• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Super neat. Had no idea this is coming out. The show has the same tone as Children's Hospital and a lot of the same actors.
Poster_for_Netflix_series_Medical_Police.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Children's Hospital the old CITV children's hospital medical drama in the UK that I haven't thought about for nearly 20 years?

May 30, 2018
Childrens Hospital is one of my favorite stupid shows at all time. i've been wanting to watch it but GDQ is on!

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode. I couldn't handle it. I thought I would enjoy it while I do some work on another monitor but don't think I will finish it.

May 30, 2018
I watched the first episode. I couldn't handle it. I thought I would enjoy it while I do some work on another monitor but don't think I will finish it.

if it's anything like Childrens Hospital, which i expect it will be, it is very dumb but very funny and the jokes go by quickly. i would not expect it would be an enjoyable "background" show

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
if it's anything like Childrens Hospital, which i expect it will be, it is very dumb but very funny and the jokes go by quickly. i would not expect it would be an enjoyable "background" show

Yeah I never watched Children's Hospital. It was just too ridiculous for me. I could see people enjoying it just not for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Three episodes in. I'm enjoying it and it really does feel like a new season Childrens Hospital, just The Season Where Lola And Owen Are Medical Police, similar to the one season that took place on a military base. The first episode pretty much immediately establishes it's the same show by throwing a number of returning characters at you, and then having an extended discussion in the car about
how they're ini Sao Paulo. Which is in Brazil, where they are, working at a hospital in Brazil for American ex-pats, as you know.
The longer episodes are an interesting choice, but I'm enjoying it. Even the missing cast members feels pretty classic, as the show has always had to rotate people in and out to work around actor availability.

There are a couple of things from the series I'm hoping come back that II haven't seen yet--Small ask is just seeing how we got from the final season to here (the events of The Grid and Valerie leaving in general; it's not a HUGE deal, I'm just curious what kind of insanity they could come up with); big ask is seeing the Newsreaders show up to do another special about the cast of Childrens. But I realize both of those are maybe too far to go.

Super curious to see if this actually gets viewed--they did not shy away at all from the normal dumb humor, which I imagine is going to turn a ton of people off very quickly.

Oct 28, 2017
I let the preview play on Netflix and at first I thought maybe...

Then it went on and on with each joke landing with a deafening thud.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Looking forward to checking this out. Childrens Hospital (there's no apostrophe, guys) is one of the funniest comedy series ever made and David Wain's brand of humor is brilliant. You either get him or you don't. And if you don't, that's just sad.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I only watched the first episode so far but I liked it. I never finished CH, but I liked that too. The Brazil exposition was the first joke that got me. Then when it was over I realized it was directed by David Wain, my favorite person at this kind of humor and I wasn't surprised.

OP
OP
sn00zer

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
4 episodes in and Im enjoying this more than Childrens Hospital. I like that they can let jokes sit for almost an entire episode before the punchline. Having an actual plot helps a lot to hang jokes off of. The 25 min and more continuous plot lets jokes breathe a lot more. Really just a ton of fun all around.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I wish Children's Hospital was available somewhere online. I loved the first two seasons when they were on Netflix.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Does anyone know why it isn't on Hulu or the adult swim app with all the other adult swim stuff? Is there something unique about it's production?

Anyway, I'm excited to check out medical police.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
Watching episode 3, and I swear to god that nurse helping the old man is Carlito. But I can't find anything online about it.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
We just started this tonight, loving it so far. The wife and I are both massive CH fans, so seeing this randomly pop up at the top of Netflix was pretty mind-blowing.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of sad to hear it's silly.

3 of the most popular types of shows is Doctors, Cops, and Lawyers dramas.

So I thought the most highly rated show ever made would be a combo of all 3.

Doctor Lawyer Cop! He/She/They investigate a crime, while saving the life of the victim, and then prosecute the criminal at the end. It will make millions! 12 seasons atleast!

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought this was related to Garth Merenghi's Darkplace:

Never saw Children's Hospital, but some of the clips looked funny.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good lord this is funny. Nothing has scratched that Children's Hospital itch for me since it ended. Almost done the season and really hope we get more.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I loved CH and I didn't know this was a thing until now. Watching the shit outta this.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Children's Hospital but I watched the entire first season of this and enjoyed it. Tempted to actually look into watching Children's Hospital at this point.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Kind of sad to hear it's silly.

3 of the most popular types of shows is Doctors, Cops, and Lawyers dramas.

So I thought the most highly rated show ever made would be a combo of all 3.

Doctor Lawyer Cop! He/She/They investigate a crime, while saving the life of the victim, and then prosecute the criminal at the end. It will make millions! 12 seasons atleast!
This is actually a pretty hilarious idea.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of Children's Hospital but I watched the entire first season of this and enjoyed it. Tempted to actually look into watching Children's Hospital at this point.
yeah unfortunately it's not that easy to find streaming. You can get by other means if you really want to though

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Based on the trailer this looks very funny, I'm gonna be "lost" if I haven't saw CH?