• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
I think that's part of the fun?
That's not the point of it all. It reminds me of when people in the Easy Allies community tried gaming the system on the patreon Stream Team poll.
It's not fun if people are cheating! Keighley needs to know that cheating the system just for your game isn't the point of the whole category.

Jan 2, 2018
That's not the point of it all. It reminds me of when people in the Easy Allies community tried gaming the system on the patreon Stream Team poll.
It's not fun if people are cheating! Keighley needs to know that cheating the system just for your game isn't the point of the whole category.

It's not cheating though? It's not against the rules to change the vote. Most people voting Smash probably also liked Fire Emblem, so they perhaps changed once they realized that Smash won't win.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Maybe he thinks that people are making Google/Twitter/Facebook/whatever accounts en masse to push Fire Emblem upwards?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well for one, the obvious game, Smash should've gotten more votes if nobody was gaming the System, realistically.
It's strange since smash won both day 1 and day 2, but like others in here said maybe they are voting for fire emblem instead on day 3 since smash already has a lot of nominations for the show

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
imo it's not weird to vote for the game you want to win, instead of your actual favorite game (assuming some smash fans are voting for FE)

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the first place if smash fans are migrating to FE right now I think it's more likely because FE was doing better this round in the first place and so they migrated from a choice that definitely wouldn't win to one that might.

smash was literally never ahead of FE this round

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
It just baffles me that a game that only has one nomination is being used to game the system.
like, realistically if nobody was cheating literally any other game would be the top pick.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just baffles me that a game that only has one nomination is being used to game the system.
like, realistically if nobody was cheating literally any other game would be the top pick.
like what do you mean by cheating? voting for one of the 4 available options, regardless of your reasoning, is not cheating. do you mean people are writing scripts or making fake accounts to inflate the votes?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What do nominations by critics have to do with a fan vote? In the first place, maybe the general audience feels like it deserves more nominations than it actually got because the people voting for this aren't the people choosing the more general nominations

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
What do nominations by critics have to do with a fan vote? In the first place, maybe the general audience feels like it deserves more nominations than it actually got because the people voting for this aren't the people choosing the more general nominations
I just don't get it. So many people want Smash to win some awards after last year, yet the act of "gaming the system" is clearly seen here.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
This is a fun experiment!
source.gif

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The funniest part of this is that even if FE winning is because people are gaming the system, the winner here wouldn't be smash like Dino Pulse wants, it's be Star Wars lol