• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope this is thoroughly good! I consider myself a Remedy fan, but I think it's been a long time since Remedy hasn't released a good but flawed experience. Wasn't the biggest fan of Quantum Break, and I didn't enjoy Alan Wake nearly as much as some others. Looks like this one is squarely focused on the gameplay, which is great to see.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic about this. It seems like Remedy learned their lesson from Quantam Break and have focused on making a game that's fun and interesting to play rather than trying to span two types of media to deliver a story.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting some mad Alan Wake vibes. This game looks like it will be Remedy return to form.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
cant wait to play this. the previews have been very positive and this seems like a better version of quantum break, without all the forced live-action bullshit. btw: is this the first time they have shown ps4 footage?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've already played variations of this game. Between that footage and the E3 demo, it's not really doing it for me.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... that looks very bad to me... all round actually.

For an opening it's just flat and uninteresting. Should've had it be a normal day, with office employee's milling about so you can look forward to when shit goes down, instead it just starts weird and doesn't change at all.

The tutorial world that looks ripped out of Assassin's Creed also didn't impress.

And the plot still doesn't inspire confidence, and using real-life footage again? C'mon.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
this looks so good! really excited for it. quantum break let me down a bit, but this seems really unique.
also it is sooo pretty. the lighting is fantastic.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
I'm interested in this game. I hope there's some variety in the scenery though.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced by the mise-en-scène. It looks... flat.

And the gameplay looks like generic TPS stuff :/ Been there, done that.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the main character literally telling me the story instead of having the game showing it to me.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Not a fan of the environments sadly enough... I hope the gameplay and level design ends up great, but i'm not gonna hold my breath on this.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Game looks good but holy crap talk about reused assets from quantum break. Literally every character animation seems like it was just copy and pasted over. The way she runs, the way she aims, carries her gun, even when just standing still. It's literally identical to quantum break. Kind of worrying because quantum breaks biggest letdown was the animation it never felt smooth it was sluggish 99% of the time. Just constantly had the exact animation over and over and over again.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
That intro took so damn long until action started and it wasn't good.

Obviously this is just the start but yeah terrible showing.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy that this is what they were able to do with a lower budget. The visuals are insane. That shot at 10:17 especially is amazing.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still on the fence about this one. Saw some things I liked about the game and a handful of others that reminded me of the things I didn't like about their previous games.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they do well but this still looks like a generic 3rd person shooter. The morphing environments don't seem to enhance gameplay, just the setting. And the story seems uninspired. Just doesn't seem fun to play.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
I played an hour at E3 and came away pretty...mixed. It's Remedy, so I'm anticipating playing it regardless, but I dunno. It has loot? It has loot.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the voice volume is way too low and no subtitles killed the video for me. couldn't understand a goddamned thing

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just not into this narration, stressing this poster thing, it's like something the writer thought was "super cool" but is the lamest way to get at that topic.

The game looks really rough, the voice over even seemed rough. All I could think about the entire video was "rough".

I did LOVE Quantum Break, so I'm sure this comes around nicely though. Hmmm, maybe I should replay Quantum Break, I don't remember if it was great or ok.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
There are videos of you flying around freely and also with telekinetic powers. I think that is not typical of TPS.
I know what she does later. I'm specifically talking about the beginning of the game(this video). There's no hook other than the story itself in the video.

Look at the first post I had. I said I knew it's only the start.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Super melodramatic writing and VA aside, this looks like it'll be fun to play so it'll be a day one buy for me.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah... that looks very bad to me... all round actually.

For an opening it's just flat and uninteresting. Should've had it be a normal day, with office employee's milling about so you can look forward to when shit goes down, instead it just starts weird and doesn't change at all.

The tutorial world that looks ripped out of Assassin's Creed also didn't impress.

And the plot still doesn't inspire confidence, and using real-life footage again? C'mon.

Sadly, I agree. I have not been impressed with what was shown since the beginning. It looks like a lower budget and less varied Quantum Break.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Day one.
Give me more Remedy madness.

Coming from soneone who liked Quantum Break, specially towards the mid-end game with soldiers who can also use time powers.
Im sold as shit already.

If they have tightened the gun play and the powers are.....err powerful im in.
Every video ive seen makes the actual shooting seem trivial and secondary to her powers....I wonder how they balance that, a stamina bar?
Cuz right now using the powers seems like the best way to defeat everything they have shown so far.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I know what she does later. I'm specifically talking about the beginning of the game(this video). There's no hook other than the story itself in the video.

Look at the first post I had. I said I knew it's only the start.
I guess I just disagree that you need game mechanic hooks like that at the beginning. Some of the best action adventure games just start with a story hook (e.g. HL1, HL2, TLOU, Uncharted, and so on).

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
the writing, & the lead vocal, are just horrifically bad, with the potential of hopefully being so bad (resident evil) that they're good. the bit with the janitor, especially, creates a kinda weak silent hill vibe...

conclusion: i was more excited about the game before watching this than i am now...

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced by the mise-en-scène. It looks... flat.

And the gameplay looks like generic TPS stuff :/ Been there, done that.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the main character literally telling me the story instead of having the game showing it to me.

Remedy has always done the noir-type narrator thing with their noir-type games. It's like their staple.