• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, like, every single American should do everything in their power to get Georgians to vote.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You can request an absentee here.

No new registration needed if you're already registered.

But you can request an absentee ballot now:

Elections Portal

done and done.

Ty.

lets go!

tenor.gif

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Got my parents and cousin to vote in the election (they didn't in 2016), gonna do it again for the runoff. Was great to see the annoying Trumper at work all confused how this could happen.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's disappointing the senate candidates didn't perform as well as Biden, but Biden is going to be instrumental in driving up the turnout for the runoff races. I hope he shows up in GA soon.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

It's disappointing the senate candidates didn't perform as well as Biden, but Biden is going to be instrumental in driving up the turnout for the runoff races. I hope he shows up in GA soon.

This is why straight ticket voting would fix this republicans don't want it for a reason

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Will try my best to get my friends and family to donate to these races. I have already made a small donation to both candidates and to Fair Fight. Will continue to donate through run off election date.

Boost Turnout: Write A Letter
OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another way to help improve turnout in Georgia:

- Write Physical Letters!

it's proven to improve turnout and it's very easy for anyone to do;

Vote Forward

Vote Forward volunteers send heartfelt handwritten letters to unregistered and low-propensity voters encouraging them to participate in our democracy. The letters have been shown to significantly boost voter turnout.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of a org I can donate to that focuses on digital ads? I feel like act blue is kind of a waste

Oct 27, 2017
Another way to help improve turnout in Georgia:

- Write Physical Letters!

it's proven to improve turnout and it's very easy for anyone to do;

Vote Forward

Vote Forward volunteers send heartfelt handwritten letters to unregistered and low-propensity voters encouraging them to participate in our democracy. The letters have been shown to significantly boost voter turnout.
gonna do this. thanks for the tip 🙏🏻

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
Man how huge are these 2 seats? Please 2021 please start off better than 2020 please for the sake of this Planet...

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
what is the most effective place I can donate money? In other words, where can I put my money that'll make the most difference in winning this for us?

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
it's worth pointing out that pinning a thread seems like a good way to ensure no one ever clicks it. maybe that's just a me thing, but i always subconsciously skip pinned threads.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's worth pointing out that pinning a thread seems like a good way to ensure no one ever clicks it. maybe that's just a me thing, but i always subconsciously skip pinned threads.

haha I was thinking the same thing, I only noticed we had a new member thread after this thread got stickied.

This thread will be better off out in the wild tbh.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they should implement it so that it shows up in pinned as well as the regular list

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Incredible work by Stacy Abrams and other grassroots organizers on the ground in Georgia. Let's keep up the momentum!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
haha I was thinking the same thing, I only noticed we had a new member thread after this thread got stickied.

This thread will be better off out in the wild tbh.

I agree

It would be better for visibility purposes to have this thread unpinned
It's a bit of a balancing act tbh. You're right that compared to a really active regular thread, a pinned thread is less visible. But for threads that don't get a lot of posts, being in the regular section is death. Falls off the front page and into the memory hole.

Unfortunately, I feel like this is more the latter, so it'll stay pinned for now. We'll probably do some site-wide alerts later in the year as stuff like the registration deadline approaches to help boost visibility.

Maybe they should implement it so that it shows up in pinned as well as the regular list
Yeah, that would be an improvement if that's an option.

I can talk to the tech team, but all that occurs to me off the top of my head is pinning a duplicate thread with the same OP that links to this one, which would be unpinned. I don't think one thread can be both sticky'd and not at the same time.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
They have to hammer home the Georgia GOP is straight up lying about protecting pre-existing conditions. Hang the GOP's desire to take away people's healthcare around their neck, and and Ossoff/Warnock might have a chance.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Independents are not on this run right? If they are not what's the likelihood of the majority of their votes going to the democrats?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

No evidence... they are just worried that the run off will be too free and fair.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome thread. I actually didn't know the deadline was so close so I'm glad this thread was here! Volunteered, donated to Fair Fight, and I'm trying to see if I can get my siblings involved in some way.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Posturing for Trump voters? Trying to get someone else in that position who will help them win? Who knows...

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
It doesn't seem a smart election strategy to tell voters in a state that went for Biden that their vote was illegitimate.

Like there were 100,000 people that voted for Biden but went Perdue. He can't win if those voters turn on him.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the best strategy will be to just simplify the messaging to "If we win this runoff, Georgia and the USA gets COVID relief in the form of more stimulus checks and more unemployment checks. Get your money by voting for the Ds."

Because when you really boil it down to the short term, that's what this is. The Republican-led Senate isn't even entertaining a stimulus vote since the House passed a measure in May. It's bonkerballs.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the best strategy will be to just simplify the messaging to "If we win this runoff, Georgia and the USA gets COVID relief in the form of more stimulus checks and more unemployment checks. Get your money by voting for the Ds."

Yes, this is probably how simple the messaging should be.

Put another way, the line should be "this election, from voters on both sides, was a change election... if we don't win those two seats, nothing in Washington will change."

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018

No evidence... they are just worried that the run off will be too free and fair.

BS translator:

"We whites are outraged that the Georgia Republican Secretary of State didn't rig the election in our favor! He will let black voters win the runoff elections for the Democrats, too, if he's allowed to remain in office! This is unacceptable!"

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhoh, Kemp's daddy yelled at him.

Man. This is going to get really ugly..

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because when you really boil it down to the short term, that's what this is. The Republican-led Senate isn't even entertaining a stimulus vote since the House passed a measure in May. It's bonkerballs.

If exit polls have shown us anything, this needs to be the next step forward. People feel like they're better off ever since they got those checks.

They need to stress that these senators voted against relief and Mitch McConnell will continue to block them unless they win.

Misterman

Jun 10, 2018
Or reinvigorate them to push harder to stop evil Joe get control.
Exactly, I've been reading a lot of people on the left saying turnout will dampen without Trump on the ticket and people on the right saying it'll increase turnout for them because they don't want to lose the senate as well as the presidency. In reality it'll be an extremely close race and we don't really know what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.