• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're announcing a launch game for Xbox Series X.

...Is that even legal?!

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good, I can imagine myself getting that at launch.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I'm in day one. I've been following the game since announcement and it hits a whole lot of right spots for me. It might be the first XSX game I play.

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been paying attention to this game so upon viewing the trailer, Xbox and PC is getting an air to air and air to ground dogfighting game with falcons instead of planes? Crimson Falcons let's go!

Grimace McRib

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
500full.jpg

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks interesting enough but not something I'd pay for, has Gamepass written all over it.

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
So launches and time windows can change everything,, but let me say that the "at least 4k60" part means exactly that,,

you've got to take your time pushing perf and fx and see where its constant in every situation. And even though the artstyle is abstracted and clean (don't call it cartoonie, cuz it most certainly is not), but even with its simpler aesthetic it does push a fair amount of current/nextgen/weird tricks, and those don't come for free on any platform. Just doing an ocean world requires some technical hoops that aren't CPU light for instance.

That said its a game that leaves a lot of performance space to fool around with to do cool stuff, and I love doing cool stuff, and i'll be doing cool stuff to the , right up to when the discs get printed and beyond.

Sorry I can't get technical, or super specific, but that is a bit par the course for a new gen,, its all figuring out experimenting and keeping things quiet until you'r not quiet anymore .

Paper Wario

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
They're announcing a launch game for Xbox Series X.

...Is that even legal?!
They didn't announce it as a launch game for Series X, they said that when the game launches, it will be available on Series X. Does not mean that Falconeer is a launch game based on that tweet, at least that's how I read it.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Surprised it's not 120fps. Doubly surprised MS hasn't advertise this in their showcases, looks good at a welcoming price.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020

Jrs3000

Oct 26, 2017
USA
So launches and time windows can change everything,, but let me say that the "at least 4k60" part means exactly that,,

you've got to take your time pushing perf and fx and see where its constant in every situation. And even though the artstyle is abstracted and clean (don't call it cartoonie, cuz it most certainly is not), but even with its simpler aesthetic it does push a fair amount of current/nextgen/weird tricks, and those don't come for free on any platform. Just doing an ocean world requires some technical hoops that aren't CPU light for instance.

That said its a game that leaves a lot of performance space to fool around with to do cool stuff, and I love doing cool stuff, and i'll be doing cool stuff to the , right up to when the discs get printed and beyond.

Sorry I can't get technical, or super specific, but that is a bit par the course for a new gen,, its all figuring out experimenting and keeping things quiet until you'r not quiet anymore .

Sounds awesome! Keep tinkering away.