• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
It's awesome for me. BD2, MH Rise, Mario Golf, and potentially Rune Factory 5 and Stories 2 all before the fall. Yeah I'm excited!

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
For me it is great, also adding Story of Seasons, Atelier Ryza 2, Trails of Cold Steel IV, Ys IX, Rune Factory 5, MH Stories 2.
But it is certainly not for everyone, that I understand.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Someone sell me on Miitopia.

It looked like Find Mii from 3DS StreetPass, which was actually one of the coolest things on 3DS.

It also had some bangers.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Rune Factory 5, Disgaea 6 and Ys IX are all I need. Really hope they'll all get released in the first half. Disgaea 6 is already out in Japan even.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
not really interested in any of these(other than possibly snap which i'm on the fence about pending reviews) but looking forward to the famicom detective club games and rune factory 5

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
The only games that interest me from this list are:

Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Zelda : Skyward Sword HD

Thankfully I haven't played them yet on the older systems. Tbh that list isn't great imo, and it's even worse when you remove the ports. The number of AAA games released from Nintendo is just too low, I don't understand why such a rich company doesn't invest in more development teams.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I hope BD2 is strong. Octopath surprised me. I keep trying and failing to get hooked by Monster Hunter.

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately, looking at the first party titles, I don't see anything I really want to use my remaining game voucher for. The last 3 or so times I bought one there always ended up being at least two games that came out I would have bought anyway. I can't imagine paying full price for Pokemon snap, a golf game or a remake of a game I already own.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Skyward Sword is July which is second half

Beyond that though I disagree. I see a lot of games with potential but nothing beyond 3D World + Bowser's Fury that looks great. For me it's just decent but I know it's just opinions. Nothing I'm clamoring for but a handful I'm curious about.

Krypt

Nov 10, 2017
Center of the World
its so sad people complain about ports and multiplats but they forget that some of those games on the switch because of its value and its first time coming to a nintendo system.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Don't forget Atelier Ryza 2 on January. A pretty solid first half, maybe the best since it's launch.

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
With Bravely Default, Story of Seasons, Pokemon Snap and Crash Bandicoot 4 I'm basically set for the year. No need for other games at all.

I'm kidding. I'm also getting Fall Guys later

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
3D World has me hooked and it's reminding me why I have a switch... definitely grabbing Mario Golf and Zelda, plus will probably delve into the back catalogue of games I've missed as well. (Odyssey, Galaxy, etc.)

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
User Banned (1 day): Console wars
It's pretty good if you didn't own a Wii/U. My Switch would have most likely collected dust if I bothered with a Wii U last gen.
but I'm not sure what exclusives are coming to the other consoles in the near future.

Would you like to know? There's so much good stuff coming out on PlayStation and Xbox in the near future.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm underwhelmed by this tbh, and it doesn't really do much to change my impression that Nintendo stepped on the brakes after 2017. Of the games listed I'm only interested in Bravely Default 2 (REALLY want to play this - I would've preordered if they had a collectors' edition), Persona 5 Strikers (want to play), Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (yet another Wii U title), and Skyward Sword (want to play).

With everything going on it's understandable that the lineup would be weaker, and I'm not going to be so suprised if there are delays, but the lineup certainly doesn't blow me away or make me want to rush to play on Switch vs another platform. I'll keep playing other platforms and/or backlog titles.

its so sad people complain about ports and multiplats but they forget that some of those games on the switch because of its value and its first time coming to a nintendo system.

I agree on the multiplats, but for the ports, like, how long is this going to keep happening for? The Switch is about to turn 4 years old, and we are still getting Wii U ports. Great games to port, certainly, and the games do benefit from having a larger install base to try and sell to, but still.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it may be my favorite H1. It's definitely up there. Unlike some other years, there's not a lot of pauses between entries. 2017 had BotW of course, but then we had two months almost until MK (which was just a port) then ARMS.

PS4/PS5 is also having a solid H1. Hitman 3, Cyber Shadow, Ys IX, Nioh Remastered, Persona 5 Scramble, Yakuza, Guilty Gear, Returnal, Ratchet, etc.

For both Sony and Nintendo it's really their second halves that are straight question marks.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only interested in Bravely Default 2, too port heavy and games that are ''just okay fun'' like Mario Golf, where's the AAA Nintendo titles.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Can only give my honest opinion, which is meh.

I'm excited about Bravely Default 2 and Mario Golf. Monster Hunter Rise and Pokemon New Snap could be good, but not really my cup of tea. Rest are pretty much multi-plats or ports.

I get why people could be excited, but honestly just continues what has been a long drought for me on the switch.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I can name 3 excellent games right away that you will most certainly not have played to tie you over. No problem whatsoever.
I have plenty of games I can play

that doesn't make the Switch's H1 lineup, the entire point of this thread and the thing I was commenting on, any more exciting for me

Crag

Oct 25, 2017
I mean even if it was just Monster Hunter it would already be extremely strong for me. Stuff like Bravely Default 2 and Mario Golf are just the cherry on top at this point

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing about how people often talk about Switch's stellar 2017 is that when the console came out, there was no shortage of people being quick to complain how the console's first half was "weak", since people dismissed Mario Kart 8 as a port and BOTW being the only really substantially unique/new game until ARMS hit the console that summer, then Splatoon 2 a little bit later.

I think the first half of 2021 is off to a great start for them, they have all the potential right now to get a slam dunk of a year if they keep it up for the second half with some of the rumored games, as well as third party stuff like Shin Megami Tensei and No More Heroes.
This is spot on. People were claiming Switch was going to be dead because 2017 didn't have anything to play, lol.

Nintendo is never going to please everyone and those that are only wanting mainline Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Metroid, etc... are going to be disappointed almost every year in the first half because those games will mostly be holiday releases.

Lilyth

Sep 13, 2019
I have plenty of games I can play

that doesn't make the Switch's H1 lineup, the entire point of this thread and the thing I was commenting on, any more exciting for me
Well, the initial "I"m starving" post implies the exact opposite. If you have stuff to play, play it, don't complain that there's not enough additions to your pile of shame.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It's decent in a vacuum, but if you limit it to actual exclusives it's pretty thin.

It's pretty thinly spread but acceptable under the circumstances. Some cool stuff in there. More worried about the back half of the year.

Also this. All the interesting stuff we know about (Bayo 3, BotW2, Prime 4) seems like it's definitely going to slip to 2022.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
It's decent in a vacuum, but if you limit it to actual exclusives it's pretty thin.

Also this. All the interesting stuff we know about (Bayo 3, BotW2, Prime 4) seems like it's definitely going to slip to 2022.
I anticipate there being a couple of surprises later in the year but it's probably gonna be pretty empty by and large. Got a feeling they're gonna try to cover their losses with a major holiday gouge; all three HD Zelda ports plus a soundtrack, plus maybe download codes for the NES games, all in a single physical package for £100 or something similarly agony-inducing. Limited-time purchase and probably the only way to play WW or TP HD on Switch just for that extra bit of pain lmao.

Maybe that, plus D+P remakes and a hastily-assembled 2D Mario. If Pikmin 4 secretly being finished is actually a thing, that, I guess? I'm not gonna pretend to be super optimistic, Nintendo seem to have shown most of their cards already and much of it has been (pretty understandably) delayed.