• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

When Lara Croft finally left the Tombs and went to Venice.
Finally she had hair physics and it looked amazing back then.
When i finally walked to this boat and i realized i could drive it through that city i was amazed.

One of the games that impacted me the most.
The first Tomb Raider was a step forward for 3D action / adventure gaming, but TR2 perfected that formula in every way.

This and the first Crash Bandicoot.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Would have been in the 1980s. However, I don't know which games really did it. I played Intellivision, Commodore 64, and Atari/Arcade games in the 80s.

Even though I played a TON of games before it, I think Super Mario or SMB3 were two of my most played games. I remember a Gladiator game on the C64 that I played a lot. Also a football and baseball game. Those memories are really foggy, but that's because I was 5-8 years old at best and I have a horrible memory/ADD.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
I started gaming with Commander keen on my dad's pc and a bunch of games on his old Atari2600 (fucking Pac-Man...)
I enjoyed playing games cause I was a dumb 6 year old but the first game that really grasped me and made me hunger for more was F-Zero on SNES.

The speed, the idea of tracks floating above the surface of alien planets, the fact you could Jump up. Blew my mind and let my imagination run wild. F-Zero GX is basicly what the 9 years old version of me dreams about for years.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Really, really difficult to say - Mega Drive was my first proper console, though I'd gamed on the Spectrum and Atari prior. I sunk dozens of hours into Contra Probotector, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Alien Storm and many other others with my brother, but I don't think I really found that deeper connection until PS1 came along. Games like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and FFVII informed and shaped what I today consider my gaming tastes.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Wonderboy arcade or Bubble Bobble arcade.

I first started with Space Invaders, Asteroids but the more advanced games of the mid to late 80s meant more.

Later on you find games that pull you deeper and change how you feel about games, like Snatcher, FF7, RE1, MGS and ICO.

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Couldn't really beat it without calling Nintendo's hotline (looking at you tornado secret). The fact a game was so difficult for me as a kid really left an impression.

iu

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Started off on colecovision, but Super Mario Bros/ Duckhunt pack on NES solidified gaming as a hobby for life.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I would say either Super Mario World or A Link to the Past.

I played NES games but wasn't really fanatical as I was still too young but playing the two above games got me hooked for life.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
Dino Crisis 2.

As a kid I played tons of PSX games, but I didn't really think gaming was for me until I played that one. I guess it was mainly due to the sound design and the dark/mysterious tone of the story. I honestly don't know if I'd want to play it again, but it's the reason I started to love games.