• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElCidTmax

Oct 28, 2017
Technically Astro's Playroom - it's preinstalled and should be a great demo of all the tech in the PS5

Then Demon's Souls

Then I start reinstalling PS4 games so I can play more Spelunky 2

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I'll probably try out Astro's Playroom for a bit and then throw Trails of Cold Steel 4 in and finally start playing that. I'm waiting until my PS5 arrives to play it. As for the XSX, idk Dirt 5 or Falconeer or something. I still don't know what I'll even have on launch day. Lost Odyssey maybe?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
FIFA 21. I want to check out the player career and see that EA have once again done nothing, and then start playing FUT.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not sure. It depends on if my physical copies of Demon's Souls and Sackboy: A Big Adventure arrive on time. I'm getting Miles Morales digitally, so that's going to take a while to download after I get the system started up (the first thing I'm gonna do is get that thing downloading, since it's a big download).

Probably Astro's Playroom, just to see how the Dual Sense feels with a game that will no doubt be utilizing some of its features, and then some PS4 games I also have that I've been sitting on.

But if I get Demon's Souls on time, that one for sure.

Oct 26, 2017
Astro's Playroom seem like the correct choice, I've been waiting for Cyberpunk since forever so an hour or two more won't kill me.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Well first game is Sea of thieves, I wanna see what improvements the new console gives it and I still play the fuck out of it.

Then I'd either go Dirt 5 or The Falconeer!

For my PS5D I'll give Astrobot playroom a run.

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
PS5: Astro's Playroom - to experience the new features

XSX: Gears 5 - I've been waiting for XSX to arrive before playing this one.

I wish it was Halo Infinite, though.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Astro Room on PS5 and The Medium on Xbox Series.

First retail game will most likely be Spider-Man Miles Morales, followed closely by Demon's Soul.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
PS5 - Demon's Souls
XBSX - Probably one of my BC titles like Forza Horizon 3 or 4.

It would be great if some of these old games get updates for a high performance mode like how the Xbox One X could do 4K@60fps or some old Xbox 360 and original Xbox stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Forza Horizon 4 will be my first game on Xbox and if I can get a PS5 (sold out), then Spiderman MM, too.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
In the UK so:

PS5 - Cyberpunk (releases on the 19th too right?)
XBX - Not sure got GPU for 3 years so got a lot of games to catch up on.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Series X if it arrives on Nov 10 Fuser
If it doesn't Fuser on my XB1 X till it arrives
First game optimized for X probably AC Valhalla

Digital PS5 Demon Souls no question while playing my 2020 backlog

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Demons Souls for sure. After that I'm either jumping into Cyberpunk, or catching up on my backlog. Probably get the backlog out of the way first as most of the games I'm already well into.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I'll just pop in whatever is in my backlog that is enhanced on PS5 day one, whether it's Horizon, The Witcher 3, Ghost of Tsushima, or Spider-Man
Do you mean enhanced via BC or patch? If it's the latter, Horizon and GoT didn't got a patch announced as of today. And The Witcher 3 patch is scheduled for next year, while Spiderman gets a remaster, thus I don't expect any enhanced patch sadly.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Astros playroom and maybe miles if I buy it at launch just to have a showcase game. But what I will play most within launch window is overcooked 1 and 2 deluxe with all DLC. My wife and I have already played all of this but we are looking forward to going through it all again at once. It's by far our favorite game (and one of the few as she doesn't game much) to play together.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
PS5 - Miles Morales
Series X - The Medium or Watch_Dogs: Legion

With the Series X, it's a bit tricky since I'm essentially just going to arbitrarily pick out some third party titles releasing around the launch line-up. I was originally planning on getting the lion's share of third party launch titles on PS5 but without Halo: Infinite to play on the X, the software line-up is looking pretty sparse for launch unless I want to just play enhanced backwards compatible titles which, while fun, aren't exactly what I have in mind when I want to take my shiny new $500 console for a spin.

As it stands, I'm thinking I'll probably buy:

PS5:
Astro's Playroom (free)
Demon's Souls
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition
Destruction All-Stars
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Series X:
The Medium (Game Pass)
Tetris Effect: Connected (Game Pass)
NBA 2K21 (free upgrade)
Watch_Dogs: Legion
Devil May Cry V: Special Edition
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla (no real interest in the game itself but it should be a solid tech demo)

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
TLOU Remastered. This will be my first PlayStation :)
Enjoy the ride. The Last of Us is a very special franchise imo.
Ratchet if its a release game otherwise demon souls
release window. Probably next year.
PS5 - Demon's Souls

XBSX - Probably one of my BC titles like Forza Horizon 3 or 4.

It would be great if some of these old games get updates for a high performance mode like how the Xbox One X could do 4K@60fps or some old Xbox 360 and original Xbox stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black.
Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics, SoT and other games will get free upgrade patches and don't need the run in BC.

Last edited: