• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA_RO.html
The data we know about the mail in ballot requests so far, as of November 27th 2020.

vFjVLNe.png

Dems better start running heavily on stimulus and other direct progressive policy instead of "my puppy is so cute" and "aren't those Republicans bad" - the current game plan is not going to turn out the voters they need. Frankly it's amazing that there are already over 6% interested that didn't vote in the Trump election.

The rest of those stats should be making the Dems shit themselves. Throw out that October playbook if you want to stand a chance. Running on providing a stimulus is the only hope they have.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far much older and whiter than the GE electorate...

which is expected for a runoff. Most surprising is the number of 65+ absentee ballots already requested. I think 700k at that age were sent in and they are already at 550k. You should assume the hit rate here will be higher for returns than the GE due to the short timeframe to request and submit which shows intent.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
We should break some of this news into new threads for awareness and to encourage volunteers/donations. I think a lot of people are probably ignoring/passing over this thread. I know I often do so.

Oct 25, 2017
Some Wall Street Democrats Are Sitting Out Georgia Senate Races

As deep-pocketed Democrats on Wall Street celebrate the ouster of President Donald Trump, some are privately showing little appetite for backing the party's remaining skirmishes in Georgia.

Employees of securities and investment firms poured about $77 million into President-elect Joe Biden's campaign and the super-PACs supporting him, more than quadruple what they steered toward Trump. But the pair of Democrats facing runoff elections in Georgia against Republican senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler on Jan. 5 are unlikely to see such lopsided support -- even with control of the chamber at stake.

For Wall Streeters, keeping the Senate in Republican hands means thwarting tax hikes for corporations and capital gains, as well as other policies that don't align with their financial interests.

"Most Wall Street Democrats and certainly all Wall Street never-Trumpers -- Republicans that voted for Biden -- want a split government," said Mike Novogratz, a long-time hedge fund manager and founder of Galaxy Digital.

Smitington

Oct 27, 2017
Denver
Regarding the groups of people who requested an absentee ballot this time around, I wonder how many people voted in person the first time, then decided they don't want to stand around in line all day again and decided to request absentee this time around. Looking at the numbers better than nothing, but I'm not sure how much I read into them.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sent in my absentee ballot today.

They told me a few weeks ago they were going to mail them out but it takes so long for the mail to get overseas I'd be better off using the run-off ballots they gave me when I got my absentee ballot 🤷‍♀️ (Which they said was fine). Here's to hoping there's no issues getting it counted.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump headed to Georgia as runoff boost, but also a threat

Trump's planned Saturday visit to Georgia to campaign alongside Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, who face strong Democratic challengers in Jan. 5 runoffs that will determine which party controls the Senate at the outset of Biden's presidency. Republicans acknowledge Trump as the GOP's biggest turnout driver, including in Georgia, where Biden won by fewer than 13,000 votes out of about 5 million cast. That means every bit of enthusiasm from one of Trump's signature rallies could matter.

"Followers of Trump will follow Trump, but they're not blind to the huge stakes. And neither is he," Kingston said. "He knows to keep his legacy. He's got to get these people reelected." Trump, Kingston argued, is "keeping the base interested," a necessary component of any successful runoff campaign since second rounds of elections often see a drop-off in voter participation.

apnews.com

ATLANTA (AP) — Some establishment Republicans are sounding alarms that President Donald Trump’s conspiratorial denials of his own defeat could threaten the party’s ability to win a Senate majority and counter President-elect Joe Biden’s administration.

Still surprised Trump is going before Obama and Biden are. Hopefully he self destructs the party there.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If he will be be near Atlanta, it's going to be very cold. I feel like he will get annoyed with that and walk off early all the while telling his voters that GA was rigged

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
There's a new SurveyUSA poll out of the runoff:

Warnock 52 / Loeffler 45
Ossoff 50 / Perdue 48

For reference, here's their poll in October:
Biden +2 (48/46)
Warnock +4 (with many candidates) (30/26/20)
Perdue +3 (46/43)

And 2020 results:
Biden +0.25
Perdue +1.8
Warnock +7

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
There's a new SurveyUSA poll out of the runoff:

Warnock 52 / Loeffler 45
Ossoff 50 / Perdue 48

For reference, here's their poll in October:
Biden +2 (48/46)
Warnock +4 (with many candidates) (30/26/20)
Perdue +3 (46/43)

And 2020 results:
Biden +0.25
Perdue +1.8
Warnock +7
I'm not sure polls will be really reflective of the final results since turnout is definitely going to be much lower than that of the general election.

...And it's not like the polls for the general election were anything close to accurate either.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I'm not sure polls will be really reflective of the final results since turnout is definitely going to be much lower than that of the general election.

...And it's not like the polls for the general election were anything close to accurate either.
They weren't too far off from the result of that same pollster. Perdue's actual margin was -1.2 from their polling margin. Biden's was -1.75 from their polling margin.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I just averaged all the polls done on 538 for the two Georgia senate races since the election and the average for both is a tie. Considering how close the Georgia pres election was, this makes sense. It's gonna be such a nail biter omg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

apnews.com

ATLANTA (AP) — Some establishment Republicans are sounding alarms that President Donald Trump’s conspiratorial denials of his own defeat could threaten the party’s ability to win a Senate majority and counter President-elect Joe Biden’s administration.

Still surprised Trump is going before Obama and Biden are. Hopefully he self destructs the party there.
Kinda feel/hope this will majorly blow up in their faces. Especially with all his lackies have been doing

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
That's insane.

So people's voter registration will be challenged if they don't also own a car that's registered in Georgia!?

So many people don't even own a car.

seems heavily weighted urban vs rural too

lots of people in cities don't have cars but you pretty much need one if you aren't

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump in Georgia if anyone wants to watch with Hasan:

www.twitch.tv

HasanAbi - Twitch

COLUMBIA STUDENTS OVERTAKE BUILDING! CAMPUS PROTESTS CONTINUE TO GROW! KENDRICK DISS ! FINISHING WALKING DEAD LATER!!!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting: Apparently we're looking at over a million mail ballots (965k on the 30th) sent out so far for the GA runoff (1.3 million absentees voted in the general, with a return rate of 74%). Originally I was thinking that this wasn't that impressive because of automatic sendoff (would account for like ~600k), but...
www.gpb.org

Absentee Ballots Not Automatic In Ga. U.S. Senate Runoff

As the state prepares for two U.S. Senate runoff elections, most voters must take additional steps to obtain an absentee ballot this time. Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections chairman Mike Kaplan wants voters to understand that absentee ballots are not being sent automatically.
As the state prepares for two U.S. Senate runoff elections, most voters must take additional steps to obtain an absentee ballot this time.

Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections chairman Mike Kaplan wants voters to understand that absentee ballots are not being sent automatically.

"Just because you got an absentee ballot in the last election does not mean you'll get an automatic ballot in this election unless you're one of our 13 or so thousand elderly or disabled that are on our list," Kaplan said in a recent meeting. "Everyone else, even if you voted by absentee in the Nov. 3 election, has to request an absentee ballot. I want to make that very clear."

The Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections began sending out absentee ballots Nov. 18 to those who recently requested them or were already on the list.

Kaplan is worried voters might be confused since all active voters were mailed ballot requests this summer.
You have until Jan. 1 to request an absentee ballot, which is less than the five days recommended for mail delivery.

To save postage or meet the deadline, filled in ballots can be dropped off at the Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections before 7 p.m. on Jan. 5 or placed in a secure absentee ballot drop box.

If over a million people have had to go out of their way to request a mail-in ballot for this election when many of them didn't for the general, then those people are voting.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

love the focus on the stimulus check. No soul of the nation bs, straight to the point for the voters.

Last edited:

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So in the runoff, does the candidate have to get 50% or do they just have to be above the opponent?

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Bestie and I dropped off our ballots at our county's election headquarters today. Oddly, my ballot and envelope looked different than bestie's. For one thing, mine did not have that detachable strip at the top like hers did. Also, my envelope was yellow with affidavit text printed sideways, whereas hers was white with a yellow strip and with text printed across as usual. Not sure as to why...

Status
Not open for further replies.