• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Design looks better than Zi-O. Hopefully the story is also better.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but, how are the current toys sales of the latest Super Sentai show? Better than the previous one?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They saved enough money on monster suits with Build and Zi-O they should be able to ballout

Oct 25, 2017
I hope a season of the bed guys empowering asshole humans. Those are usually the best. W, and Fourze
* looks at Zi-O and Wizard nervously *
You are not wrong though.

Design looks better than Zi-O. Hopefully the story is also better.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but, how are the current toys sales of the latest Super Sentai show? Better than the previous one?
See:
As far as Ryusoulger goes, once you compare the report for the 9 months of the last fiscal year and the one for the full fiscal year, you get the first quarter of Ryusoulger moving 2.1 billion yens. Here are numbers of the previous series for comparison (all taken from the Bandai financial reports, but split and added up based on the currently running series).

SmXG7il.png

It's rather low, but there is an issue. Due to the beginning of the series getting moved, while most shows there had two months airing for the first financial quarter (or rather, last one of the previous year), Ryusoulger only had one month. So, if the sales could keep those numbers for another month, rather than falling quickly like usual, it could be doing well overall. However, Bandai's expectations for the next year would only put Ryusoulger around Ninninger and Zyuohger numbers if they're correct, and they were writen after they saw the data for its first month, so its numbers might not really be anything special.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

See:
I haven't watched ZI-o all the way but wasn't the human forced to become Another Riders or have their love ones killed? And Wizard the peoeple getting their bodies snatch so that doesn't count. Except for maybe Gremlin, he was a serial killer before and didn't change all that much

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched ZI-o all the way but wasn't the human forced to become Another Riders or have their love ones killed? And Wizard the peoeple getting their bodies snatch so that doesn't count. Except for maybe Gremlin, he was a serial killer before and didn't change all that much
Nah, the Time Jackers give a Rider power to a human who was going to die or would have a close person to him/her die. In the latest episodes though they are straight up giving it to people who have a strong wish or whatever - check out the Kiva arc for the best example.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017

See:
Thanks for quoting the sale post. Still soon to say that it's selling worse than Lupanpato but... I know Zi-O is selling better than Build because of nostalgia, so maybe the next Sentai will do something similar.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So it's confirmed Valkyrie is indeed a female Rider and seems to be basically on a police-style team alongside Vulcan.

The gimmick of the main Rider is Zero-One is a company President. Also there's Android's everywhere.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Is there still no legal means of watching currently airing toku shows like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai? I know Vrv has some Ultraman and some old Super Sentai (just the stuff that got adapted into Power Rangers).

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the trailer.

From what I gleam from it:

• Protagonist/Zero-One becomes a CEO of a tech company that made the belt. Probably inherits the company from dead father.​
  • Vulkan and Valkyrie are a pair of bodyguards of the company​
  • EDIT: or not​
  • High tech themed setting. Androids exist and are cute assistants.​
  • Villains are a terrorist group. Horobi is one of their leaders.​

Here is the borked transformation jingle:

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting those two secondary Riders to get overshadowed toy-wise post-fourth Rider.

Oct 30, 2017
Basically, it's Bubblegum Crisis: Kamen Rider edition. This has the potential to be cool. Hopefully I won't be disappointed like I was with Kiva.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The fact his base weapon already looks like a Finale rider weapon, makes me think his ultimate form is going to be insane

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see a female secondary there. Suits look great and I may need to grab a few at some point.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Every year since I think Kiva or Wizard I tell myself to get into this but each year I drop out at like episode 5. I think its the ridiculous Rider designs, because I am loving this sleeker look of the Riders this year. Not to mention Tech Companies, Rogue AI hunting paramilitary and Cyber Terrorists sounds like a really cool premise.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I just realised that the Rider show after this will probably be sports related because of the Olympics.

Correction - it'll be the Super Sentai show that'll be sports related. Next Rider could be anything.

This does look interesting in a 555/Kabuto kind of way.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Great designs, interesting plot and ex aid writer has me hooked
Though not a fan of Vulcan and Valkyrie's undies

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Got excited because it sounded like a return to form but that plot killed everything. it looks nothing like the old ones =(

Oct 25, 2017
Subbed trailer:

Every year since I think Kiva or Wizard I tell myself to get into this but each year I drop out at like episode 5. I think its the ridiculous Rider designs, because I am loving this sleeker look of the Riders this year. Not to mention Tech Companies, Rogue AI hunting paramilitary and Cyber Terrorists sounds like a really cool premise.
Have you tried Build? The plot is decently similar to this, but with Japan being divided into three countries that eventually go to war.

Got excited because it sounded like a return to form but that plot killed everything. it looks nothing like the old ones =(
And it never will. Franchise lives to sell toys now. But "return to form" is highly subjective. Give Drive or Build a try - or Kuuga! Plot-wise the later seasons are far better written than most old stuff, and some bring the original ideas of the Rider(s) being just someone with the powers of a villain deciding to protect people to whole new heights.

Last edited:

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I will be disappointed if some of those cassettes don't turn int animals

Oct 30, 2017
I hope you checked out some of the newer seasons since Kiva.

Oh, I have. W, Wizard, Decade, Fourze, OOOs, Gaim, and I've been on and off with Build. Tried watching Ghost and I really didn't like it, despite having a cool design. Decade had potential that it never really reached, Fourze was alright, but not spectacular, W was good, Wizard was largely forgettable, OOOs was great, and Gaim very nearly reached early Heisei levels of grimdarkness and I loved it for that, despite how cheesy and dopey it started out with the dance battles and Pokemon.

Kiva had a lot of potential to be really cool. The dual timeline aspect was original and quite a risk to take. The problem I had was that it never delivered on what some of the early press releases sold it as. They were promising something much darker and elements that never made it into the show, like Kiva only being able to fight at night, or that his powers varied depending on the phases of the moon. Instead, it started strong, meandered a lot in the middle, turning into a teen romance drama, and then ended with a few neat ideas, like Kiva having to assume the role of the Fangire king. The toy tie-ins really seemed pointless and shoehorned in with Kiva, too. How many times did he use his bike armor? Was Castle Doran or Shuu Dragon ever explained?