• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Second chance?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
HAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE MAY RUIN A FAMILY

It's not a mod's family though. That's the key to that thread's comedy.

There is no way we permaban people for "trolling" but continuously making similar shitpost threads over and over is allowed and encouraged by mods and admins

I mean he literally got banned because one (or multiple) mod didn't like him. Pretty much the same reason quite a few out of nowhere bans are handed out with "history" vaguely cited as the reason.

Well yeah, that seems pretty clearly true. I just don't get why. Blamespace just posted weird random stuff. I'm not going to argue blamespace made significant contributions to the conversation going on in any thread, but their remakes were often funny/ silly, and as far as I can remember they were never harmful in any way.

I don't get how anyone could hate blamespace enough to perm them, especially in such a transparently petty way.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
As someone that was told to not make so many threads, if you don't wanna read a thread don't come into it. Easy peasy mimic squeezy.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Mimic, you could make the biggest face turn right now if you'd just stand up for a fallen brother!

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Also OP, if you think it's that annoying being flaked on when you're the top, just imagine how frustrating it is when you're the bottom and taken the time to clean out and get ready and THEN get flaked on. Never second chances.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
Op definitely texts their friends about every one of these relatively ubiquitous dating app stories and they've stopped caring :(.

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
Have you read the thread? Clearly the consensus is that people don't appreciate them.

Pretty tone deaf to see a majority of posts asking that the OP refrain from posting and then respond "But I think they're funny!"

No?

I don't even get how they're funny. Like, I legitimately don't even get the sense they're supposed to be. They're just stories. But if "should I fuck a married guy" and "someone called me a flake" is comedy to you, at least someone is getting something out of these threads.
The great thing about forums and threads is that if you don't post in them, they disappear. Not everything is for you.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Point taken on the mods being at fault and not the OP. We really should make a new thread and ask what the heck is going on lately.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't get how anyone could hate blamespace enough to perm them, especially in such a transparently petty way.
I don't think it's about hate fwiw, I doubt anyone hated the guy but I could be wrong, it seems like something that was an issue over a very long period of time

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's not even Mimics fault that Blamespace was banned for an incredibly harmless remark

"Is this locker room talk" is no way in hell worth a ban, especially in a thread that was all about homewrecking a marriage

Not to mention he edited the comment out almost immediately to avoid the ban

I felt pretty bad for mimic when it went down because it was obviously going to hang over all of these threads from now on

Also OP, if you think it's that annoying being flaked on when you're the top, just imagine how frustrating it is when you're the bottom and taken the time to clean out and get ready and THEN get flaked on. Never second chances.

This is the absolute worst feeling. I don't know how people who bottom frequently put up with it. But I don't do it very often so I probably do more prep than is necessary ;p

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's about hate fwiw, I doubt anyone hated the guy but I could be wrong, it seems like something that was an issue over a very long period of time

What's the issue though? I mean like I said, I'm not going to defend the quality of blamespace's posts if the criteria is "does this meaningfully advance conversation of the topic at hand." But their posts were often funny. And if not sticking to topic or being sarcastic or whatever is ban worthy this place would be a graveyard.

Not just because a ton more people would be banned. This place would be boring. Blamespace's posts were fun.

I guess "hate" might be a strong word, but it seems like someone was just really rubbed the wrong way by blamespace's style of posting or something. I don't understand what the "issue" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.