• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I generally agree with you but Frank's Brother is deeply unfunny and should absolutely be skipped. It's the only one though.

EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE!

6H4CTCr.gif

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The show is fantastic from start to finish. Maybe just may not be for you.

Oct 29, 2017
Me and all my ppls quote this show endlessly. Not one bad episode IMO.
Frank's brother is full of classic lines/bits
-making a sandwich in your mouth
- Shady nastys??
- those were the day? You sound like you long for those days!
- Drugs I choose drugs!!
- it can't still be like

They somehow got me to accept black face never thought I'd do that.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Is there any way to watch this in Germany? Always wanted to, but it's always the same when I'm searching for it I find absolutely nothing. No stream, no rent or buy option on Google play. Strange.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
The first season is also weird in that they wrote Dee as more of a voice of reason for the gang which really just doesn't work as well in the long run.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I generally agree with you but Frank's Brother is deeply unfunny and should absolutely be skipped. It's the only one though.

Yeah, no. It's fantastic. Danny D pretending to be himself at fourteen with a terrible wig constantly being called a young boy, Lance Reddick's delivery of "I'm a black Panther, now." The Vietnam scenes. It's absolutely hilarious, and has a fantastic pay off.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I do think this is one of the very small handful of shows to actually make a blackface joke work

that ain't easy

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
I'd enjoy this show more if a pretty non-trivial section of fans weren't unironically sexist, racist, etc and dont feel challenged by it.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We called it "the horrible people show" and couldnt only watch like 2 eps at a time tops.

Thats the genius of it, though, they know exactly what theyre doing. Stick with it.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking mad that this isn't available in France. I watched 2 or 3 seasons way back when, and absolutely loved it.

Deleted member 48828

Banned
Oct 21, 2018
I mean if you're going down this path, how are you able to enjoy anything given every shows that's ever existed has been taken at face value by sexist, racist people?
Can you just not with this petty nonsense? Like I said, it's an uncomfortably large group that's hard for me to ignore.

Sunny is supposed to be a satire of horrible people. When horrible people uncritically start saying shit like "this episode was written by a woman, that explains why it was so bad" with tons of upvotes on the sunny Reddit, maybe you're not doing enough to put off people you shouldn't want to empower.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You just have to keep in mind that all the main characters are the worst people imaginable. They all suck, and that's what makes the show so hilarious. One of the greatest shows ever.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Can you just not with this petty nonsense? Like I said, it's an uncomfortably large group that's hard for me to ignore.

Sunny is supposed to be a satire of horrible people. When horrible people uncritically start saying shit like "this episode was written by a woman, that explains why it was so bad" with tons of upvotes on the sunny Reddit, maybe you're not doing enough to put off people you shouldn't want to empower.

It's not petty nonsense. The Flash Facebook page is full of sexist, racist people too. And that's a show preaching tolerance, diversity and inclusion. It's Always Sunny could have the actors talk to the audience, break the fourth wall and say the characters are awful people and not to be emulated... and the "fans" you mentioned would still feel empowered. As it stands, It's Always Sunny increasingly IS trying to veer away from the old approach of laughing at people and subjects, to show how stupid The Gang are.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'd enjoy this show more if a pretty non-trivial section of fans weren't unironically sexist, racist, etc and dont feel challenged by it.

I agree with this.

I like the show still, it's one of my go-to shows to rewatch, but there's a huge number of people who like Always Sunny because they think "this is just how it is," or like "it's exaggerated but they're telling it like it is," like that they identify with aspects of the characters that are supposed to be satire.

Always Sunny very narrowly walks the path of satire and failed satire (e.g., Archie Bunker), which is part of what makes it so successful.

I wouldn't be surprised if Always Sunny is a show that, 5, 10 years, far more people are uncomfortable with than comfortable with.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
It's one of the funniest shows of all time. Trying to assemble a Top 10 list is impossible, it's just a murderer's row of great episodes.

Deleted member 48828

Banned
Oct 21, 2018
It's not petty nonsense. The Flash Facebook page is full of sexist, racist people too. And that's a show preaching tolerance, diversity and inclusion.
You might as well have asked how I could enjoy Steven Universe cause some Nazi likes it. Not even remotely similar to what I'm talking about. And why baby the show by comparing it to the Flash when it doesn't get its humor from social taboos? The show knows it's toeing the line and doesn't need this weird defense. BTW The Flash doesn't create racist situations for it's fans to live through.

It's Always Sunny could have the actors talk to the audience, break the fourth wall and say the characters are awful people and not to be emulated... and the "fans" you mentioned would still feel empowered. As it stands, It's Always Sunny increasingly IS trying to veer away from the old approach of laughing at people and subjects, to show how stupid The Gang are.

Yes, a shitty solution would be shitty. I want actual writing changes that don't allow room for actually shitty people to feel welcome. The idea that Sunny is written from the perspective of "a progressive satirizing terrible people" kind of falls apart when you have episodes where characters do something awful and get away with it with little actual retrospection on what they did. The episode where Charlie went on an incel rant was treated like an "epic moment" when I looked it up online. The episode where Dee's comedy career gets faked and she's mislead into having sex with a creepy stranger left me kind of confused about what the joke was. The episode where they "turned black" never really quite landed and ended up showing a black child getting shot, a pretty traumatic image, for the sake of a punchline.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to make a show that deals in taboos and be free from criticism when you've made a show they think is supporting them. Unless you think there was no way to make American History X from being beloved by Nazis too.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
ngl, I was recommanded the show and when I saw the name of episode 1 I remember saying "It's starting that way, if they handle it poorly like most tv shows do I'll either never watch an episode ever again"
Good thing it's not a regular tv show.
Unlike most shows with horrible people (like BBT to name only this one), at least IASIP has the decency to treat its horrible characters like the horrible people they are.
Seeing them get shit on for seasons on end never got old.
Hopefully it comes back to Netflix