• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Dunno if it will stick especially when they did miss the last update they were suppose to have in September. I still like a new footage though especially of gameplay.
That's true they missed the last one but did apologize for it after the fact. I'm thinking this time they deliver.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
What was the original thread title that riled up some people?

"A Nice Break from Cyberpunk 2077 for ~3 Hours"

I was trying to make a joke based on Cyberpunk coming out the same day. Since Cyberpunk is such a loaded topic right now given several OTs have already been closed regarding it, I was told, and I agreed, it was best to change it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Why not both? It's a Sony dominant show but they could always give us updates on some stuff.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
TGA is disappointing often so I think a gameplay of Harry Potter or Bioshock reveal would be too much.

At least Fall Guys coming to Switch and Xbox is almost guaranteeed

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"A Nice Break from Cyberpunk 2077 for ~3 Hours"

I was trying to make a joke based on Cyberpunk coming out the same day. Since Cyberpunk is such a loaded topic right now given several OTs have already been closed regarding it, I was told, and I agreed, it was best to change it.
lol. I was expecting worse.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Tune in to watch Hades get fucking robbed because it's not a third person cinematic 30fps graphical showcase.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I think we'll most likely get a date on Ratchet & Clank. There's also a really good chance we'll get a smash fighter revealed. If we're going to get Zelda news it'll be for BOTW2, no way will they waste a slot at TGA for AoC DLC when people are expecting BOTW2.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Palmtree Project (team led by Teddy Dief, designer/programmer on Hyper Light Drifter) seemingly being shown tomorrow? Teddy's good people and I know a few people on the project. Excited for them!

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say the descriptions in the OP are excellent. I only played ACNH for an hour or two, but after reading that description... wow, if AC doesn't win GotY in the year of COVID-19, then it has honestly been robbed.

I think AC, Hades, GoT and TLOU2 would all be worthy winners (wasn't a fan of VIIR and didn't play Doom), but I think Hades deserves it, just slightly ahead of TLOU2.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Gotta say the descriptions in the OP are excellent. I only played ACNH for an hour or two, but after reading that description... wow, if AC doesn't win GotY in the year of COVID-19, then it has honestly been robbed.

I think AC, Hades, GoT and TLOU2 would all be worthy winners (wasn't a fan of VIIR and didn't play Doom), but I think Hades deserves it, just slightly ahead of TLOU2.

I'm right there with you, ACNH was the definitive 2020 game if not something stupid like Among Us or Fall Guys. I don't see it being anything but ACNH but Hades is easily a close second in terms of quality alone. Everything else nominated is fairly run of the mill stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
As with last year and the year before, I will have the show on mute on a secondary screen until trailers appear. Everything else has no value at all.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY

Really appreciate it friend, thank you!

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Palmtree Project (team led by Teddy Dief, designer/programmer on Hyper Light Drifter) seemingly being shown tomorrow? Teddy's good people and I know a few people on the project. Excited for them!

hoping for a blowout trailer, like Sayonara had when it opened for TGAs

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Today's the day

TGqQR1w.gif

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see what's up! Every year, we always through a little throwdown to enjoy it - I heartily enjoy the madness of it all and really respect Papa Geoff. Covid fucked everything up, grateful to be here and enjoy it in anyway possible - alone and all!

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
I fucking love the Game Awards, people.

One of my favourite nights of the year.

I can't wait to watch it with you all.

Praise Geoff

As with last year and the year before, I will have the show on mute on a secondary screen until trailers appear. Everything else has no value at all.

It always baffles me why so many people are so aggressively negative about TGA. If award shows aren't your thing, that's OK. But that doesn't mean they have 'no value at all'.

Such a weirdly dismissive cynical attitude to take to an awards show lol

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Do we know how long it will be? The main show starts at 1AM here and I'm not sure if I want to stay up to watch it yet.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this elsewhere, will post it here.

I don't think this will utterly shock anyone, but Capcom often aligns special sales with reveals very regularly.

Right now Resident Evil 7 is part of the Game Awards Steam Sale:

8843e4d37f584dfa580ae4d1e777fdf8.jpg

Every other Resident Evil game is not on sale, only RE7, and it's specifically part of the sale for games that are featured at the Game Awards.

So Resident Evil Village being there is pretty much a shoe-in at this point.

7c23edbed389b396d6abbe5262d72dcd.jpg

Monster Hunter World is one of the only other Capcom games part of this sale too for the Game Awards, probably because of Monster Hunter Rise.

Capcom historically do special sales like this to tie with announcements, I'd say Resident Evil Village and Monster Hunter Rise being at the show are in the bag.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
maybe we'll get some real shockers that no one saw coming- Bloodborne 2, Dark Souls 4, Fallout 5, Elder Scrolls 6 gameplay, Half Life: Alyx coming to non-VR PC

May 19, 2020
maybe we'll get some real shockers that no one saw coming- Bloodborne 2, Dark Souls 4, Fallout 5, Elder Scrolls 6 gameplay, Half Life: Alyx coming to PC
why stop there: dreamcast 2, god hand 2, the finished version of peter molyneux's milo, team fortress 3.

if you're going to do pie in the sky stuff actually go for the sky

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think it's safe to say that Tom Holland is there to show the 1st footage from the Uncharted movie...Elder Scrolls 6 is also pretty much a lock...Last of Us 2 PS5 news...Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen console news

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Platinumed Demon's Souls, mentally preparing myself for a platinum run in Sekiro & doing a full playthrough of Déraciné today. The disappointment I will have when Elden Ring doesn't show up will be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.