• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I want Zoom and Thawne to team up.

And they both get Savitar suits.

Then Monitor shows up and John Wesley Shipp Flash, Nora, and Barry all get Savitar suits to fight him.

Then Monitor gets really big and all the Savitar suits combine to form Super Savitar.

Then Wally shows up in the Dragon Savitar suit.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
fla508b_0129bc.jpg
What is the context to this picture? Is it a behind-the-scenes pic?
Yes, it is; my bad for failing to read.

Also, I mentioned my concerns about this way in the beginning of the season,
I'm watching the second episode of this season of The Flash right now. We're gonna have to suffer through 20+ episodes of Nora, aren't we? At least Ralph is still hilarious.
and I'm gonna reiterate it again.

Nora sucks. She's a try-hard whose whole plot device is to A) screw something up horrifically in the name of "I was trying to impress Dad!", in spite of everyone warning her not to do said action and B) create drama that is unnecessary and completely whack-a-doodle. "Mom's a jerk to me in the future, so I'm gonna cry and crucify her past-self for it!"

And Ralph Dibny has been criminally under-utilized this season and it makes me sad.

The Flash was my favorite of the Arrowverse shows year-after-year, but I am struggling with this season.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
100 episodes reached tonight

As someone who mostly knew Flash from the JL cartoon, this show has taught me a lot about the character.

Didn't realize his backstory was so tragic - considering what happens to his parents

Didn't know how dope a villain Reverse Flash is . So when I see him in the animated DC movies I have more of an appreciation for him.

Didn't know how much fukkery comes with The Speed Force

Didn't know he had that much help , although I think it's more of a product of the show

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
What is the context to this picture? Is it a behind-the-scenes pic?
Yes, it is; my bad for failing to read.

Also, I mentioned my concerns about this way in the beginning of the season,

and I'm gonna reiterate it again.

Nora sucks. She's a try-hard whose whole plot device is to A) screw something up horrifically in the name of "I was trying to impress Dad!", in spite of everyone warning her not to do said action and B) create drama that is unnecessary and completely whack-a-doodle. "Mom's a jerk to me in the future, so I'm gonna cry and crucify her past-self for it!"

And Ralph Dibny has been criminally under-utilized this season and it makes me sad.

The Flash was my favorite of the Arrowverse shows year-after-year, but I am struggling with this season.

Seconding this about Nora.

I grew to loathe Barry over the course of the past few seasons because they've made him a weird combination of naive, dumb, angsty, and obstinate.

Adding a second character who shares all the same traits but is even worse is just a weird choice. Why she's deciding to play Nora like a fourteen-year-old is entirely beyond me.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
100 episodes reached tonight

As someone who mostly knew Flash from the JL cartoon, this show has taught me a lot about the character.

Didn't realize his backstory was so tragic - considering what happens to his parents

Didn't know how dope a villain Reverse Flash is . So when I see him in the animated DC movies I have more of an appreciation for him.

Didn't know how much fukkery comes with The Speed Force

Didn't know he had that much help , although I think it's more of a product of the show

To be fair, the Flash from the animated series is different

And I wanna say his mother's death being so integral to his origins is a more recent development, but could be wrong.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
That's actually a relatively recent addition (as in, not even a decade old) to Barry's backstory overall. Probably bears mentioning that Wally was the Flash in the JL & JLU cartoon yet he more or less had Barry's origin story & profession for whatever reason.

I do love the show finally being the big push towards putting Reverse Flash into public consciousness a bit. He's always been one of my favorite DC villains but never really got much love outside of comics.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the Flash from the animated series is different

And I wanna say his mother's death being so integral to his origins is a more recent development, but could be wrong.

It is. When they brought Barry back to life they gave him a new backstory and motivation (his mother's death). The creator who established Barry's mother's death in the comics was one of the developers of the show, which is why it's so integral here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
^^^Okay, that makes sense. Barry's relationship with his parents has been one of the strongest aspects of the show, aside from The Flashpoint fiasco.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I want Zoom and Thawne to team up.

And they both get Savitar suits.

Then Monitor shows up and John Wesley Shipp Flash, Nora, and Barry all get Savitar suits to fight him.

Then Monitor gets really big and all the Savitar suits combine to form Super Savitar.

Then Wally shows up in the Dragon Savitar suit.

And then a Beebo imbued with Speed Force shows up right?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
^^^Okay, that makes sense. Barry's relationship with his parents has been one of the strongest aspects of the show, aside from The Flashpoint fiasco.
To be fair part of that origin was the same in the show he had a relatively happy childhood or qy least normal one before being a hero but then Reverse flash decided to be a dick

Though in the comics it's because Reverse flash realized he can't kill him since his powers was as a result of Barry so keeps going back in time to make his childhood miserable without killing him

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Flash Stars Preview Episode 100's Chill-Inducing Trip Through the Past

Sounds like they're going to try and do for Barry and Nora's relationship what previous episode did for Barry and his parents.

I don't mind Nora. At least it makes sense for her to be a screw up. We complain about Barry constantly taking Ls, but Nora is a good excuse to have someone inexperienced so Barry can be competent and teach. Jessica Parker Kennedy also does a pretty good job at portraying childish innocence that sells it (even though she's a 34 year old playing mid 20s). It's working better than Kid Flash at least. I miss him on Legends.

And yes it's time for Ralph to get more storylines, but considering it took this show years to do anything with anyone other than Barry and Wellses I don't see that happening anytime soon. Bring on Sue.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kennedy's performance and the reveal that she's actually only had her powers for mere months goes a long way in allowing me to be a lot more tolerant of her expected fuck-ups.

Perhaps, but he's a lot more enjoyable this season at least.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Didnt they say Sue was going to appear this season to give Ralph a romantic interest? or was that just something people wanted.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still okay with Nora because of what Lotus said. She is still a rookie Speedster lol. I'll give her a pass for now but you know how the Allen bloodline works though lol.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Ralph, heve they even mentioned Sue Dearbon/Dibney yet in the Arrowverse?

Edit: Disregard, I wrote this and never hit save before the above answer was given.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
If they already know for sure who Cicada is... why doesn't Barry just run in and flash him to the meta prison when he's not holding the dagger ...

He ran from US to China and back before a security camera made a 1, 2 second sweep after all ...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Wow, a sound time travel plan for once.

I mean, they'll fuck it up, but still, at least they actually somewhat thought it through.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So they're going to gather all of that and then the bigger villain will be grateful that they did his/her work for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.