• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone in or near the state should try and canvass if they feel safe and have the time and money to do so. I'd be vary of donating much to either campaign given the lack of difference a huge donation lead made in loads of senate races though.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the link to donate?

Edit: In the OT Duh.
Also The President needs to talk about this constantly

Last edited:

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm securing a bunch of volunteers for the runoffs from friends and family and my sister just gave me $100 to donate. Let's fucking go!.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Let's get Biden a senate majority so that the things that people want and need can materialize as actual legislation. It will be an uphill battle but we can do this!

More Grassroots Donation Options

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
This needs to be quoted on every page:

Those looking to donate:

Also, for a really comprehensive list of BIPOC-led voter outreach organizations in Georgia:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ho5HxLJhuWxy1QKzi4_7Ryt6Nvk2wm3RakOgeGiOWK0/edit#gid=0

These folks, with Stacey Abrams' FairFight org leading the way, represent the most successful efforts Georgia (and some other states) has yet seen for getting progressive Dem voters to the polls! If you're not able to phone/text bank or knock on doors, these are the folks you want to be sending your money to if you wanna flip these seats. (As the first tweet explains, the candidates will already be well bankrolled by the party.)

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Donated! This is the key to so much! Please do everything you can to have a productive Biden presidency!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Requested my absentee ballot today. Taking the day to celebrate but will start the work to make this shit happen.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to sound defeatist, but Democrats winning both Senate seats in GA seems really unlikely.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to sound defeatist, but Democrats winning both Senate seats in GA seems really unlikely.

With what Stacey Abrams was able to do and will continue to do, and with the possibility that Trump and the GOP might turn on one another even just a little bit, there might be a damn good shot. It's an uphill battle but we have to remember that Georgia is fucking blue for Biden. With the right campaigning, right messaging, and the right ground game, it can be done.

To put it another way: Abrams and the 2020 election has shown us that Georgia is now as purple as everyone thought Florida was.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, this is the one thing that really gives me hope.

Democrats are excited and invigorated and angry.

Republicans are a cult of personality that just lost their leader.
and you know trump isn't gonna campaign for anyone but himself. hell, he threw mcsally under the bus while standing next to her in arizona!

meanwhile, president-elect biden can literally be out there encouraging his voters to vote in the runoff. if all of his voters do that, then the two senate candidates win, period.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Donated to Ossoff and Warnock, and signed up to volunteer.

I want this state ALL the way blue.

Fuck.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bro

how the fuck did Sara Gideon lose

3bcb2efe-7601-4631-9b60-e7dc80d5cfaf-large16x9_poster_7eabcaf8de47467daaf8ac03727d2121.png

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Yang is joining the fight in Georgia! We're going to need a Avengers style team up to make this flip happen! Consider volunteering, the next 4 years of this country depend on it!

That's awesome! Go Progressive Go!

This thread must stay on the first page of EtcetEra Forum at all times until runoff night.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
We finally have the numbers to make this happen. We just have to believe and stay motivated. I'll make sure my wife and I add +2 to Warnock and Ossoff. Will be donating as well. Hopefully we can reach as many Georgians as possible and make 2 Georgian Democratic Senators a reality.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you can hep out Era. All I want for Christmas is Warnock and Ossoff in the senate. Volunteer vote your Ossoff!.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I'd move to Georgia if I could. Would it be dirty? Hell yeah it would, but the game has changed. We get nothing out of being noble while the opposition move to destroy democracy at every turn while having their fill.

This thread needs to be stickied. There is an actual shot of making this happen. If democrats want it bad enough, we can make it happen!

-Better healthcare!
-Proper Covid Legislation
-Stimulus Bill not being held hostage by Moscow Mitch
-Fixing the Judicial Branch
-And countless other possibilities that vanish if these elections go south and we enter gridlock with Mitch and his cronies blaming Biden for a lack of progress. People fall for that shit too.

These two elections are insanely important, more than the majority will realize. I don't see us having another shot at majority for at least a decade or more. Let's make this happen!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Shower thought tonight, here is hoping that trump's attempt to destroy americans faith in our democracy and election process also helps to lower republican turnout in GA if they believe it's rigged anyway.

God I hope the DEMs turn up the heat in a major way. It's just too easy to think it's over now that the main target is down and 2 months is a LONG time for people to cool off the high of victory.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shower thought tonight, here is hoping that trump's attempt to destroy americans faith in our democracy and election process also helps to lower republican turnout in GA if they believe it's rigged anyway.

God I hope the DEMs turn up the heat in a major way. It's just too easy to think it's over now that the main target is down and 2 months is a LONG time for people to cool off the high of victory.
That's why I'm striking while people are high on the victory. I'm getting a high rate of yeses on volunteering and or donating by personally asking my friends and family.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Donated $25 to Fair Fight. I haven't donated money to a political cause since Obama's 2008 run but getting the senate majority is too damn important

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No luck on the report request to pin it yet - just never got a response.

Nov 13, 2017
Stacey has announced that $750,000 has been raised for each candidate in the 24 hours since she first posted her link. Please keep donating y'all!

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Please also consider donating to smaller grassroots orgs, check threadmarks for links! These boots on the ground organizers will be on the front lines.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there will be a duel Ossoff / Warnock yard signs. I'd like to really get one and get one quickly.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
do i have to RE REGISTER?

Gwinnett county here *pauses for applause*

but yeah, is this a whole other registration?

is there early voting/

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've signed up to volunteer- was open for anything except for physically running events. Also donated to Ossoff and Warnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.