• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be unethical for Death Stranding to get nominated for anything seeing how Keighley was involved (however minutely) in the game's development.

EDIT: I've come to learn that Geoff is not involved in the nomination process. Sorry if I came off as preemptively accusatory.

Last edited:

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be unethical for Death Stranding to get nominated for anything seeing how Keighley was involved (however minutely) in the game's development.
Why?If he is only the host,he don't choose the nominees neither the winner,so I ask again,why is unethical?the hate for Death Stranding here is anoying,I would love to see winning now just to see the meltdown.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Calling Outer Worlds "Fallout 3 in space" says you either a.) didn't play the game or b.) couldn't tell a hot dog from a hamburger
Oh, I played the game. It's Fallout in space. And I'm not saying that's bad. But it's like a cooking recipe. It's good, but don't bring anything new to the table. GOTY for me is about games that do that. That's why for me, my nominees are:

Death Stranding - innovative multiplayer mechanics
RE2 - how to make a remake that surpasses the original
Disco Elysium - a different take on rpgs
Smash Ultimate - a new standard for fighting games
Outer Wilds - a creative take on exploration and narrative

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Oh, I played the game. It's Fallout in space. And I'm not saying that's bad. But it's like a cooking recipe. It's good, but don't bring anything new to the table. GOTY for me is about games that do that. That's why for me, my nominees are:

Remove DS and add Three Houses and you've got a solid list.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019

How does Smash not fall under a recipe? It's Smash 4 with more characters. It's been rebalanced no doubt but it hardly brings anything new to the table.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Remove DS and add Three Houses and you've got a solid list.
Really don't get why people think that DS doesn't deserve a nomination.

How does Smash not fall under a recipe? It's Smash 4 with more characters. It's been rebalanced no doubt but it hardly brings anything new to the table.
The standard in this case is about content and how well it was made. I was in doubt between Smash and Sekiro, but I think Smash deserves more (considering only 5 nominees are allowed).

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017

The standard in this case is about content and how well it was made. I was in doubt between Smash and Sekiro, but I think Smash deserves more (considering only 5 nominees are allowed).
The content comment would be fair if we were talking about all-new content, Smash Ultimate is a good revision of the last entry, but I think Sekiro deserves the spot more.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
It's awesome and I'm happy that Kojima got to execute game that is 100% his vision, and it executes well on the game mechanics within the game. The actual gameplay and the loop of that gameplay is probably one of the most boring and uninteresting things I've experienced.

I don't know if it's a category, but I would nominate DS as the "gaming moment of the year" because everything that went with it was taking over every forum on the internet.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The actual gameplay and the loop of that gameplay is probably one of the most boring and uninteresting things I've experienced.
You find it boring and that's ok, but doesn't mean that's bad. It's different. Me for example, love it. I keep making deliveries even for people that I maxed out connections just because it's on my way. The world of the game is like a giant puzzle waiting for you build the best ways for you making your deliveries. I'm always in to give praise to games that put some personality on it.

There were 6 last year, Sekiro should be in, cmon.
So be it. Adding Sekiro.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I love the game, Death Stranding won't make nominations. The game is way too divisive compared to all the safe games this year.

Lobster Roll

Sep 24, 2019
Haven't played Disco but if it wins I'll be pleasantly surprised.

RE2 might be the safest bet since DA Inquisition imo.
Disco winning would be so great. Especially since people are beating the "it's unique" drum for DS while Disco is existing RIGHT THERE and is one of the coolest and most unique games on the market, period.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
DS deserves more imo, but it won't. Think will be a similar case last year, where it'll gain a lot of awards but lose GOTY. Think that RE2 is the winner here or Sekiro, but Sekiro would be more like a DiCaprio award for FromSoft. RE2 is more a safe bet.

Honestly I prefer the honor award to Sekiro than "let's just pick RE2 and call it a day".

DS is toe to toe with Sekiro for me but at that level I just pick Sekiro because when I analyse DS it has flaws everywhere, like huge flaws lol but it's such an incredible experience that it deserves to be in the conversation imo.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My guess for the 5 nominees are...
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Death Stranding
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
    • If this is too recent, swap it with Fire Emblem: Three Houses
I do think Smash will get a couple of nods, but I'm not sure if it'll be a GotY nominee.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Death Stranding
I do think Smash will get a couple of nods, but I'm not sure if it'll be a GotY nominee.
There were 6 nominees last year. I could see outerworlds getting in. Fallrn order is eligible.

Plum

May 31, 2018
What games do you think are going to be in the 'Best Original Soundtrack' award? If I had to choose 5 myself I would go for:

Death Stranding
Devil May Cry V
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sayonara Wild Hearts

And if you've seen any of my posts you'll know which one I'd want to win.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Sekiro is my GOTY alongside RE2 and Apex and honestly i couldn't give a single fuck if it's not nominated lol

You are probably joking, but this thread will be fun in 2 hours.

haha of course, at the end of the day none of this matters, it's just another game.

In my case most discussions have place while I'm bored at work, I suppose is the same to a lot of people but maybe some take it more seriously than others.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What games do you think are going to be in the 'Best Original Soundtrack' award? If I had to choose 5 myself I would go for:

Death Stranding
Devil May Cry V
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Kingdom Hearts 3
Sayonara Wild Hearts

And if you've seen any of my posts you'll know which one I'd want to win.
Days gone should be nomimated but won't be. It has a legit good ost.

Oct 26, 2017
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Death Stranding

Swap Sekiro and DMC 5 with Apex Legends and Outer Wilds.