• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
so if this movie comes out and does pretty badly in theaters and is recieved just as badly. Who fixes/retcons that then? Does Flash do that in the sequel?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it turns out well. Gonna suck for Keaton's return to be ruined by a shitty flash movie.

Last edited:

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
I bet those scenes of Burton looking Gotham with Bruce looking Keaton and Barry and Supergirl in the snow are cut then.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that they are erasing Henry Cavill but somehow going out of their way to keep the awful actor Affleck around. Sigh.

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Also this makes it sound like Keaton is not playing the 89/Returns Batman, but some other world's Bruce.
The 89 Bruce is a Bruce that had his parents killed by the Joker and eventually had Superman in his earth ("This is why Superman works alone") and fought Mr. Freeze, Bane and Poison Ivy last we saw, with the help of Batgirl and Robin. This Bruce still exists somewhere.

From the leaks: "He explains the Multiverse and that when Barry changed something in time, time is a fulcrum, so it impacted events in both directions. You can have universes with all kinds of combinations of things but some certain points always seem to happen."

This is a fractured timeline of the same Bruce, not erasing the original, just bifurcating due Barry breaking time/space and mixing different elements from different realities into new ones. In this one, part of the very same Bruce never faced these events but went on a different path, while on the other, all the stuff from Joker to Mr. Freeze happened as we witnessed.

Also, the leaks do mention, by the end (final scenes), this version of 89 Bruce/Batman is revealed to have never killed anyone (a clear mix with another version of himself). So Joker, Penguin and co. had prolly another ending.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
The 89 Bruce is a Bruce that had his parents killed by the Joker and eventually had Superman in his earth ("This is why Superman works alone") and fought Mr. Freeze, Bane and Poison Ivy last we saw, with the help of Batgirl and Robin. This Bruce still exists somewhere.

From the leaks: "He explains the Multiverse and that when Barry changed something in time, time is a fulcrum, so it impacted events in both directions. You can have universes with all kinds of combinations of things but some certain points always seem to happen."

This is a fractured timeline of the same Bruce, not erasing the original, just bifurcating due Barry breaking time/space and mixing different elements from different realities into new ones. In this one, part of the very same Bruce never faced these events but went on a different path, while on the other, all the stuff from Joker to Mr. Freeze happened as we witnessed.

Also, the leaks do mention, by the end (final scenes), this version of 89 Bruce/Batman is revealed to have never killed anyone (a clear mix with another version of himself). So Joker, Penguin and co. had prolly another ending.

Is there any information that Batman Forever/Batman and Robin is even canon to the keaton Batman considering different actors did play bruce? I know when those movies came out, it was supposed to be a continutation of Keaton batman but I would think they would make it simple to just leave 2 movies out.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Movie sounds great. Looking forward to it. Hopefully ezra has shit together by then but im not holding my breath.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
With how much sheet Ezra had turned out to be and genocide support gal gadot it is better wb fire everyone and start fresh with either pattison or JJ superman.

I love zs dceu and aquabro is the best but this weird Mish mash

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Is it too late to CG Ezra Miller out and replace them with Tig Notaro?
actually if this is a huge mess like it's really sounding like then maybe Ezra deserves this one.

With how much sheet Ezra had turned out to be and genocide support gal gadot it is better wb fire everyone and start fresh with either pattison or JJ superman.

I love zs dceu and aquabro is the best but this weird Mish mash

I'm definitely all for getting rid of her too.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I do love that Barry is such a cold motherfucker that he doesn't seem to care that he erased his Batman and Superman, I guess because his dad isn't in jail so "fuck you I got mine".

I guess Barry watched BvS too.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Reading the leaked plot synopsis and yeah, this movie seems to be exactly what I thought it was. A messy exercise in brand management that WB feels like they have to make, in order to get to the projects they actually want to make (Batgirl, Supergirl, reworked Justice League, etc).

Also, making plot points from The Flash be depended on plot minutia from Man of Steel (the dumb baby codex thing), which most audiences will have forgotten about is...dumb. That was almost 10 years ago.

Also, also, cut the Affleck post-credit scene. The only reason you're making this movie is to pivot your brand away from the trainwreck that has been the DC film slate under Snyder. Teasing "don't worry, we may put the train wreck back on the tracks at some point" is beyond boneheaded. Look forward, not backwards.

Also, also, also it's going to be so funny when the Supergirl movie succeeds for the same reason the show did. For being a pretty fun and faithful version of Superman, just with a woman instead.

It's not like other studios aren't guilty of this too. Most recently, Spider-Man No Way Home was basically a three-hour long PowerPoint presentation from Feige and Pascal about how they were going to fix the Spider-Man franchise going forward, but at least they have the common sense to not other projects dependent on audiences' seeing the Spidey movie first. You don't have to sit through the Spider-Mna powerpoint to understand MoonKnight, but Batgirl is dependent on Flash. Such stupid planning.

Last edited:

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
The leak is pretty much the same leak as the one from a few weeks ago but a new detail that they never mentioned. Keaton stop being batman because gotham is now safe. Wow, didn't think we were ever going to see that ever on the big screen. Man, it sucks that it is going to be a year before we get to see this movie.
I think they teased a mech suit/back brace in the first trailer, so I going to predict they're doing a Kingdom Come/Batman has turned Gotham into a police state thing.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I guess the big question is: is this movie designed to just write Affleck and Cavill out (whilst making a gigantic mess) or is it actually a step towards a full on Crisis on Infinite Earths movie with the Anti-Monitor as the big bad? In the case of the latter then I'm kind of up for it.

Oct 25, 2017
What if?

teltuL3.jpg

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any information that Batman Forever/Batman and Robin is even canon to the keaton Batman considering different actors did play bruce? I know when those movies came out, it was supposed to be a continutation of Keaton batman but I would think they would make it simple to just leave 2 movies out.
100% canon to the original continuity. The situation right now is similar to Superman Returns thing, that only considered the first two movies (and was even harsher, should we say, as Reeve did III and IV, as well)

Curiously, that Flash circunstance will help explain this SR one, as well

Feb 16, 2022
I don't really think that sounds all that messy🤷‍♂️
It really doesn't. People react the same way when leaks for Infinity War and Endgame came out, and those movies turned out just fine. Those insiders keep saying the test screening for the Flash has been met with very positive reactions, so I'm not worried. I just hope they decide what to do going forward soon enough, especially with Ezra Miller's situation. Waiting another 5+ years for further projects following the movie would suck.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My problem with this is that the movie doesn't seem like it commits one way or the other about what to do with the Snyderverse., which is weird for a movie that supposedly will reboot the DCEU.

That said, if all this leads into a film version of COIE, then I'm ok with it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It really doesn't. People react the same way when leaks for Infinity War and Endgame came out, and those movies turned out just fine. Those insiders keep saying the test screening for the Flash has been met with very positive reactions, so I'm not worried. I just hope they decide what to do going forward soon enough, especially with Ezra Miller's situation. Waiting another 5+ years for further projects following the movie would suck.
The thing is leaks are always done with an imperfect memory of what was seen and then written up as bullet points by non-writers.

So it sounds messy because of that. It's why whenever I do read these leaks for any sort of movie I always try to think "what will that look like in the movie" instead of engaging with how I usually engage in written works.

I will say everything that I read about this movie makes it feel very busy. But not a train wreck of any kind. I'm actually more worried there won't be enough cool down moments for the audience.

Feb 16, 2022
My problem with this is that the movie doesn't seem like it commits one way or the other about what to do with the Snyderverse., which is weird for a movie that supposedly will reboot the DCEU.

That said, if all this leads into a film version of COIE, then I'm ok with it.
I thought the way the leaks are saying is that the film basically separates the previous DCEU with the new one going forward. That way, both can coexist. The new rebooted DCEU will have Keaton, Batgirl, Supergirl, Aquaman, Shazam etc., while the previous Snyderverse is kept in the backburner but not cease to exist, in case sometime down the road they want to do any project set in that version and bring Affleck or Cavill back.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I do love that Barry is such a cold motherfucker that he doesn't seem to care that he erased his Batman and Superman, I guess because his dad isn't in jail so "fuck you I got mine".

I guess Barry watched BvS too.
Barry left his dad in the Snyderverse and created/lives in a new timeline where another version of his dad is free

His dad is still in prison in another dimension

Barry Allen didn't fix anything

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It seems Barry manages to stabilize the time/space in a relative "calmer" manner by the end and thinks he should now just stick with what seems alright and not mess with things anymore than they already changed - then Bruce (Ben - contacting from another earth) does alert this is likely and in reality just a "temporary lull" leading into something bigger (COIE), that should be the next universe team up for the DC.
Yea this it is how I took it. And it sounds pretty good to me?

OP
OP

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
"THE FLASH" - Teaser/trailer description (posting here in case ppl dont wanna see in on spoilery topics)

Seven Batsuits... holy shit

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
That plot summary sounds fucking insane man, like whatttttttt

Can you imagine the Discovery Inc guy sitting in a theater watching a test screening of this?

IT'S THE SAME PLOT AS MAN OF STEEL???? A BAT KITE???? DAVID ZASLAV MUST BE SHITTING HIMSELF