• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
This popped up on my Youtube recommendations.

Someone (called 'Woozle') has made a kit that allows Game Boy Advance games to be played using a SNES controller and displayed via HDMI in 720p on modern tvs. Unfortunately, it involves taking apart a Game Boy Advance and putting the components into another case and then connecting to the device.

It plays Game Boy, Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance games.

Both reviews are favourable but it seems a little pricey to me ($140 USD). It seems like such an interesting idea.

Last edited:

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
So cool, wish the output wasn't locked to 720p though.

It's a pretty similar kit to the hi-def-nes where it upclocks the system just enough to get its refresh rate to conform with modern displays, such a clever idea.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I was leaning between this and a Retron 5 and, based on my ability level, I'm getting the Retron. I watched some comparisons and I think I can better deal with the slightly worse output than potentially fuck up the kit, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted by this, but I've already got a Gameboy Player and Gameboy Interface on my Gamecube. Doesn't look like it's that much of a difference.

DontBlink

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tempted by this, but I've already got a Gameboy Player and Gameboy Interface on my Gamecube. Doesn't look like it's that much of a difference.
Same here, already had pretty much all the components besides a card reader so went that route instead of spending $150+. What is your setup if I can ask? I'm doing GBI through Swiss through Carby.