• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,316 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 21.2%

• Total voters

Serenge

Jan 11, 2018
I'm looking forward to seeing how this award ceremony plays out, but ultimately I find myself disappointed that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't included in any category. Game of the Year is obviously a bit far fetched, but what about Soundtrack of the Year? RPG of the Year? It's such a great game, just feels bad to not see it get any kind of love.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
RDR2 deserves goty.

Won't be staying up to watch it (UK) but looking forward to watching announcements tomorrow.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Roger Clark better win best performance, Arthur Morgan is hilarious and awesome.

OKAY OKAY KEEP YOUR HAIR ON

although Connor in Detroit was also a very likable character that i'll remember for a long while.. and i have nothing against Christopher Judge either. great choices this year!

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Wow a lot of people hating on Boogie. I think that everyone misunderstood his point about "the middle". I think he articulated his point about being a pragmatist poorly. No one wants to meet in the middle but to label all conservatives/liberals as "fill in the blank" isn't really fair as everyone should be judged on the merits of their own actions in life. I think that's what he was getting at. Not agreeing with Nazis

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Joel McHale co-hosted the VGX in 2013. The re-branded The Game Awards didn't start as a mess and was serious from the start in 2014.

Yeah I think that's an important clarification to make as it seems Geoff's been aiming to make The Game Awards a pretty focused celebration of games since the first one in 2014. A lot of folks seem to conflate the VGAs/VGX with the Game Awards but they have no actual connection besides Keighley's involvement to my knowledge.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People calling Boogie alt right can you post some proof of this?

Never seen him do or say anything remotely alt right.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Not waiting til 3:30 am for this. Well at least tomorrow morning is gonna be interesting for me :p

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
lkMFYrr.gif

https://twitter.com/Much118x

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we get a first look on the new Obsidian RPG. I'm gonna prepare for just a CGI trailer though but then again we had plenty of gameplay shown last year of upcoming games.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im so pumped. Last year was already a great show. I'm glad Geoff keep doing this. I'm most excited for the orchestra. Gonna go sleep now and wake up at 2am. Being an European has its flaws I guess...

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
Wow a lot of people hating on Boogie. I think that everyone misunderstood his point about "the middle". I think he articulated his point about being a pragmatist poorly. No one wants to meet in the middle but to label all conservatives/liberals as "fill in the blank" isn't really fair as everyone should be judged on the merits of their own actions in life. I think that's what he was getting at. Not agreeing with Nazis
People calling Boogie alt right can you post some proof of this?

Never seen him do or say anything remotely alt right.
Here's an hors d'oeuvre:

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You are providing incorrect context. Boogie responded to JonTron's call for a white ethnostate by saying we should meet him in the middle. How exactly does one meet someone in the middle when they're calling for a genocide of non-whites?

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Will there be an easy way to watch this in it's entirety after it has aired? Won't be able to watch live sadly... Living in Toronto Canada.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title will be super awkward if for some reason Metroid isn't there.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lol Arthur's face reminds me of Casey from Tim and Eric

vodqK1U.gif

Here's an hors d'oeuvre:

Yep, and there's more shit out there, and it's not a "oh it was 10 years ago!" I'm sure some of this shit is like 2 years, oldest. Boogie is disgusting, and he was like this before he won his Gam3r award. I actually think it's fitting that shitty people win these things every year, they're better representations of gamer culture as a whole over genuinely good people who try their best to make this amazing hobby as inclusive as humanly possible. Fuck Boogie. Fuck people like him.