• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
There's only so many things Ollie-Spectre can buff..... Guess the Team Flash ai buff only lasted for a hot minute until the hotfix.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Anyone find some screen grabs of the new Earth Prime world map? I don't like that Gotham is where Chicago is... That's weird. Should still be east coast.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So rewatching the beginning and looking at the map and Gotham is in Wisconsin? WTF Okay Ollie you didn't have to put Gotham in the same state as me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone find some screen grabs of the new Earth Prime world map? I don't like that Gotham is where Chicago is... That's weird. Should still be east coast.

Wasn't Central City occupying Chicago's location on the map before Crisis? When they were showing the orbital laser weapon earlier this season I'm like 90% certain it was shown on the western border of Lake Michigan, exactly where Chicago is.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, Freeland is for-sure on Earth-Prime, & not far from Metropolis.

Just saw the map again - Freeland is a good distance from Metropolis.

The real world equivalents on the map are:

Happy Harbor - Cape Cod
Metropolis - Roughly in Deleware
Freeland - Atlanta
Gotham - Chicago
Star City - Seattle
National City - San Francisco
Santa Prisca - halfway between Puerto Rico and Venezuela

San Monte, appearing to be around Panama, is a reference to an early Superman story.

flash-arrowverse-map.png

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the map again - Freeland is a good distance from Metropolis.

The real world equivalents on the map are:

Happy Harbor - Cape Cod
Metropolis - Roughly in Deleware
Freeland - Atlanta
Gotham - Chicago
Star City - Seattle
National City - San Francisco
Santa Prisca - halfway between Puerto Rico and Venezuela

flash-arrowverse-map.png

But where's Central City? Why would Cisco not include his own city on his very helpful map?

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Putting Gotham in Illinois makes sense since that's the look they're going for but at the same time feels wrong.

Oh shit, Harry & Jessie are dead. So Stargirl's Earth-2 is a new one.
It being a new Earth 2 was shown at the end of Crisis.
Oh right, as we still have E2 Laurel. So perhaps Cisco has yet to check the new Earth-2 for Jessie & Harry. But if Laurel is still here, perhaps they're also back.
E2 Laurel was already part of the group, it was apparently Spectre Oliver's choice and she was saved somehow after I guess J'onn brought back the non-paragon members of the teams memories.
So the only way we'll know if Harry & Jessie are still alive is if they show up on Stargirl or if Cisco figures out how to traverse the new multiverse.
They would be totally different people though without their original memories if they exist again because that Earth-2 would likely be totally different since it's a splinter off of the new Earth Prime.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that was totally on Cisco's side in the beginning? Fuck Nash for what he caused, worst Wells by far :P

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That certainly was an episode of The Flash with barely any of The Flash in it. It's hard to respect Iris when she puts herself in incredibly dangerous situations when her husband is well, The Flash. She should've got him to back her up at the end. Like come on.

Also Cisco isn't leaving the show if anyone was concerned, just Carlos Valdes being on less episodes per season now. Not sure why the feel the need to explain it, Ralph isn't in every episode either.

The new mirror master ZeroX keeps hyping better be on point. Either be good or entertaining like Cicada. I can't do another Bloodwerx
I would never hype a Flash villain, I just keep saying I hope they don't screw it up like they have with all the rogues past S1

The actress for Mirror Master is nothing special, not even Cold/Heatwave cheese

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed it
We're getting more screen time with everyone that isn't Barry. They were probably short on time but I really dislike how Iris jumped from "mirror" to "AV3" to Eva lol

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Enjoyed it
We're getting more screen time with everyone that isn't Barry. They were probably short on time but I really dislike how Iris jumped from "mirror" to "AV3" to Eva lol

It was insane that she had to write it out on paper and hold it in front of a mirror to visualize it. I realize that television is a visual medium, but it makes Iris look like a complete moron.

Iris being reckless because she knew when and where she was going to die was cool. Iris impulsively jumping off a roof after Barry because she trusted him and figured it was the best solution was cool. Iris pulling herself along the sword impaled in her to get at The Mechanic was cool. Iris just impulsively making stupid decisions and constantly endangering everyone around her isn't cool. They need to do an "I was overcompensating because I don't want to rely on you, Barry, but I realize now that we're a team" episode, and soon.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Having Eric Wallace behind this is refreshing, im liking the sci fi stuff this post crisis, havent been too bored even on the slower episodes. Also Cisco freaking out over all the changes. Im guessing at some point they will figure out the multiverse is still there.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
That certainly was an episode of The Flash with barely any of The Flash in it. It's hard to respect Iris when she puts herself in incredibly dangerous situations when her husband is well, The Flash. She should've got him to back her up at the end. Like come on.
Seriously I can't stand it, she forever just runs off and does [wreckless-thing] without the slightest bit of concern for how bad things can go. Laughed my ass off with the Gene Huskk interview reassuring him to do everything to keep him safe then instantly rushing over to confront the baddies and to which he already figures out Gene talked, and then a few minutes later Gene's dead. Especially following the scene of Cisco confronting Nash about the consequences he lead to Oliver's death.

Iris takes for granted her plot armour so god damn much, lest we not ever forget her stabbing Cicada.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Really good episode. Enjoyed the focus on Iris and the rest of the cast. The Dig stuff was really good.

It even felt like the show was shot better in certain parts. Loved the synth theme they're using for Black Hole.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the episode. And now it's Iris' fault for unleashing the baddie. Fantastic.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
At least the crisis gives them an excuse for new metas without another dark matter event it basically is another event but less contrived

Also they can fix the rogues now

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Like it's wild that they actually made Cisco feel bad for giving him crap over that
Nash is way too casual about it as well

Also what exactly was his punishment, all it comes down to is getting powers to help his mistake like i wish the justice system in any country is that generous

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Cisco must got wild sick time saved up, he always up and dipping out

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never be a fan of making someone feel like shit after he feels mad remorse for what he did and is trying to atone for what he did. I'm glad Cisco apologized for cause that shit urked the hell out of me. Also if we're being technical about it this was the Monitor's doing anyways not Nash seeing as he created him and new it was at that exact moment that he would comeback and did fuck all to tell them that would happen.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I was kind've disappointed how Nash was Old Nash right from the get-go. I liked when Manhunter gave him his memories back at the end of Crisis and he was crushed by the enormity of what he'd done.

I don't feel it was necessarily actually his fault (half of Team Flash bumbles their way through life endangering themselves and everyone else in the city/on earth because "only they know best" - they just haven't bumbled their way into something that serious yet), but I would've liked it if Nash had more development between the two points.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping they'd touch on the fact that now aliens exist and live amongst humans totally normally. And they kinda did.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wish they'd just thrown an alien drinking coffee in Jitters at the beginning or something. Just normalize the idea that aliens are just a regular thing now.
Please even supergirl sometimes forgets that there's a huge alien population enough that they're destroyed industries and innovated some

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mostly supergirl thing with flash using aliens as a meta of the week and Black lightning not trying because they just want to do the superhero version of the wire

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So Harry and Jesse are gone? Cisco says there is one earth but isn't the multiverse a thing, so maybe they are still alive?
And eh, not feeling Nash. He's just...there.
Also, not feeling BlackHole either. And Iris puts herself in these dangerous situations.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So Harry and Jesse are gone? Cisco says there is one earth but isn't the multiverse a thing, so maybe they are still alive?
the multiverse is a thing, but nobody on earth prime knows it

they're closed off from everything else, and physics supposedly changed a bit, so however they were finding other earths isn't an option now

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I get that the frequency changed so they can't detect other Earths or breach, but did Cisco lose his powers again as a result? Going through the episode now, so I'm not sure if it's brought up but I'm gonna assume that's the case and he can't vibe things on his own earth or fire blasts etc.

edit:
Nevermind, lost his powers again. lol

double edit:
Yeah, send the only tech guy you have away. Makes sense. Guess they're gonna name drop random tech guys for conveniently plot related nonsense in the meantime.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
what you think Barry's hand glowing was about? Speed stealing?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm not a fan of the whole "Iris shouldn't be going off on her own to do this stuff without her husband" take.

She's trying to be an independent journalist, let alone the reality of being a woman not wanting to rely on men. There's nothing wrong with her trying to follow leads on her own.

However, with her current arc, I hope it's followed up with her getting out of this trouble on her own without needing Barry.

(But I also have a feeling that the stinger in this episode was a bit of a fake-out and that Iris was not taken by a baddie.)

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
what you think Barry's hand glowing was about? Speed stealing?
That was an odd scene. Was he surprised that his powers were working in that area specifically or..... Was it a new ability?
Didn't look like anything new or specific. Just looked like his powers activated without him wanting it to. Hope it's not just a one-off and they follow up on it in the future. Barry stuck in phase mode would be hilarious.