• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All I wanted was a straightforward cour-long martial arts tournament anime with well-animated fights...

OP
OP
Muffin

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Action was top notch, the music was a bit over the place tbh though

And that we never saw Haetae even though Daewi used his powers is a goddamn travesty

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well.. The animation was cool. Nothing much more to say about this episode tbh, such a weird adaptation.
If there's going to be another season they should really make it 20~ episodes and at least try to explain something and flesh out the characters

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The most bitterly disappointed I've been in a show since GoT.

Top tier animation but the last few episodes are a whole fucking mess. Like what the fuck is even happening?

Man I hope for a Brotherhood style adaptation so this shit actually makes sense one day.

Oct 25, 2017
The most bitterly disappointed I've been in a show since GoT.

Top tier animation but the last few episodes are a whole fucking mess. Like what the fuck is even happening?

Man I hope for a Brotherhood style adaptation so this shit actually makes sense one day.
The best we could probably hope for is an OVA or a vastly expanded S2. I was honestly shocked to see them tease another season.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
The best we could probably hope for is an OVA or a vastly expanded S2. I was honestly shocked to see them tease another season.
Yeah season 2 tease was surprising. Felt like a one and done thing.

I guess both this and ToG have been HUGE so hopefully crunchy roll give the shows an extended episode count going into next season.

I like the characters, the world is interesting and the animation top notch. This could have been a great season.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I liked the first few episodes when it was just the tournament.. Then the last 4 episodes was just so much going on... I still don't know wtf happened

The fights are fun I guess but this show REALLY needed more episodes.. But why all the set up and explaining litterly at the end credits?

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I enjoyed the season purely based on the fight sequences. The hand to hand combat was well done and the final fight arc was end of Naruto scale in terms of power levels and city damage. The first couple of episodes I got the plot and at a certain point said "guess I have to read the webtoon" to understand who any of the later characters were. It's tough making a series it was FAR from perfect but enjoyed the ride.

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that cares, the soundtrack releases officially tomorrow in Japan (unsure about Worldwide) and can already find bits of it on YouTube