• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AC next gen setting

• Feudal Japan

Votes: 231 20.6%
  • Imperial Rome

Votes: 182 16.2%
  • China

Votes: 306 27.3%
  • Another setting

Votes: 402 35.9%

• Total voters

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's like they're actively avoiding from doing a Japan game.
It's daft, it's been consistently asked for since the early days of the franchise

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
At this point, I kinda just wish they'd do a modern AC game and wrap the series up. They obviously want to do more fantasy-style games, and distancing those from AC would give them more flexibility in terms of storylines instead of having to make sure they have elements of AC in everything.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I kinda just wish they'd do a modern AC game and wrap the series up. They obviously want to do more fantasy-style games, and distancing those from AC would give them more flexibility in terms of storylines instead of having to make sure they have elements of AC in everything.
Assassin's Creed is the Final Fantasy of the PS3/360 gen. It will never be wrapped up.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What's with this obsession with japan? Is it a weeb thing?

Maybe do a culture of civilization that has been unrepresented in video games:
- mongol
- ottoman
- Indian (before colonization or even during)

Mar 10, 2018
There aren't enough games in general set in China's historical past, which is weird, considering it's one of the richest and most influential civilizations of all time. Much of Japanese culture as we know it wouldn't exist without China's influence.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
No, but I hope it's somewhere that's not in the west. A AAA AC game in South or East Asia would be amazing, or even West/East Africa. Something truly different ya know.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
An AC game based on the Cold War can be awesome.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused about what we mean by next-gen as I kinda think there will be at least 1-2 more games that release on old consoles. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
My dream AC: Japan takes place in the Taisho period and uses mostly guns. Maybe one shot in the trailer of the protagonist briefly using a mass-produced saber-style sword before discarding it.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed: Fallout. Post apocalyptic, steampunk setting, based in South East Asia. Factions include erstwhile India, Japan and China.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Third Reich Germany with playing as a double agent, could be cool (but idiots might glorify this so dunno).
Ghost ate the japanese lunch, it's too late.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
We already got Ghost of Tsushima, no need to try and reinvent the wheel with that one.

China or Ancient Rome would be cool as well as any other new setting.

How about Russia when the Mongols got there?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Nah, Japan is only up next once the series is in serious decline. It's time to leave europe behind though. China, India and Iran are my prefered settings in that order.

Native american AC game would be wild too. Just imagining them rebuilding all these cultures of mesoamerica is mind blowing to me. For how isolated the natives were they created the most impressive shit.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Doing a early days Byzantium game could be neat but Constantinople has been done.
I was thinking that too. Constantinople has been done, but it was still in the "junior" scale of the 360-era AC games. That's why I'd be fine with revisiting any of the settings used in those early titles. The realistic scale changed everything starting with AC: Unity

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
im gonna go with buck the trend, make a futuristic Assassin's Creed in world that's controlled by abstergo... get into all that crazy eden tech/alien shit that they only scratched the surface on

so it'd be like Cyberpunk/Mirror's Edge/Horizon i guess... which is exactly why i believe it will happen lol

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love India.

If they really want to mix it up with a more modern setting they could also do Cold War Berlin

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
What's with this obsession with japan? Is it a weeb thing?

Maybe do a culture of civilization that has been unrepresented in video games:
- mongol
- ottoman
- Indian (before colonization or even during)

I love japan for weeb and non-weeb aspects.

And I have zero interest in an AC game in Japan. There are just too many other games that already provide that.

China...Persia...Russia though? I would like that.

Or even back in the CRUSADES. 1 was far too narrow in scope to really appreciate the setting.

Oct 27, 2017
Japan is the last place I want them to go. I'd rather see Delhi around the time of the Indian Rebellion or Haiti during the revolution or Beijing during the Boxer rebellion. Or do another more naval-heavy game and set it primarily around Mombasa and the Swahili coast in the 14th, 15th or 16th century. Or go to Peru and have it set during the Inca empire, I mean playing as a chasqui would make so much sense. Honestly, thinking of possible AC settings is like a pastime to me. There are so many unique and interesting possibilities so I'd be really disappointed if we got one set in Japan.

Oct 30, 2017
Out of curiosity since I stopped playing the series. Does assasins creed still follow a coherent story that the originals set up? Does the story arc continue to be engaging in any a fulfilling way? Its always a very interesting concept to me that I wish took a different direction in game play and story.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nah let's go crazy.

Nazi Germany

Please don't. How about a period in the other 1988 years of German history for once?

If anything Berlin in the 20s would be an amazing setting for an AC in Germany. Berlin back then was at the very hight of culture, science and political turmoil in the world.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
China with Japan as DLC

South America would be awesome

anywhere else within Africa

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a place I haven't seen before (or barely see) in games. Ancient India, peak Inca civilization, Native American tribes pre-western-influence.