• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This is an award show, geoff trows announcements to bring people to watch, but it isnt the main focus of the show, personally i like to see the awards and winners of the show, its a much better way to enjoy it, if you go watch to see if the best next thing comes out of there, you ll be disappointed and dont enjoy .

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could be. Oblivion launched just a few months after Xbox 360. At least Starfield will have had more years of production by 2020 than either Skyrim or FO4 had, so timing-wise, it's definitely possible, especially considering how much larger Bethesda now is than it used to be.
Eh maybe. I think it'll end up being a late 2021 game.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the person's speculation based on the David Cage PC ports and ReadySet Heroes (tiny tiny game published by Sony) being EGS exclusive on PC

Cross-progression and cross-play would really benefit the console versions, particularly Switch
The only way I can see Warframe getting cross-play if the devs work towards a way to get update parity on all platforms.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Only Elden Ring matters please Geoffffff
Just make the whole show Elden Ring. I'm ready for 10 trailers and the TGA Orchestra to play the title theme.

Epic music + open world + horse combat + a boss or two = The Elden Ring trailer the people want!

andres-rios-scene02-2.jpg

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
>More gameplay is shown of Bayonetta 3. Set for release in November 2020.
>Shin Megami Tensei V's release date is revealed and set for September 25, 2020.
tenor.gif

I love how it says "more gameplay shown of Bayonetta 3" when we've seen nothing besides a CG teaser lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
and no september game will get its exact date revealed in the december of the previous year.

Naughty Dog actually did that with Uncharted 3, funny enough. TGAs were in November of that year with a UC3 trailer and a date for November of the next year.

They later said they came to fully regret that.

Deleted member 5322

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so my more or less realistic predictions (going to ignore stuff that has already been confirmed for this thing):

Remedy will give a date for the first Control DLC, The Foundation, with a trailer. The end of the trailer will tease the AWE expansion
AKA the apparent Alan Wake tie-in expansion.
They'll show some Elden Ring. It will be kind of brief and maybe not have as much gameplay as people are hoping for.
They'll announce the final Smash character for the fighter pass. I don't have a good guess who but I'm just going to go ahead and say it's the Doom marine.
There will be a new Cyberpunk trailer. It'll feature a new celebrity who will also be at the show. It won't be in the trailer because that's not "hype" but on Twitter they will announce it's been delayed to summer.
Playdead will reveal their next game, which has been described in their hiring sites as some kind of sci-fi third-person game where you have three axes of movement unlike Limbo/Inside. It will be the game of the show and have no release year attached.
IF they show Breath of the Wild 2 at all, it'll be some weird thing similar to the Game Awards from a few years back where Aonuma demos some new feature in the game instead of a proper trailer. It won't have a year attached to it even if it is coming out in 2020 because they know people have burned several times from the BOTW1 delays.
Fullbright will reveal their next game.
Bayonetta 3 will not be shown, but Doug Bowser will mention it's still being worked on in one of those interview interstitials with Geoff Keighley.
Babylon's Fall will be shown for the first time with gameplay and it will be kind of a let-down.
There will be a teaser for a new Nier game.
An indie that nobody's ever heard of will unveil a new game. It will prominently feature a quiet man walking around in third-person through nature and it will be mournful and sad. Geoff Keighley will call it an example of the diversity and specialness of games.
Kojima will be there and he will thank the Sam 'Porter' Bridges all around the world for all the connecting they're doing. They will show a new Death Stranding trailer even though the game is already out.
Fumito Ueda's genDESIGN will reveal a brief teaser for their next game.
There will be a new Doom Eternal trailer and it will continue to look very fun.
Todd Howard will present an award and everybody will be disappointed that he's not there to show Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6.
They will announce some kind of bizarre VR IP cash-in project by a developer people have heard of but don't necessarily have a lot of fondness for. Think Twin Peaks VR or Groundhog Day VR.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Okay so my more or less realistic predictions (going to ignore stuff that has already been confirmed for this thing):

Remedy will give a date for the first Control DLC, The Foundation, with a trailer. The end of the trailer will tease the AWE expansion
AKA the apparent Alan Wake tie-in expansion.
They'll show some Elden Ring. It will be kind of brief and maybe not have as much gameplay as people are hoping for.
They'll announce the final Smash character for the fighter pass. I don't have a good guess who but I'm just going to go ahead and say it's the Doom marine.
There will be a new Cyberpunk trailer. It'll feature a new celebrity who will also be at the show. It won't be in the trailer because that's not "hype" but on Twitter they will announce it's been delayed to summer.
Playdead will reveal their next game, which has been described in their hiring sites as some kind of sci-fi third-person game where you have three axes of movement unlike Limbo/Inside. It will be the game of the show and have no release year attached.
IF they show Breath of the Wild 2 at all, it'll be some weird thing similar to the Game Awards from a few years back where Aonuma demos some new feature in the game instead of a proper trailer. It won't have a year attached to it even if it is coming out in 2020 because they know people have burned several times from the BOTW1 delays.
Fullbright will reveal their next game.
Bayonetta 3 will not be shown, but Doug Bowser will mention it's still being worked on in one of those interview interstitials with Geoff Keighley.
Babylon's Fall will be shown for the first time with gameplay and it will be kind of a let-down.
There will be a teaser for a new Nier game.
An indie that nobody's ever heard of will unveil a new game. It will prominently feature a quiet man walking around in third-person through nature and it will be mournful and sad. Geoff Keighley will call it an example of the diversity and specialness of games.
Kojima will be there and he will thank the Sam 'Porter' Bridges all around the world for all the connecting they're doing. They will show a new Death Stranding trailer even though the game is already out.
Fumito Ueda's genDESIGN will reveal a brief teaser for their next game.
There will be a new Doom Eternal trailer and it will continue to look very fun.
Todd Howard will present an award and everybody will be disappointed that he's not there to show Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6.
They will announce some kind of bizarre VR IP cash-in project by a developer people have heard of but don't necessarily have a lot of fondness for. Think Twin Peaks VR or Groundhog Day VR.

Groundhog Day VR is a thing that is actually happening though. Tequila Works is making it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad RE3 is not one of the announcements. We already know that's pretty much coming and this means there's another game that we don't know about that will be announced.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait it was 10 brand new games and now it's 15?