• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I was into it after that dope scene where mc saves the dude from getting kicked. The episode generally did well in making me hate that other dude. Felt like it wrapped up unsatisfyingly/rushed though. I think I'm feeling the pacing of this anime undermining the impact of things in a worse way than ToG just looking at their 2nd eps.

May 30, 2018
Loving this resurgence of tournament anime, first Baki, then Kengan, now this. Legit filling my DBS absence

As for the anime itself, what a debut. Incredible animation and soundtrack so far. And with close to 0 buildup, they managed to make Jin vs Kang hype. I can only imagine what happens later on when there's a villain with some depth to him (guessing that Park Mujin guy is later?)

Also lol @ the one tournament administrator getting dinner by Jin

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Show continues to have sick action animation. I'm happy.
You could really feel the weight behind Daewi's punches and kicks, that was some good shit.

OP
OP
Muffin

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Curious that they changed how Mori got that fruit Mujin smuggled in his food.

In the webtoon he walked off while his punishment was being decided and

found it somewhere near a person that was only hinted at (who Mujin talked about when they were discussing how dangerous the fruit is).

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I can't take that guy with the bat seriously. Here you got all these martial artists fighting hand to hand and then this asshole decides he's gonna show up with a fucking metal bat.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Getting worried that they really are gonna try to speedrun two cours worth of material in one, which just aint cool

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that they removed the bat guy backstory and his motivation but whatever

Also in the webtoon the wrestler girl would have won but gave up because she thought the damage to her beautiful body wasn't worth it

Like she straight up figured out a strategy where she can tank through and win but i think she would lose a limb so gave up

Like they're speeding through the webtoon

At least fights are good

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird that they removed the bat guy backstory and his motivation but whatever

Also in the webtoon the wrestler girl would have won but gave up because she thought the damage to her beautiful body wasn't worth it

Like she straight up figured out a strategy where she can tank through and win but i think she would lose a limb so gave up

Yeah that's my issue here. They're taking out the character of a lot of these people, making them more flat and less interesting. Baek's storyline is why he talks about "You defeated my worldview" or whatever.

Also they cut the fight between the two commissioners, and Jin dominated the green-haired guy for a while before he snapped and unleashed whatever that was we saw.

Also Jin's grandfather is gone. Also we've already learned Jin's martial arts by now.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it's very clear they speed running the fuck outta these webtoon adaptations. Like if you only just watched you would think all these characters are simple minded people that just fight. All the motivations all the backstories are being taken away.
The way people are talking it sounds like this skipped more than Tower of God did even.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I want muscle wrestler girl to be a main character dammnit, someone tell me she comes back.

And boy this sure is escalating fast with the superpowers.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty terrible adaptation so far..
Changes are over simplifying the story and all the charm is sucked dry from the source material.
Pacing is hectic, skipping over important character moments and nuances that make the action matter.
It's like producers only care about cool fight scenes the studio gets to animate.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Having blitzed through the webtoon over the past week, I'm really surprised at how much they're compressing. What is that, like 20 chapters in 3 episodes already? xD

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty terrible adaptation so far..
Changes are over simplifying the story and all the charm is sucked dry from the source material.
Pacing is hectic, skipping over important character moments and nuances that make the action matter.
It's like producers only care about cool fight scenes the studio gets to animate.
I don't get how you skip Bat guy backstory and motivation because otherwise he's just an asshole with a bat and the moment with him tripping is muted without knowing about his dad

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Having read the manga up to like 170+. This episode didn't feel like an adaptation lol. So much was cut.

I wish it got a 24 episode run to let things be more spread out.

Nov 1, 2017
Huh. Today's episode was really random, and poorly paced. Sucks because I'm starting to like the main 3, but it feels like there's a lot missing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah, they're breezing through this waaaaay too fast and it's fucking the whole thing up

I'm just gonna watch the fight scenes on Youtube. This series was never known for its story and they're butchering it even still.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
So I was initially surprised by the comments about the recent episode, the wedding bit seemed slightly rushed but nothing outrageous compared to the manhwa. But then came the ending, what the hell. They cut way too much and now it makes Daewi completely irredeemable. Unless if they include the scene
about Mujin trying to make him the deal
in the next episode, but even then I don't see how they can salvage this.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Never read the manhwa, but been liking it so far til this episode, like the wedding just came out of no where. I thought it was a scenario which were in their heads for laughs like the first episode with the thief and stolen money but bam, actually getting married. Like I want more moments with these 3 friends together still.
I get whats happening, his gotta win whatever it takes but yeh, poor episode, great animation per usual though.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never read the manhwa, but been liking it so far til this episode, like the wedding just came out of no where. I thought it was a scenario which were in their heads for laughs like the first episode with the thief and stolen money but bam, actually getting married. Like I want more moments with these 3 friends together still.
I get whats happening, his gotta win whatever it takes but yeh, poor episode, great animation per usual though.
If that's the case I can see them doing that for dramatic effect. But yeah this episode was just so random.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Oops quoted the wrong person.

So I was initially surprised by the comments about the recent episode, the wedding bit seemed slightly rushed but nothing outrageous compared to the manhwa. But then came the ending, what the hell. They cut way too much and now it makes Daewi completely irredeemable. Unless if they include the scene
about Mujin trying to make him the deal
in the next episode, but even then I don't see how they can salvage this.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Everything felt forced in this episode, I didn't read the manhwa but it's clear that they're cutting a lot because story makes no sense.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Marriage arc was rushed and not great in the manhwa too

Buuuuuuut

The episode didn't do anything to really elevate ir besides the 1 minute fight scene

The manhwa is apparently involved with this and approve of the changes

Doesn't make me like the non fight scenes

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just binged the last two episodes. I thought Tower of God wasn't the strongest adaptation, but this show reminds me how bad it can really be. Very hard to ignore how rushed everything feels, which in turn makes me not sympathize with any of the characters much. Episode 3... I see why people have been making jokes about Stands and Jojo now, can't say I expected that lol. Well, I guess the show wasn't exactly grounded to begin with, so may as well go all in with the fuckery. As long as the fights still look nice...

That said, Episode 4 is just straight up bad from head to toe, weakest episode so far by a mile.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering if I was the only one, but it feels like things are moving at such a breakneck pace. I feel like I'm missing some things that should be here but they didn't include it.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first four episodes, lots of style and 0 substance. Somehow they developed Mira's backstory and basically no one else's.

Is the webtoon worth reading instead? Especially since it's about fighting, how well drawn is it?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they're just rushing to the next fight scene. Which hey, I'll always appreciate a nice fight scene, but like a poster said above me, it feels without much weight behind it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is the webtoon worth reading instead? Especially since it's about fighting, how well drawn is it?

Its drawn well - but... there's just a lot of fuckery lol.

mild spoilers

if you interested in just two fighters duking it out - it blows beyond that quickly. Shit like power creep, larger threats, etc. I don't want to give too much away, but it wasn't really what I expected when I started it.