• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rey and Finn always seemed like good friends. I never sensed any romantic feelings. Just a strong mutual respect for one another.

Finn is obviously into Rey right from the beginning "So you don't have a boyfriend, cute boyfriend?" but over the course of the story that side of things got pretty much dropped. They barely had any screentime together in TLJ.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
same. it felt rushed and half baked. also i think they got cold feet making finn and rey a thing, but they threw finn a bone and give him rose, which story-wise is even worse.

Finn and Rey for life, I thought for sure they had chemistry in TFA

Damn, it shoulda been Finn and Rey. Its not too late JJ!!!!

Unfortunately for us, it is too late.

I think it's clear what TLJ tried to do.

It set Finn with Rose and Rey with Ben as pairings although what Ben and Rey have might be more of "what might have been" rather than ending in an actual romance although I don't put it past the people behind the story.

Can't blame him. Feels like in between TFA and TLJ he went from being a main character to a side character. Which is a real shame because I think out of all the new characters his backstory as a former first order trooper had some real potential. Hate how they just dropped the possibility of him being a Jedi or force sensitive as well.

Why even have him use a lightsaber in TFA if it was just gonna be dropped

He's just a red herring.

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I was definitely subvertly expectated by these movies so far. Finn & Rose's whole thing feels like an afterthought.

Disney definitely fooled me. Should've known better than to expect to get a cool black male jedi lead with an interesting backstory. Even though I loved TLJ I'm completely soured by where they went with Finn that I probably won't even watch ROS. Bring me RJ's trilogy already thanks.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love Finn, I love Rose, I hate Finn/Rose. Zero chemistry.

Finn/Poe always had the most potential and remains my OTP, even if Disney is ran by cowards.

The trilogy would do well to end without Finn, Rose, Poe, Rey, Kylo, or any of this trilogy's characters ending up with anybody definitively.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Finn is obviously into Rey right from the beginning "So you don't have a boyfriend, cute boyfriend?" but over the course of the story that side of things got pretty much dropped. They barely had any screentime together in TLJ.
Which is still a stupid line tbh. How would a brainwashed, former Stormtrooper even know the concept of 'boyfriend/girlfriend'? Hell, since when is 'boyfriend/girlfriend' even a thing in the Star Wars universe? Maybe it's stupid, but it's tiny things like that that take me out of a movie.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Which is still a stupid line tbh. How would a brainwashed, former Stormtrooper even know the concept of 'boyfriend/girlfriend'? Hell, since when is 'boyfriend/girlfriend' even a thing in the Star Wars universe? Maybe it's stupid, but it's tiny things like that that take me out of a movie.

I agree. Totally.

I felt like Episodes 7 and 8 (even though I love them) feel like they have "out of universe" comedy.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I didn't really care about it, it seemed like such an insignificant plot line.

I only just watched the movie for the first time this past weekend and I was expecting it to be terrible due to all the outrage but it was pretty entertaining, I didn't understand all the rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.