• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I put a spoiler tag on the thread cuz I imagine there's gonna be some talk of the DLC's later tracks that are pretty spoiler heavy, just FYI

like holy shit, last year FF7 Remake had my favorite OST of 2020, and this year the game's own DLC is already on the short list for my fav of 2021

these tracks are slick and sexy as hell, they just ooze with energy

so many different pulls, so many turtle tracks, they didnt HAVE to make so many turtle tracks but I'm damn glad they did

i just wanted a thread to gush a bit over how fucking CHOICE some of these beats are

[these videos have some spoilers, so proceed with caution if that's sommit you care about]

【FF7R IG BGM】忍びの末裔 Battle Edit| FFVIIR IG OST - Descendant of Shinobi - Battle Edit

【FF7R IG BGM】コルネオズビート| FFVIIR IG OST - Lackey Beatdown / Happy Turtle Fighting Tune

【FF7R IG BGM】ラナラウンド Pt.II & III | FFVIIR IG OST - The Runaround Pt.II & III

Habino

Oct 25, 2017
Need someone to upload the Pop version of the Happy Turtle theme, such a banger

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Cat Area (you know the one) track still is ringing in my head and is a constant wtf. Who ever made that area, the things in it and especially the music selection should be given a huge raise.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I was losing my mind at The Runaround. I'd kill for a whole jazz album from Hamauzu. He did some for FFXIII too and those are some of the best pieces on a completely great soundtrack there as well. He doesn't miss.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the song when you reach the Main pillar maintenance facility music, it's like a jazz track

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
SE likes to bank on music. And I love that, it absolutely paid off. The OST is incredible through and through,

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The Runaround parts 1-5(?), i THINK its 5 parts, lol

5 parts plus the drum solo. Done by Tsuyoshi Sekito (Brave Fencer Musashi, The Last Remnant), Mitsuto Suzuki (XIII-2, LR: FFXIII, Mobius) and George Kano for the drum solo.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just played the DLC last night, and I sat there jamming out to the music in the intro area when you first get control of Yuffie before you even fight anything

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it's fucking amazing. Starting with Yuffie's theme, both field and battle versions, going to the Cowboy Bebop shit in the chapter 1 dungeon, and all the way to the final boss music that makes the boss fight feel like it's set in a horror movie.

fuck it's good.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I thought the title said fucking BAD music then I was so confused when I continued to read.

--R

Oct 25, 2017

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No joke the runaround tracks are some of the best game music I've ever heard, honestly delete the rest of the soundtrack as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It's excellent. Can't think of one I don't like. They didn't have to go so hard on the turtle songs but they did and I appreciate it.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Sekito was on this? God damn, between KH and this, the man doesn't miss.

Most of the soundtrack is them two (mostly Suzuki) with some Hamauzu and some Shotaro Shima (KH and FFVIIR), with a collab with Shootie HG for two particular metal songs that everybody here should know just by mentioning them.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
That The Runaround song is up there in the echelon of greatest FF music. My word. Who was the composer for that one?

Where are Part 1 and 4? I only see 2-3 and 5

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Finally, a thread dedicated to the glory that is The Runaround. It's so fucking good.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Jesus man they flexed so hard for some DLC

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Is there an Intergrade OST album out? Love the Jazz influences so much.

Do we know if SE will release a album of the music?

As I posted above, there's only a physical release.

Amazon.co.jp: FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE Original Soundtrack: Music

Or, if you're in Europe, it's for pre-order on Square's official site, releasing July 9th

store.eu.square-enix-games.com

Square Enix Store | España

Compra videojuegos en línea en la tienda oficial de Square Enix. Hazte con los juegos de nuestras mejores series: FINAL FANTASY, NieR, KINGDOM HEARTS, etc.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Jesus man they flexed so hard for some DLC
i feel like just like with the main game, they want to make sure that each character gets a sort of "love letter" special treatment

they'd probably think it's be a disservice to NOT flex so hard when it comes to a party member that a lot of fans maybe think is cool

the intro reveal of Yuffies design alone is crazy, and the music is great

【FF7R IG BGM】そこの悪党ども! | FFVIIR IG OST - Hey, You! Evildoers!

I absolutely can't wait to see some of the stuff they do in Remake Part 2

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
i feel like just like with the main game, they want to make sure that each character gets a sort of "love letter" special treatment

they'd probably think it's be a disservice to NOT flex so hard when it comes to a party member that a lot of fans maybe think is cool

the intro reveal of Yuffies design alone is crazy, and the music is great

【FF7R IG BGM】そこの悪党ども! | FFVIIR IG OST - Hey, You! Evildoers!

I absolutely can't wait to see some of the stuff they do in Remake Part 2

Serioisly. I loved what they did with Yuffie. That reveal you posted was stellar. The way she sits on the bench, her quips... you can tell they LOVE this game. Its got a lot of heart. It really reminded me why I love the FF games I do. Stellar art direction, sick fucking tunes, and solid character interaction.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Or, if you're in Europe, it's for pre-order on Square's official site, releasing July 9th

Compra videojuegos en línea en la tienda oficial de Square Enix. Hazte con los juegos de nuestras mejores series: FINAL FANTASY, NieR, KINGDOM HEARTS, etc.

Cheers might just pick it up in Japan.

Edit: Ah I wish there's a bundle that includes the base game's OST as well.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Great thread. FF7R Has some truly outstanding music. The thirsty turtle jingle was the cherry on top. Every time I found a poster and heard that jingle play through the controller I would smile.

I'm going to a FF7R Orchestra in LA in September. It was supposed to be June 2020 but was delayed due to covid. I'm really glad they delayed instead of cancelling, I'm really looking forward to it.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
The music in FF7R is amazing and it gives me big hope for FF16 or a never happening remake of FF6

Dec 14, 2017
Loved every ounce of the DLC, but the music was the element that really hit me the most.

The music around the encounter with the Corneo lackeys made me burst out laughing, in the best way possible. Also, if you move the camera around during that you can see Nayo hiding behind an empty dumpster, fun touch.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
the music in the dlc was absolutely incredible from start to finish. I mean you could say the same about the main game, but the energy in the DLC was something else. And so much variety with the genres. The final boss theme was amazing too.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Thanks! Just ordered it!

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
The music is fantastic, the remix of Descendant of Shinobi might be the best they've ever done. To turn a gentle track like that into a kick ass battle theme is no mean feat.

Also love the Cowboy Bebop vibes from the runaround, Yoko Kanno would approve :)