• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
It was announced on the Final Fantasy Twitter page that the first ever Final Fantasy VII only symphonic concert is coming to Los Angeles, California on June 9th. Why is this important?

It's E3 time, baby. What else? Well with the past two Kingdom Hearts concerts, Tetsuya Nomura has shown up and delivered WORLD PREMIERE trailers. It's happening, y'all. TIME TO GET ON THIS %(%*()%*)% TRAIN.

http://www.wildfaery.com/info/en/final-fantasy-vii

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/1118559999633121280

I'll be going to this and I'm willing to sell a kidney to get there. I don't care. I need this.

Oct 27, 2017
Damnit why does this have to be a few days before E3? I already reserved my hotel for E3 and not paying for an extra few days just to see it no matter how badly I want to go :(

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Symphonic.....REUNION EY? It's happening, isn't it

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Man they really are going above and beyond to market this FF7 switch port.

The year of Nomura continues.

OP
OP
Lockheartilly9799

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
Because it isn't important. There is nothing significant about a FF7-only concert when the company has a long history of symphonic concerts in the first place.

I'm having some fun. Remember, Nomura showed up at the last two Kingdom Hearts concerts in LA to deliver trailers before E3. Why even have an FF VII only concert when it's not even an anniversary year? Come on, enjoy some hypeeee

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be so fucking there. Saw Distant Worlds in LA last year, so this'll be a good encore.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Hrm...a two hour drive for me. I'll be stressing about this decision for the next 3 days.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually gonna see if I can go to this. Never been to any of the Distant Worlds events.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Yeah, it's happening.

Sucks that Square-Enix will be the ones to show this off. Sony really should be the ones to have the opportunity since the game is so intertwined with the lore of PlayStation.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, trailer time. I hope it's a big one. 7 minutes long;

Oct 25, 2017
Kh3 out, ff7 concert around e3, square doesn't have any windows/schedule for another big AAA game(I may be forgetting something). Fine I'll take a ticket for the hype train

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
CJBx0Y2.gif

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
How curious that it's happening two days before E3. Gee, I wonder why that is!
MS' conference actually will be on that same day.

I wouldn't really be surprised if they changed the timed-exclusivity deal since they brought it in-house and it's now multi-plat on launch. Maybe with a new trailer during MS' show. And if it's still PS-exclusive then SE might have their own show/stream again.

Oct 30, 2017
Yep... FFVII re reveal with a release date coming this E3 as expected.

GOD I want to attend the live concert to my favorite game of all time... it's a dream of mine ;_;

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
While people are connecting this to the remake (and it seems fair to think that we may get news before or at E3), it's worth noting these concerts are licensed to external companies and are not produced by SE. To think this is a definite sign of anything is fairly wishful. It's a full blown licensing situation - SE even had to call and get the OK from AWR (who produce Distant Worlds) to use the DW version of Bombing Mission in that 7 Remake gameplay trailer a few years back, as explained by Arnie Roth in an interview around that time. SE of course works with them though, providing video, sometimes creators get involved (like Nomura producing the scripted bits of the KH concert etc) - but it's an external company doing all of this in the end.

The press release for this, for instance, came from an external PR agency who hasn't done any other SE PR work -- but they have done PR for other licensed video game concerts including Metal Gear Solid, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts.

So just... Keep expectations appropriate!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lockheartilly9799

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
While people are connecting this to the remake (and it seems fair to think that we may get news before or at E3), it's worth noting these concerts are licensed to external companies and are not produced by SE. To think this is a definite sign of anything is fairly wishful. It's a full blown licensing situation - SE even had to call and get the OK from AWR (who produce Distant Worlds) to use the DW version of Bombing Mission in that 7 Remake gameplay trailer a few years back, as explained by Arnie Roth in an interview around that time. SE of course works with them though, providing video, sometimes creators get involved (like Nomura producing the scripted bits of the KH concert etc) - but it's an external company doing all of this in the end.

The press release for this, for instance, came from an external PR agency who hasn't done any other SE PR work -- but they have done PR for other licensed video game concerts including Metal Gear Solid, Zelda and Kingdom Hearts.

I mean, the hype should be toned down a bit but not by too much. Wildfaery was one of Square's partners last year for the KH concert and they return again this year for FF VII. If they want to show a trailer there then they will.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
On the off-chance that somebody from Square will be there, somebody go hold up a poster "FIX THE MUSIC BUG ON SWITCH!".

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Got this announcement in my email. Would love to buy a record of this. I also hope they're hyping and getting ready to show something off. I hope it's substantial.

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

For what it's worth, the promo email came directly from SE regarding this concert, specifically for this event, with a big "The Time Has Come" message written in giant letters.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its only usual for kingdom hearts to get news at concerts, i dont remember any time we got news at concerts for final fantasy (mainline at least), but this could be the start of the marketing campaign for the remake

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I swear, you Americans get every video game related concert, fest or anything else. It fucking sucks man.
the hell we do. I do feel for you though: personally I am near Detroit so if it isn't here or in Chicago I probably am not going to be able to see it; putting something SOMEWHERE for one or two dates in the US is meaningless to most of the rest of the country. a lot of people live near LA, sure, but a hell of a lot do not and getting there, especially during e3 time, would just be impossible.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Considering this is in my backyard I should seriously go. Could be really special. I went to another Final Fantasy concert a few E3s ago and it was pretty awesome.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
You don't host a concert for a game that's getting a high profile and highly anticipated remake on the Sunday night before E3 in LA where E3 is happening with nothing else to say or show. Either Square Enix's greatest troll or we're getting some new FF7R news at E3.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be so fucking there. Saw Distant Worlds in LA last year, so this'll be a good encore.
I'm actually gonna see if I can go to this. Never been to any of the Distant Worlds events.

This isn't a Distant Worlds show if that affects your decision. This concert is being produced by Wildfaery, which is doing the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra tour.

Got a link to that interview? I can't find it.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
damn, thats like my dream concert. LA is 4 hours away and tickets are expensive though.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Hoping to get tickets! I'm going to the KH concert the night before and this would be my dream. Everything they performed at the 2017 FF Orch (same company I believe) was phenomenal so I'd love to see a whole performance of just 7.

I swear, you Americans get every video game related concert, fest or anything else. It fucking sucks man.

The west coast in particular does have a lot of game related events, for sure, but SE generally is pretty good at having worldwide stuff IIRC. Their KH + FF general concerts go all over the globe, they have a FF14 fanfest for 3 different regions, and they make a good booth showing at E3, Gamescom, TGS, and I think a European Con or two (one of the london ones I think?).

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The London Distant World concert about 3 weeks before this is heavy on the FFVII music. Roth getting in the practice.