• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is Metroid a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 1,316 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 354 21.2%

• Total voters

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's disappointing that Geoff continues to associate with trash people, but it is not surprising. It's hard for me to think of any big gaming personality that has pushed back against toxicity from content producers.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland

Shame to see Geoff offer invites to people like Boogie and consider him a friend. Will still watch to support Geoff but inviting people with such trash "opinions" that marginalise minority groups isn't a good look.

Maybe you shouldn't support Geoff or his show then considering he makes a habit of this? People like boogie and ninja will remain as centre stage figures in gaming for as long as the audience lets the inclusion and celebration of bigots slide year after year.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

Shame to see Geoff offer invites to people like Boogie and consider him a friend. Will still watch to support Geoff but inviting people with such trash "opinions" that marginalise minority groups isn't a good look.

qnFFpDK.gif

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Nov 11, 2017
Why is Geoff calling Boogie a friend after what he's said?
I see a lot of hate for this guy around here but I've never really been clear on why, can someone give a quick rundown on the things he's said and done? As far as I can tell it's that he's a fence-sitter, and I can see where that would be problematic when talking about Milo/Gamergater types, but is there more to it than that? Genuinely curious.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of hate for this guy around here but I've never really been clear on why, can someone give a quick rundown on the things he's said and done? As far as I can tell it's that he's a fence-sitter, and I can see where that would be problematic when talking about Milo/Gamergater types, but is there more to it than that? Genuinely curious.
Check the videos on this thread: https://twitter.com/flyingovertr0ut/status/1049068034122559488?s=21

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
That start-time is wrong by a half hour, isn't it?

https://www.pscp.tv/geoffkeighley/1YpKkVMPLXBxj?t=6m48s

Geoff says 6pm pacific for the show at the timestamp here with a half hour pre-show with some smaller announcements before that, which is why the live-stream is set to start at that time, but actual show is 6pm pacific. ElectricBlanketFire
Can someone double check that the time in my OP is accurate? I'm away from my computer for about an hour or so.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Boogie ain't presenting anything or shows up on camera, I'll pretend he's not even there.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Maybe you shouldn't support Geoff or his show then considering he makes a habit of this? People like boogie and ninja will remain as centre stage figures in gaming for as long as the audience lets the inclusion and celebration of bigots slide year after year.

It is the public fault thou too.. But I don't care much about what Geoff thinks or does at this point.

Either way I won't be able to watch this because I gotta work tomorrow like every single normal European person.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The reveals and awards are nice but lets be honest, we're all here for the well meaning, but nearly universally terrible music performances, right?

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
The only announcement I want is CIVILIZATION VI FOR ANDROID PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
They should open the show with a Civ VI for Android announcement and then spend the entire show just playing Civ.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just remember this. Everyone isn't getting what they want.

There are a lot of things to say about Geoff over the years, but his passion for games and putting on this show is fantastic. Good for him and sure we are going to be inundated with cringy ads, but so what? Celebrating the successes of the gaming industry and getting news about various upcoming projects is great.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's purposeful at this point. Geoff clearly has no problem at all providing a platform for the alt right's "real g@m3r" champions. Shame on you Geoff Keighley, You obviously don't give a shit about oppressed groups who are harmed by these people.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Glad to see Boogie actually lose weight, but oof...I'm surprised dude still has any kind of following and that Geoff invited him to the show.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there going to be a 4K stream?

Hoping I don't have to use Mixer for that.