• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Doesn't mean she should give up on living

Oh, I'm not saying she should end her life or anything - she definitely still exists, and wants to exist. She just has no real connections to the world apart from Star Labs, and she can still see everyone there and talk to them if necessary, so not existing for a while otherwise won't really affect anything else she has going on.

Mostly I was being dark because, with few exceptions, for the longest while all the other characters only seemed to exist to support Barry, with no personal lives outside of doing so. Caitlin was especially bad for this.

Who's paying Caitlin's bills?

Star Lab Patents! The Star Labs equivalent of "Speed Force".

Which is strange, because the one time we ever saw it Caitlin seemed to have a really nice apartment.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Episode was great.

They need a better balance of Caitlyn and Killer Frost imo. Feels way too werid that Caitlyn gave up her life completely for Killer Frost to have a life. More believable and more opportunites for good character moments if they tried to balance how much time each one gets. I assume that'll be addressed at the end of this season, and next will be more balanced.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible that Caitlin and Frost are sharing approximately equal amounts of time "in control", and that screen time just happens to be concentrated on Frost?

Has the show said anything that might contradict that?

That might make the whole thing slightly more believable... though still presenting an almost-endless number of ethical nightmares.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure why Panabaker agreed to this storyline, it must be annoying as shit to have to put on all of that make up and wig more regularly

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible that Caitlin and Frost are sharing approximately equal amounts of time "in control", and that screen time just happens to be concentrated on Frost?

Has the show said anything that might contradict that?

That might make the whole thing slightly more believable... though still presenting an almost-endless number of ethical nightmares.
Then she wouldn't have had to "give up" her body and they could just flip back and forth like they had been since the beginning. I forget the episode, but Caitlin definitely gave her the body so she could "live her life" and in episode 8 (season 6) Caitlin says it's been great watching her grow these past few months. So there's no reason to believe Frost hasn't been in charge this whole time.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Then she wouldn't have had to "give up" her body and they could just flip back and forth like they had been since the beginning. I forget the episode, but Caitlin definitely gave her the body so she could "live her life" and in episode 8 (season 6) Caitlin says it's been great watching her grow these past few months. So there's no reason to believe Frost hasn't been in charge this whole time.

Thanks for digging that up. That really is a weird decision on the part of the showrunners. There's so many ways that the show could be using this character and instead the most we get is this kind of "it's all fine don't worry about it" handwavery.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Their just giving us a full season of Killer Frost to set up drama and hallway talks between Caitlin and Frost in season 7.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No one will get this reference but. Iris better contract a cool mirror monster quick

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I love when shows use super fake photographs for world building

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Would it be wrong if Barry tried to save both Irises? I mean.......

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Wait if Fake Iris is The new Mirror Master, Bloodwork will be worth it

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_n5uv0z7JCk1trbh6do2_400.gifv

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Ralph's default state is elastic, why are the punching hurting him?