• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
The Flash season 1 really helped pave the way for comic book series nowadays along with Arrow.

Flash's first season was legendary. No season has lived up to it. Everything in it besides a few tiny things, was perfect. The acting was above CW traditional acting with 3 standouts being Grant Gustin, Tom Cavanagh and Jesse L Martin, the writing was great and competent and new at the time and didn't make you rip your hair out, the action scenes and CGI were mind blowing for superhero tv at the time, Reverse Flash was one of the greatest villains I've ever seen during season 1 and he still is but not as much of course, The music was also amazing and so memorable, the pacing was pretty perfect, the post credit scenes at the end always made you want a new episode every time, the main storyline was so suspenseful and tense and intriguing and thrilling and entertaining and well written. Even the CW drama this season was bearable and kinda sucked you in since it made actual sense. I should also mention that season 1 also looked really good from a cinematography standpoint. Nowadays Flash looks like a soap opera.

It was a tightly nit, well paced, well written, thrilling and entertaining piece of Comic Book television. It's up there with the top greats of comic book tv.

The Flash season 1 is something that can't ever be lived up to or beaten by any other CW show nowadays. I've rewatched season 1 at least 5-6 times now since it aired. I'll never get tired of watching it. It made me fall in love and care about The Flash and his world. I just remember heavily looking foward to every episode each week. I miss it. It saddens me how far downhill Flash has gone from season 1.

I give massive thanks to anyone and everyone involved in making Season 1. Except Andrew Kreisberg.

Last edited:

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I remember when that first episode leaked. They went in hard from the first fucking credits scene.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a god-tier comic book TV season along with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It was just okay. By CW standards and of the standards of how bad the show has been since it's far and above but at the end of the day it's still just an average season of TV in the grand scheme of things.

Not even close to something like Daredevil even.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I remember when that first episode leaked. They went in hard from the first fucking credits scene.
The first episode made me go from "meh, a flash series I guess I will check it out but I don't really like Arrow." to watching the flash and watching all of arrow just to make the cross over eps have more meaning.

that being said I think Doom Patrol takes the cake for my favorite first season of a comic book show at this point.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its legit one of the best seasons of a TV show ever and the fact they nailed it season 1 was quite an achievement. Its a shame the budget cuts led to it becoming so cheesy and they lost their way with writing. But on its own, its an incredible season long arc of TV.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Yep. The first two seasons of Arrow were good for CW, but Flash Season One was on an entirely different level of quality. Absolutely essential viewing for any fan of the Flash - but honestly, I'd recommend it to almost anyone.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I loved it but it did have its flaws. There were a couple of episodes near the end of the season that were a real sign of things to come.

Anyone calling Flash S1 the best season of a superhero show clearly hasn't watched Doom Patrol though. It blows everything else away.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up enjoying it and I dont mean to pretend Im an authority on this but the first half of the first season is some of the worst TV Ive ever watched. Hard disagree on this one.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking that they'll never be able to match that level of quality, but I fooled myself into thinking they would. It was just too good. I shouldn't have doubted my instincts lmao