• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is this getting an English dub like Tower of God? Also should I watch Tower of God?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this was one of the animes I was keeping an eye out for this season. Watched the first episode and it did not disappoint! Loving the characters so far and the animation is top notch. Can't wait to see where we go from here.

Like Demon Slayer, I have no clue of the source material so I'm going in completely blind, but this is a great set up so far.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode and it was great. Have not read the webtoon so looking forward to what this is about. Great animation, hopefully it doesn't falter much down the line.

Furetehoshii

Jun 16, 2020
Might check this out because I did enjoy the first half of the webtoon.
Knowing how it goes though, I'm kinda hoping they just change the story... Guess it depends if they get to that point first.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Should be a good watch. I really enjoyed the first arc.

Unfortunately after that it just becomes "oh we're all basically Gods" which I wasn't a fan of. Definitely enjoyed the pure martial art part of it though, especially Jin Moris.

Hopefully this, Tower of God, and Noblesse do well enough so other manhwas get considered. I NEED a Solo Levelling anime.

I had the same problem when it hit that part. i stopped reading pretty shortly afterwords. Enjoyed everything up to that point though.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how they will go? Can't really pinpoint a moment for this one unlike Tower of God, but I would guess around chapter 40-50?

OP
OP
Muffin

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how they will go? Can't really pinpoint a moment for this one unlike Tower of God, but I would guess around chapter 40-50?
Do we know episode count for this season? Probably 13? The official artwork included one thing that is from around chapter 109, so that threw me off a bit. I see no way to get that far in 13 episodes.

OP
OP
Muffin

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Tbf much of the webtoon in fights is showing off the choreography in a very detailed way, so I reckon they're gonna be faster chapter wise than ToG.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So when are we supposed to be getting the dub? And does eventually become DBZ? I think I've heard something like that.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I liked the first episode. I don't know why it's called God of High School when a lot of the contestants aren't high school aged??

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I liked the first episode. I don't know why it's called God of High School when a lot of the contestants aren't high school aged??
They are all supposed to be in high-school IIRC. Don't mind the 32 year-old looking mooks, if Jotaro can be 17 so can they.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he's been held back lol
Can't finish high school if you in jail!
tenor.gif

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this was both hype and hilarious to boot. Really strong premiere episode as opposed to ToG, which took a little bit before I got hooked on that.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Im not that raved about this episode. Feels like it's clearly taking liberties to just jump into things. But found it fairly enjoyable by the end.

Eternal Flame

Oct 26, 2017
Your Dreams
Yo! this anime is hype. Great first impression. It was funny and had amazingly animated action. The op song and scenes were sick, the eyecatcher was sick. As I type this I forgot how the ed was though.

Only negative I can think of was they repeated those same people fighting scenes like 3 times (in the op, the silhouettes, and regular tourney) like here look how well we animated this shit, but that wasn't really a big deal.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this animation quality will continue throughout the series. It is unbelievable how good this is.

If all shonen had this quality I would have watched them more.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Two episodes in and this is still a lot of fun

They're doing a good job of abridging the source material without cutting too much. In the manwha, there was a bunch of narration about martial arts techniques and whatnot, and the nanomachines assigned everyone powerlevels (which didn't really matter)

Absolutely still gonna need that second cour though. Can't imagine what they'd do with this if we didn't get one.

OP
OP
Muffin

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Great episode again.
Two episodes in and this is still a lot of fun

They're doing a good job of abridging the source material without cutting too much. In the manwha, there was a bunch of narration about martial arts techniques and whatnot, and the nanomachines assigned everyone powerlevels (which didn't really matter)

Absolutely still gonna need that second cour though. Can't imagine what they'd do with this if we didn't get one.
Yeah other than ToG I dont think we're going too fast here. Just the right pace.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
Wow, I'm really enjoying the anime even just 2 episodes in. I think I'll start the webcomic.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Second episode was dope as well ngl kinda salty they didn't go with the webtoon style for the triple kick, this would have been so sick animated.

aSVRXJL_d.jpg

Fights are looking pretty crisp I wonder if they can maintain this quality for 13 episodes

2/2

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The ost was 10/10 during this episode holy fk.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm SERIOUSLY enjoying this anime. But I'm huge sucker for well animated fights. So...yeah.

Aside from that though, I'm loving the music and characters so far as well. Felt really bad for the Tai Chi guy tho. :(

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Second episode was dope as well ngl kinda salty they didn't go with the webtoon style for the triple kick, this would have been so sick animated.

aSVRXJL_d.jpg

Fights are looking pretty crisp I wonder if they can maintain this quality for 13 episodes

2/2

Overall liked second episode but seeing this does make me wish they'd done it like this as I always like this sort of thing to emphasize speed. I always liked when artists would do this for Spider-Man for instance.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Watched both episodes and so far pretty cool. Fights are the real standouts everything else is in the background. Only thing I have a little nitpick about is how the impact of the fights feels a little weightless when people are getting destroyed left and right and look largely fine. Like the Tai-Chi guy didn't really look wrecked until the 40 year old prisoner broke his arms. Guess you could put that down to the magic of nanomachines.

Does feel a bit weird to get dropped into a tournament with zero attachment to any of the characters but damn those fights. Maybe I should read my first web comic.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy with the adaption so far, the animation is great.

If they can keep up this quality for the rest of the season, we'll be in for a treat.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
It's MAPPA so I trust the rest of the show should look pretty darn good if not great during the major moments.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Watched both episodes, got hyped. Ended up reading 100 chapters of the webtoon... wow it goes places. Just gonna say the action scenes for the later arcs are gonna be nuts!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a good feeling about this anime after seeing the PV and so far, so good. Really looking forward to watching the rest of this over the season. Going in fresh too.
The OP is amazing. There. The same happened with MHA's OP4 (Odd Future by UVERworld) where everyone was in the fence and at the end it was one of the best OP's of the year. Give it a few listens and watch it and you will get hooked.
I can't believe people were on the fence with that OP. It was an absolute bop from DAY. ONE.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
So I've started reading the webtoon after watching the anime, on chapter 274 now...

Jesus christ, this went from a simple martial arts tournament for highschool kids to the apocalypse and frickin gods from different cultures being summoned to Earth to wipe out all of humanity. Also, why is this author obsessed with hacking off characters' limbs??

Edit:
Now up to chapter 275...

.....and another limb has been lost. I should turn this into a drinking game.

Last edited: