• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which are you going to eat?

• Bacon Jam Cheeseburger

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • Bacon Smashed Hatch Chile Burger

Votes: 70 16.7%
  • Triple Fiery Famous Star

Votes: 45 10.7%
  • Whiskey Donut Burger

Votes: 45 10.7%
  • None of them, I'm not a barbarian

Votes: 175 41.8%
  • All of them, embrace the void

Votes: 100 23.9%

• Total voters

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
www.eatthis.com

The 4 Worst New Burgers on Fast-Food Menus, According to RDs

Fast-food burgers are getting more creative and therefor more tempting, but here are a few you shouldn't even try.

So before you're tempted by some of the latest menu novelties fast-food chains have put out recently, make sure you know the ones you should stay away from for the sake of your health. Here are a few of the worst new burgers on fast-food menus you really don't need to test out.

Sonic's Bacon Jam Cheeseburger

sonic-bacon-jam-cheeseburger-1.jpg

PER BURGER : 700 calories, 43 g fat (16 g saturated fat, 1 g trans fat), 1560 mg sodium, 45 g carbs (3 g fiber, 15 g sugar), 34 g protein

"At 700 calories per burger, you'll get about 300 calories more than the average person should get in an entire meal to maintain their weight—and that's before you add a drink or fries," she says. Plus, it has 16 grams of saturated fat, so you'll end up reaching and possibly surpassing your daily limit in just one meal (16-22 grams).

Buffalo Wild Wings' Bacon Smashed Hatch Chile Burger

buffalo-wild-wings-bacon-hatch-smashed-burger.jpg

PER BURGER: 980 calories, 64 g fat (27 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fat), 2,390 mg sodium, 42 g carbs (3 g fiber, 9 g sugar ) 60 g protein

Another March addition, this Buffalo Wild Wings creation packs a double patty and is topped with bacon, American Cheese, chile peppers, grilled onions, pickled Fresno chile peppers, and Hatch chile aioli, then served on a challah bun. But it also packs all the saturated fat that comes with so much meat, as well as an overload of sodium.

Carl's Jr.'s Triple Fiery Famous Star

carls-jr-triple-fiery-famous-star.jpg

PER BURGER: 1,150 calories, 63 g fat (22 g saturated fat, 0.5 g trans fat), 2,480 mg sodium, 87 g carbs (9 g fiber, 17 g sugar), 60 g protein

"The fat and sodium content are through the roof and the carbohydrates are shocking," says Trista Best, RD. This burger should not be eaten regularly by anyone, especially those with cardiovascular disease, hypertension, obesity, or diabetes, as it's incredibly high in saturated fat, carbs, and sodium.

There are also 17 grams of sugar in this burger! That's nearly as much as you would get from one Chocolate Frosted Donut with Sprinkles from Dunkin'. Sorry, but burgers shouldn't be this sweet . . .

TGI Fridays' Whiskey Donut Burger

tgi-fridays-whiskey-glazed-burger.jpg

PER BURGER: 1,110 calories, 55 g fat, 110 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 46 g protein

Just looking at this burger, you know you're in trouble. This new playful, circus-themed item from TGI Fridays uses two soft glazed donuts instead of a burger bun, which are layered with a beef patty, cheddar cheese, crispy fried onions, pickles, and hickory-smoked bacon. It's a circus in here indeed!

"With cheese, fried onions, bacon, and sugary donuts instead of a bun, it's no surprise that this burger contains nearly as many calories as some smaller females should get in their entire day," says Lakatos. The sugary donut bun makes it a dessert, too!

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i wasn't aware buffalo wild wings or TGI Fridays were considered fast food. carl's jr and sonic, sure.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Those all look delicious/disgustingly over-the-top and I will gladly try a bite of them someday if they happen to be in my vicinity whilst I hunger

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
The first one implies an average person should only have 400 calories in an entire meal. That seems awful low for anything but breakfast. In any case I don't usually go for novelty burgers.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Buffalo Wild Wings one looks pretty good.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, thats my only fear with increased income imo. More money means people will eat out more, which means they'll get fatter.

It's a bleak outlook, and im not sure what the solution is, but its hard to deny. I really wish the government would limit portion sizes across the board. Fuck freedoms. I was 100% in support of Bloomberg when he did it to soft drinks.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
The Triple Fiery Famous Star is actually really damn good though. Granted, I've only had it like once, when I was really fucking hungry and my family stopped by Carl's JR for dinner and I usually get the regular Jalapeno burger from them, so getting a triple was something I wouldn't normally do.

Still though, it was fucking awesome. 10/10 would eat it again if hungry enough

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever had Carl's Jr/Hardee's but that Triple Fiery Famous Star looks good. But also I'd just get the single patty Fiery Famous Star. No real reason for the triple.

Not gonna touch a burger from BWW or TGIF, and I've never really understood the appeal of a donut burger outside of the visual. Sonic is fine but no interest in bacon jam.

Oct 27, 2017
The first one implies an average person should only have 400 calories in an entire meal. That seems awful low for anything but breakfast. In any case I don't usually go for novelty burgers.

I got stuck in that part as well. 1,200 calories for 3 meals is low and would be better for losing weight than maintaining.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
There's something about Carl's Jr burgers. The greasiest, grossest disgusting burgers YET I'm always excited to get one when I'm waiting for my flight in McCarran airport lol

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I've had the Sonic one and it was okay, thankfully I split it with someone so I didn't give myself a coronary. I just wish they would bring back the superior garlic butter burger.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Those all don't look so good.

Unfortunately, I can eat double cheeseburgers until my heart stops. Which isn't much better.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic has the bacon jam commerical on all the time and it looks disgusting. I don't even know what bacon jam is? Is it just bacon scraps in grease?

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
That doughnut burger looks disgusting and whoever started the doughnut buns trend should be locked up 🤮

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
The funniest part of that donut burger is that usually places aren't so dumb as to use two WHOLE donuts for the buns, they cut the donut in half you know, like a bun.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
That 700 calorie one isn't that crazy. Like, obviously don't eat one every day, but every once in a while is permissible.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
ngl that smashed hatch chile one looks real tasty.

Also, some of the reasoning these are unhealthy only track if you think 3 square meals a day that adhere to the food pyramid is the ideal diet.

"At 700 calories per burger, you'll get about 300 calories more than the average person should get in an entire meal to maintain their weight-"
Like this is just nonsense, 400 calories per meal a day? How many meals are we talking?

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I was wincing at every "click to expand". What a processed food nightmare.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The fast food chains around here simplified their menus to make it easier for the kitchen staff during the pandemic. I can't wait for the crazy menu items to return.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Only one of those places I eat at is Carl's Jr, but I don't do jalapenos, so none of them. That said, I'd have no problem eating the Sonic's one if I ever actually went there. It looks pretty similar to the bacon ultimate cheeseburger I'd get at Jack in the Box.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Thankfully, these look abhorrent to me. Not like I'd have the appetite to eat more than a quarter of one of those, anyway, considering how little I manage to eat at the average mealtime.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
Piling on tons of extraneous crap does not a good burger make.

However, I did once try using donuts as buns when making burgers at home, and it was heavenly.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
The only one that looks tasty to me personally is the Carls Jr one but that's probably because everything from there slaps. I'd probably still try at least a bite of the others though.

The author weirdly implies that 400 calories a meal (assuming its 3 meals a day) is ideal though... what the heck is that lmao

Also posters overly concerned with others dietary choices: Mind Your Business™

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but none of those look even remotely appetising for me. Especially the donut one is just ridiculous. Definitely wouldn't eat any of them.