• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
You know... Watching Boy Meets World as a kid, I thought nothing of it but it definitely was a good thing for them to do

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah the 90's, where a white dude having a black love interest was huge a taboo.
I remember when a huge deal was made of Ross and Joey having a black love interest but they would have never had one of the white women on the show date a black guy.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm a gay male, but I was right there with her on the introduction of Angela. It seems silly today, but that was such a rare thing to see on TV in the 90s. A black person in a predominantly white space being seen as attractive.

Also, shout-out to Cassie and Jake from the Animorphs series.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asian men and Black women should form power couples more often.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a gay male, but I was right there with her on the introduction of Angela. It seems silly today, but that was such a rare thing to see on TV in the 90s. A black person in a predominantly white space being seen as attractive.

Also, shout-out to Cassie and Jake from the Animorphs series.
Animorphs? how old are you?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Boy Meets World was fantastic about tackling issues of racism, sexism, abuse, addiction, etc. It's my favorite show of all time for a reason. Shame Girl Meets World never got out of the Disney shackles so it could rise to that same level and cover some relevant teenage issues but it still stood head and shoulders above modern kid fare and managed to keep some of the spirit of BMW while also providing fantastic closure for fans of the original series.
Whoa, that last sentence was a roller coaster.
And believe me, it's a hell of an emotional one too. I cried like a newborn baby.
If minkis gets invited and Angela doesn't that is honestly the biggest bullshit.
The Minkus lineage became a focal point in Girl Meets World. His son was a main character and Minkus himself appeared on a handful of episodes while Angela only got her single appearance. It was pretty fucked.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Girl Meets World was pretty great too. The surprise cancellation sucked though.

Yeah honestly I wish it just stayed on for years so it could be like boy meets world was and the cast grew up like I did with the first show. A tragedy really. It was just getting into some really into the issues it presented too.