or is it a weekly type deal?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Weekly. Same for Star Trek.
Blah! Thanks lol. I would have figured they had switched to a Netflix style after the app had been around for a few years. You know, after they built a good sized back catalog and didnt have to entice people to keep their subs by releasing series weekly. But I guess they still arent at that point, or never will.

Either way, super happy to have this series back! Still hopeful they can get Alicia Florrick to return for a few episodes before the show ends. I think they wanted to make her Mayor or something, I dont remember right at this moment. They just werent willing to pay her what they would pay someone like Michael J Fox to guest star.

Jan 29, 2018
So I watched maybe two seasons of The Good Wife last year before I got distracted. Should I go back and finish that before I start The Good Fight?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh man that fucking intro

edit: oh

edit: ommmgggg im gonna cry

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I watched maybe two seasons of The Good Wife last year before I got distracted. Should I go back and finish that before I start The Good Fight?
I would. I actually watched The Good Fight first, at least until this season. But I wish I had watched The Good Wife first. There are a bunch of characters that start out in TGW and carry on to TGF. And just as many inside jokes, and cameo characters appear too.

At the end of the day, it probably wont take away from your enjoyment, just enhance it though, so its your choice.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Had completely forgotten how season 3 ended. Usually I can't stand
dream episodes
but this one was pretty good even if kinda depressing. That 500 dollar haircut thing, for example, I totally could have seen happening and, boy, do I wish we could have "scandals" like that again. Also felt like they thought things through for once, with #metoo not existing.

Guess my only complaint is that they more or less wasted an entire episode of what's already a short season. Setting something up for the remainder of S4 would have been nice?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I love that they are tackling this subject this season. Its awesome how they are able to take stuff from real life and show how ridiculous it actually is lol.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Second episode certainly was, uh... something. I liked it overall but that felt very much like Diane still dreaming -- the new office, the dogs, the Julian stuff. No Trump though!

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I love this show so much. Just finished episode 2. I love Michael J. Fox and I'm so happy he is back again. The dynamic between David Lee and Lucca was great. Cant wait to see more.
I don't know what to think about the whole memo 618 thing. It makes me angry already. I hope Diane's story will be more positive this season. I don't want her to feel defeated and baffled by this the whole season. Since her work this season is literally doing the good fight, I hope she gets somewhere satisfying with her story.
And can we please have more Marissa? I didn't get enough of her in the first two episodes. That needs to change.

I thought this season was already 'done', so I was surprised by the video-message at the end. I hope the show is not affected of the current situation too much and we can watch the rest of the season without further delays. That little song at the end have me life. Such a sweet surprise for the fans of the show. I almost cried and instantly remembered, how much I love this show. Although it was a little creepy to hear the actor of David Lee sing. I had to remind myself, that these characters are not real 😛

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking S4 so far, quality and script has been much closer to 1/2 than 3.
Yeah, although they don't really seem to know what to do with Lucca this season -- or I'm missing the point of her storyline. Also, I can't remember, but... what happened to her child? Feels like they've forgotten about it?

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I remember David Lee being a jerk, but never racist?

Yeah, that seems a stretch. In hindsight, some of the inter-company politics in The Good Wife between David and Julius could be seen as David being racist? But even in hindsight it seems more that David is "privileged white guy" than anything close to explicitly racist.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody watch the season finale? Feels like the show is trying to jump the shark even harder with each new episode. It's still entertaining mostly but maybe the Epstein stuff was a little too much...?

Also, guess my question about Lucca's been somewhat answered; her and Delroy Lindo have apparently both quit the show.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
So.. the season ended with.. Epstein's Penis? 😆
Such a weird episode to finish a season with. It felt like the whole Epstein story was leading to something and now we have to wait till next season to hopefully see where they were going with it. They probably have to rewrite it now to give the leaving actors a proper ending sooner. I hope we get to see both of them for at least one episode before they leave. I don't know why so many actors are leaving this show. I hope it's just a coincidence. I love this show and I can't afford to loose any other characters. Gonna miss Lucca.

Also: if we are a small community of people who watch this show, I don't think we need a new OT for each season. Can't we just make a general OT for this show and continue there?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so Diane is basically the main character now?

What a weird way to get there, but I guess why not.

Nov 1, 2017
Definitely don't think they intend to go anywhere else with the Epstein stuff. It was just a topical one-off that fit into the season's themes of the ultra wealthy abusing their power

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
lol this show is a mess. Actors leaving left and right, Epstein's Penis. It feels like the King have lost it.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth, I'm not feeling the loss. This episode was excellent.

Carmen started a bit too sueish for someone outside of law school, but this episode brought her back to earth and had her losing control of the situation as well Liz getting called in on her case, which had some interesting grey morality. Hopefully she isn't another one season character.

Diane stopped doing drugs or whatever she was doing in S3-4 and the show brought her back to more realistic cases, dealing with her marriage and navigating the politics of it. Also she has some pretty fun interactions with Julius.

The only thing I'm not liking is the fake courtroom storyline and Marissa becoming a lawyer (Which feels like it exists just for that story), it feels like the usual TGF doing experimental stuff.

Season 4 felt like it jumped the shark with Epstein and the Memo 618 stuff, I wonder if they toned it down because of it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm enjoying season 5 so far cause I feel like there more courtroom scenes in them. That and Mandy patinkin is terrific in this lol