• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten on the hype train?

• TO THE MOOOOOON (Yes, early access day 1)

Votes: 455 85.2%
  • Will join later, or when the servers' unintended devastations are over

Votes: 47 8.8%
  • New 🌱 going through the free trial/game

Votes: 25 4.7%
  • Interested but will wait and see

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Tis’ your birth and faith that wrong you, not I (Don't play MMOs/Not interested)

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Tempering expectations, but will still be playing

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017
The game will be in 24 hour maintenance the day before early access starts. Historically, the patch should be available to download at a later point during that maintenance. You will probably have at least a few hours headstart I'd imagine?
Thanks for the heads up. Will spam the launcher on Thursday, then.

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Zandor from what i played is awful compared to Bozja. battles instances and boss fights were sparse.

Zadnor's a bit dead on my DC too because all the cluster parties are on Southern Front. I think for leveling the new jobs people might still go to Zadnor because the Fates spawn regularly at the top of the map.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
I forget how it worked in ShB, but I THINK all you have to do is login during the Early Access period and your Main Story Quest marker should no longer be "To Be Continued" and instead named whatever the first quest of EW to be. Just follow it.

Depending on where you preordered you probably have to enter your code into Mogstation. If you've already done that for the exp earrings and the minion, I think you're good.

MogStation tells you if you have Early Access.

If you on Steam, go to the game in library then click on the cog icon and then go to CD keys. From there copy early access code and and post it in mogstation. I dunno about PS4/5

check your account. under account status, it should show Endwalker Early Access below Shadowbringers in the account status section.

MogStation says i'm good, thanks all, cya Friday!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be counting down the seconds to crash the servers log in with my FC friday morning, I'm so fucking ready

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
So stoked for this!

Gonna log in at launch and just Reaper so hard until I'm level 80 or pass out on my keyboard.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Zadnor's a bit dead on my DC too because all the cluster parties are on Southern Front. I think for leveling the new jobs people might still go to Zadnor because the Fates spawn regularly at the top of the map.

Zandor is better if your grinding mettle.

Bozja is better for leveling because the bonus at the end of fates and CEs are only effected by your level and scale with it. Since no one's does fates in Zadnor except the last zone, it sucks to level in because it can only cycle through 4 vs southern front where everything is cleared in minutes.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did what should be my final Shadowbringers log-in today. Inventory and armory chest have space freed up and deleted gear sets for jobs and classes I won't be playing anytime soon. I've got my Reaper crossbar setup planned and ready to go too. I'll be on at early access start, servers willing, to level the new jobs with a friend. I'm very excited!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
If you're trying to buy a house, it'd be a good idea to try to get one right after maintenance, the invisible timer usually ticks down during maintenances

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Going to buy Endwalker for a friend. Has anyone here used Greenmangaming? If I buy the digital CE will they deliver the code in time for Early Access or on release date? Cause the site shows December 7th.
I bought Shadowbringers from them when it was discontinued close to release and got it in time for early access. Not sure what's up with it this time around though since I got the CE.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
TALES OF LOSSSSSSSSS
AND FIIIIIIIIIIIRE
AND FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

Yes, I'm 100% on the hype train, got my ticket punched, standing on the platform, taking pictures of the engines coupling.

obsoke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very excited for Friday. I'm just not sure whether to go BLM or RDM for the main story. Will wait until after the MSQ to play with the new jobs.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh it's so close I'm so excited!

First thing I'm going to do on log-in is check out the added hairstyles for female viera. Then I'm going to go try out some of the changed job skills on striking dummies. Then off to start MSQ!

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
got work in the afternoon so hopefully morning queues arent bad and still stable

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't fucking wait. for many months, I have been frothing thinking about this expansion and it's finally almost here!!!!

just as a side note: I will be pushing the OT later today which will be around December 1st in some places so get hype! the final days are (almost) upon us!

thanks for the shout-out Chasing

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ahhh it's so close I'm so excited!

First thing I'm going to do on log-in is check out the added hairstyles for female viera. Then I'm going to go try out some of the changed job skills on striking dummies. Then off to start MSQ!

I'm also very curious about the new hairstyles, the patch reading is for 2nd Dec right? I wonder if they'll drop the patch notes at that time.

just as a side note: I will be pushing the OT later today which will be around December 1st in some places so get hype! the final days are (almost) upon us!

thanks for the shout-out @Chasing

Looking forward to it!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
i fucked up y'all

i didn't do basically any moogle tomestone grinding. I was so tired of leveling MCH that I just kinda didn't have the energy to play at all since like early October.

gonna be a rough transition into EWland. I wish I had people to finish Bozja with. :/

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did what should be my final Shadowbringers log-in today. Inventory and armory chest have space freed up and deleted gear sets for jobs and classes I won't be playing anytime soon. I've got my Reaper crossbar setup planned and ready to go too. I'll be on at early access start, servers willing, to level the new jobs with a friend. I'm very excited!
yeah, I did my inventory today. Lots of stuff tossed into the armoire, as my retainers and glam dresser are packed full lol. My inventory is hall-full of glamor options, but I have more than enough room for new items.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I guess I"m as prepared as I'm going to be. I've gotten my inventory as clear as I probably will. I killed God Kefka and Final Omega and got their mounts. Now, I'm trying to do a few level 80 job quests, in case they're a requirement for the Endwalker role quests.

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
Well i'm level 42 on my first character. The map will be empty for me when Friday hits huh.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Additional important information is:

Free Trial players, you may have difficulty logging on in the next little while after launch. If a world is full, Free Trial players are unable to even to queue to log in and instead get this error. It's a limitation of the Trial, if a world is full, paying subscribers get priority for login and free trial players can't join the queue.

images

Unfortunately... there's not really much you can do about it other than try to log on at non-peak times, or losing your Trial by buying the game to get around the restriction but, then you're a subbing customer

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
what is your go-to queue time snack?

I'm gonna prep some cookies

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
I'm soooo fucking ready. Ready for more blm leveling. More lore bombs. To see how msq melts my friends brains while I laugh with popcorn. Holy shit it's almost here

OP
OP
Chasing

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding Congestion During Endwalker's Launch

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Regarding Congestion During Endwalker’s Launch | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Regarding Congestion During Endwalker’s Launch

I can understand them wanting to get out ahead of it and will be linking to this alot.

Hopefully they killed the UI auto kick workaround in this update otherwise the feature will be essentially kicked in the knees by anyone who bothers to Google or care strongly enough.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realise they had added a way to login into a different world directly from the character select. That's some good stuff. I don't expect my DC/World to be too hammered, but it's nice to have that backup.
Finally, Balmung's turn to invade the others in our cluster.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Oh I didn't realise they had added a way to login into a different world directly from the character select. That's some good stuff. I don't expect my DC/World to be too hammered, but it's nice to have that backup.

luckily for us, we simped XIV so hard over the past few months that we essentially paved the way for over congestion in all the worlds. good job us!

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I was super into this game a few months ago but every time I log in, I just can't get into it. Probably my depression or I don't know if it's because I use my Series X instead of my PS5 these days but I log in, do a trial and leave. I have so many unfinished quests.

Hopefully Endwalker brings me back in.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea they were getting rid of hq items. This will save so much space on my servants ><

I was lucky enough to win a Deluxe giveaway on Reddit, so I'm ready. I was gonna wait a bit, but I guess Fate decided otherwise.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I was super into this game a few months ago but every time I log in, I just can't get into it. Probably my depression or I don't know if it's because I use my Series X instead of my PS5 these days but I log in, do a trial and leave. I have so many unfinished quests.

Hopefully Endwalker brings me back in.

if you are at the start of the game (A Realm Reborn) then your disinterest is kinda warranted. the game has really bad pacing, patches from then on leading to Endwalker is some of the best FF I have played in years. I don't say this lightly, if you want the best Final Fantasy experience in recent years then once you are ready and able, just power through the main ARR expansion and rest should be a breeze!

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
Thank god for this OT. I didn't realize there was going to be a 24 hour maintenance. Now I know got to finish the last 3 patches of story quests before Thursday! Also hadn't played in a year and forgot my DC so when I logged into the wrong one I thought for a second that I lost my characters 🤦‍♂️

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand them wanting to get out ahead of it and will be linking to this alot.

Hopefully they killed the UI auto kick workaround in this update otherwise the feature will be essentially kicked in the knees by anyone who bothers to Google or care strongly enough.

If people start broadly using the UI auto kick workaround, that's when SE brings back the daily server shutdowns they had during the very worst times of the exploitation in StB, which was pretty effective (If you weren't there for them, they shut the server down for ~5min every day with IIRC about 15min in game warning, then brought it back online, kicking out anyone using the afk glitches)

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Finished the msq last week, doing the Weapon raids. I really have no idea what to expect or if I should try early access. I kind of want to? Definitely exciting though it's just been all uphill since ShB started.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'll be there Day 1 for sure. Early Access and all.

they mention the 30min AFK auto-kick will be upgraded in 6.0, so I wonder if that means no more getting around it by interacting with things or /hudlayout.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Have this preordered, but there is no way in hell that Im going to participate in the inevitable clusterfuck of a launch if going by my experience with Shadowringers.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Have this preordered, but there is no way in hell that Im going to participate in the inevitable clusterfuck of a launch if going by my experience with Shadowringers.

Shadowbringers' launch was rather smooth though. Stormblood however had a rough start, thanks to Rauban Ex.

redfiend

Oct 25, 2017
Have to use up all my leftover gold/plat coins before maint and get rid of the rest. So much crafting/gathering material that I have to get rid of on my retainers. That alone will take a day. Getting ready is probably the most stressful thing then come EA it should be smooth sailing.