• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
Yeah it's a comic book movie scene but I mean let's be fair, comic book movies are good at having hype scenes

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
… wait is this a win for 'all time' or just '2022 adjacent' because it is way sillier if it's the former.

People, even on Era, find the Oscars boring. People wanted more blockbusters so they got it. Now people mad. Oscars can never win.

There's probably a middle ground somewhere between 'web polls' and 'cutting out awards.'

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The funny thing is that comic book movies stiill haven't quite achieved the hype heights of an amazing event story (like the Captain Britain Corp being reborn in X of Swords for example). One day hopefully we'll see that.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I'll cover that then.

Their short film -- which they created with a Black Lives Matter activist -- is a bit more nuanced than how you described it.

www.lgbtqnation.com

Does this 2015 Ezra Miller film ‘sympathize’ with a policeman who shot a black teen?

Ezra co-wrote and co-directed 'The Truth According To Darren Wilson,' which recounts the police officer's killing of an unarmed black teenager.

www.pride.com

Ezra Miller Under Fire for 'Sympathizing' with Mike Brown's Killer

MIiller co-directed a 2015 documentary from Darren Wilson's perspective that has left many fans divided.

Did you ever watch the short film? Or did you just see someone get angry about it on Twitter?

This desire by some to paint Ezra as some piece of garbage that needs to be cancelled is getting kind of old.

Oddly, the people who come in with these attempts at cancelling Miller always, without fail, forget they are non-binary, too.

Like, you're doing all this research and don't see that? Okay.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Wait I know there was one fan voted category, but two? Really? Is the Academy really this desperate for ratings?
Yeah, and there has been a vocal movement to get more blockbusters into the Oscars because there are people who believe things like endgame, nwh, justice league, etc should be winning these awards.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I'll cover that then.

Their short film -- which they created with a Black Lives Matter activist -- is a bit more nuanced than how you described it.

www.lgbtqnation.com

Does this 2015 Ezra Miller film ‘sympathize’ with a policeman who shot a black teen?

Ezra co-wrote and co-directed 'The Truth According To Darren Wilson,' which recounts the police officer's killing of an unarmed black teenager.

www.pride.com

Ezra Miller Under Fire for 'Sympathizing' with Mike Brown's Killer

MIiller co-directed a 2015 documentary from Darren Wilson's perspective that has left many fans divided.

Did you ever watch the short film? Or did you just see someone get angry about it on Twitter?

This desire by some to paint Ezra as some piece of garbage that needs to be cancelled is getting kind of old.

I was not aware of this information. I'll self review, then.

Either way, I'm not convinced this vote wasn't inflated artificially.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Scene was hype. The movie was fantastic. Whedon should never work in the industry again (and this is even before the horrible shit we just found out about him) after his abomination.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's better if you've seen the whole movie, but that clip in the OP was kind of cringe for me.

Why is Flash incapacitated because of a tiny side wound?
Why is he having a moment about his dad?

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot-20220327-220041.png
They had a banner flying behind a plane around the Oscars. Amazing that it won as well.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry everyone, Chris Rock got duffed by Will Smith so this thread is now over.

Will Smith played Deadshot in the Suicide Squad. Snyder stays winning.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That got the biggest laugh out of me all night. Like that ... are you kidding me.

Over Rocky, E.T., etc. etc. etc. lol. Stop spamming the damn voting.

Feb 16, 2022
What a joke of an award

That said, it was indeed one of the most hype moment in a CBM. Not saying it was THE MOST, but last year? It's between that and Andrew Garfield unmasking in NWH. Difference is one is cool on its own, one has a lot of history, baggage, and nostalgia attached to it. Either one could have won.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
A twitter vote got the brief video clip it deserved with no real acknowledgement.

TrashyPanda

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't had a spare four hours to sit down and be disappointed by Justice League again, but now I am allowed to have a negative opinion about it.

Dec 16, 2017
It was a great moment, one of the better superhero moments out there. It's a silly award, but I can't help but enjoy every time something good happens related to Zack Snyder.