• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
You have Tallon and Q, can't be that bad going forward.

That weird period where the team went all in on analytics and then bailed was funny though.

The Senators are probably in contention for worst organization in pro sports.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
So as any of you who follow hockey know, the Florida Panthers have missed the playoffs the last three seasons, have only made five playoff appearances in 25 years, haven't won a single playoff series in 23 years, and were swept in their only Stanley Cup Final appearance.

Being a fan of this team, like myself, has been a torturous road over the past 25 years. Team gets your hopes up every year during the regular season, only to dash them against the rocks either by missing the playoffs by a point, or on the exceptionally rare occasion they do get in getting bounced in the first round. My depression, dejection and frustration at this most recent season has led to the creation of this thread. It's my way of venting I guess.

So I pose a question to all of you. In terms of just sheer fucking misery are the Panthers the most pathetic franchise in sports history? They sometimes have the talent but completely shit themselves at the first sign of success. I can't think of anyone worse so if someone could change my mind it would definitely make me feel better.

Pray for us Panthers fans everyone. Pray for us...

2c32bf2e-a64f-4ec7-8cvkjg0.gif

2ff3c891-2016-47da-af4fkxn.gif

df709204-3de8-4d24-bfbrk9h.gif
Dude, you're a bit biased. They have been around for only a quarter of a century and already have a Stanley Cup appearance. There are quite a few teams(in the four major sports) that have never even made it to a Championship game.

For instance, neither incarnations of the Winnipeg Jets have even made it to the Stanley Cup finals. Hell they were so bad, they lost there team back in the 90's. The Jets have been around since 1979. Hell, the Jets moved to Arizona and the Coyotes still have no Stanley Cup appearances in 23 years. So stop whining OP.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
An obligatory video on just how bad the Browns have had it

But at least things are looking up for them now I guess.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah it's hard to beat the Shanghai Dragons or the Cleveland Browns. At least the Panthers have sniffed a championship title.

The other two haven't even been in the same city where the championship is. That's how bad they are.

The Browns have 8 championships, 4 AAFC, and 4 NFL championships. Unfortunately for the Browns, they peaked right before the Superbowl came around in the 50's and 60's, and people act like those championships don't count. I am a Browns fan and I know we have a sad history and all, but the old Browns before the move actually had a decent history with all time great players such as Jim Brown. They had some terrible events in the playoffs like the Drive and the Fumble, but they were at least contenders for the Superbowl. It's the new Browns that have turned the franchise into a joke and I'll have to see it to believe it that they may actually be good this year.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The Florida Panthers are the champions of going on a late season run and ending up 5 points out of a playoff spot.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
On the plus side, it's a really cheap pro sports ticket. I used to take my kids all the time until they lost interest.

Still going to be weird calling it the Truist Center.

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Top 25 Most Miserable Fan Bases in Professional Sports

4. Florida Panthers, 23.17
Movement: Even

The first memory of the Panthers in the NHL was their fans throwing thousands of plastic rats on to the ice in 1996 as the third-year franchise made an unlikely run to the Stanley Cup Finals. Problem is that the first memory is the only real positive one for the South Florida franchise and is the only season it has won a playoff series. If you're under 30 years old, you're used to seeing the Panthers lose over and over, and they did it again this season.

Since being swept by the Avalanche in those '96 Finals, the Panthers have not only not won a playoff series, but they've only made it to the playoffs four times after missing the postseason again this year. Meanwhile, the cross-state Lightning have a Stanley Cup and look like favorites for another this spring. South Florida is nice in the winter, but imagine how much better it'd be if the local hockey team wasn't so miserable?

Only the Bills, Padres, and Kings rank higher.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Lions have won a single playoff game since 1957.
The Bills didn't win a SB in the 90s, but were a dominant team nonetheless. The Padres were similar in the 80s. The Suns were great when Charles, Majerle, and Johnson were there.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
My football/soccer team, Coventry City, has finished in the top six of the division they are in once in the forty five years I have been on this planet.

They used to be in the top division, the Premier League. Then they went down to the Championship and were just as bad. And then League One and were just as bad. And then League Two and finally, last season, finished sixth. The highest position I have ever seen them finish. And it was in the fourth level of the game.

Oh and due to fuckwitidness from the owners over decades they now don't even have a stadium and were threatened last season with being kicked out of professional football in England unless they sorted out where they will play next season. So they have arranged to share Birmingham City's ground, in a whole different city. Which is the second city they've had to groundshare with in the last six years or so.

So you've not won a championship and not enough playoff games to keep you happy? Ah diddums. You don't know suffering when it comes to sport.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Out of the major four sports I generally go,

MLB - Indians (Honorable Mention: Mets)
NBA - Knicks (Honorable Mention: Kings)
NHL - Maple Leafs (Honorable Mention: Flyers)
NFL - Browns (Honorable Mention: Jets)

There definitely room to shift a few.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I don't care that they won a super bowl , without that we're worse than the browns. The franchise will never have an overall over 500. Record as long as I'm alive.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh Pirates have an argument if you are limiting to the last 25 years. Three playoff appearances in the past 1/4 century...

2013 they won the Wild Card game but lost the first round.
2014 they lost the Wild Card game.
2015 they finally had an amazing season. 98 wins which was SECOND BEST in the entire MLB. But first best was in their division so they had to play a Wild Card game and lost.

In those 25 years they only had 4 seasons above .500.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not having fun watching your team and going to games, don't even bother. It should be about having fun with your family and friends, whether they win or not.