• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
DcQJqdI.png

CnGAlyN.png
Platform(s): Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X
Release Date:
November 10th, 2020​
Genre: Flight/RPG
Price: $29.99USD/39.99USD (Digital/Physical)
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital/Physical
Developer: Tomas Sala (falconeerdev )
Publisher: Wired Productions
Size: ~3GB

wingman.gif

Ru9UEPg.png

What is The Falconeer?
The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring frenetic aerial dogfights and deep exploration of the mysterious open-world of The Great Ursee.

How long is the game?
It depends on how much of the content you choose to engage with in the game. Anywhere from, but not limited to, 8 to 12 hours.

How is the game structured?
The Falconeer is broken up into 5 chapters each one for a different faction. This will determine where your main base of operations (where you talk to characters, take on missions and upgrade your falcon) is in the open world and the missions will have access to.

Falcon upgrades?
By earning a currency called 'Splinters' you can buy both weapons to outfit your falcon with and Mutagens to boost its specific stats (agility, health regen and speed). The falcon will also gain levels as you progress through the game, but you will not have control over which stat is improved per level.

Photo mode?
Yes, the game includes a photo mode.

Smart Delivery?
Yes, no matter what Xbox One or Xbox Series console variant you own—The Falconeer will run on it. This also goes for digital/physical (aside from the inability to put the disc release into the Xbox Series S).

How does the game perform on the various Xbox consoles?
Xbox One S
1080p @ 60fps

Xbox One X
1800p @ 60fps

Xbox Series S
Default: 1800p @ 60fps
Performance Mode: 1080p @ 120fps

Xbox Series X
Default: 4k @ 60fps
Performance Mode: 1800p @ 120fps

Xbox Play Anywhere?
No, the game is also not available in the Xbox store on PC.

Game Pass?
Yes, The Falconeer will launch into Game Pass on February 4th for console, PC and streaming.

Physical release?
FWYQ0hG.png

Yes, there is a physical release for Xbox platforms that includes a sticker sheet, lenticular card, digital soundtrack and digital guide.

Flight Stick (HOTAS) support?
Yes for PC, but support for HOTAS still being evaluated for the console release.

Ultrawide support on PC?
Yes, native support for 21:9 and beyond.

Will the game come to other platforms in the future?
Nothing has been announced at the time of writing this thread.

bQIq11Z.png

ss_0ec4c5a9940fca941a5971788f5203b9d9951a3e.600x338.jpg
ss_0784ac1b48d2790e18dccc7dbcf5508124267c53.600x338.jpg

ss_fbb5b51694140c68fd726437880ced8af75d666d.600x338.jpg
ss_cf59227a05e639edf905c6b8396d21504bcc42e7.600x338.jpg

bFwTo6l.png

Metacritic
Xbox One | PC | Xbox Series X
Opencritic

PCGamer 78/100
Despite a little turbulence, The Falconeer takes you on a memorable ride.

Fingerguns 7/10
The Falconeer lacks an actual Falconeer protagonist to hang its adventure from and ends up impersonal and fragmented. Odd dis-incentivizing design choices seek to undermine what is an otherwise wonderful lore-filled world and some of the most fun and frenetic aerial combat this generation.

Godisageek 8.5/10
The Falconeer is a beautiful game that offers a necessary freedom and escape that is much needed right now. It looks incredible, and flying around The Great Ursee feels excellent, but sometimes the combat can be tricky.

H4qKXFd.png

Official Site
Review Thread

Factions.gif

Last edited:

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
This game looks great and I would be all over it if it wasn't the gamepocolypse right now. Will wait for a sale (maybe xmas) or the eventual release on gamepass or as a games with gold title.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played this during the Steam beta and loved it.

Will be picking it up tomorrow for sure.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
If anyone has questions about the campaign or game in general feel free to @ me
Played it on PC using Xbox One controller, probably 13 hours to beat including mindless exploration and sidequests

Starting Tips
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Apparently I've been confusing this with Falcon Age for a good while now. I'm sitting here like "Wait, I thought the falcon was a normal sized bird. You could give it a fist bump."

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London
Game is beautiful. Look and audio give it tons of atmosphere. So far it's pretty hard though, I am trash at the combat.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
No dice with my copy showing up at my shop, looking forward to jumping in when it arrives though!

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna take that $20 credit that Wal-Mart is sending me over the Spider-Man fiasco and pick this up for $20.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the delay got most North American retailers. Ones I've checked all show a November 17th release date for the physical Xbox copy now.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Update is now out on Xbox, new review as well:

www.eurogamer.net

The Falconeer review - I love that we live in a world where there's a launch title like this

I love that we're living in a time where The Falconeer can be an Xbox Series X/S launch title. Here is a game made by o…
hmm interesting indeed

I really want to try this game out but not into grinding, a few of the notes given in the review make sense to possibly be addressed (maybe as add ons?) but all in all you can see the writer is really enjoying the game

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of this getting VR support on PC in the future Dancrane212 ? "Just" like a VR view while using the controls that are already there. Feel like it'd be pretty amazing for this.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Getting massive tearing at 1080p/120hz.

New update to help address that:
www.wiredproductions.com

Falconeer Xbox Patch 1.0.5.0

Xbox Falconeers - a new patch is now available for download for The Falconeer!The update contains localisation improvements, bug fixes and some gameplay improvements, patch notes available below : LANGUAGE UPDATES Korean had the wrong spacing rules applied. Spaces are now correct in Korean...

120HZ V-sync improved on Xbox Series S/X

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Now live in Game Pass!

Buy The Falconeer | Xbox

The Falconeer is an open-world air combat game, featuring frenetic aerial dogfights and deep exploration of the mysterious open-world of The Great Ursee.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this game got ZERO love at launch. Hopefully Game Pass can bring in some more interest.

$1.99 USD Dragon DLC Released
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to try it out tonight, kinda shocked that the OT is a single page. I almost purchased the game multiple times and assumed it was popular for Xbox owners

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
how do you land on a controller? i must be missing something because i cant figure it out for the life of me lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I see a link for the Hunter DLC, though the listing seems to specify that it's compatible with PC, but doesn't mention Xbox. I assume this is just a fluke, but does anyone know for sure?

EN-US (PC) Web-Store Link

how do you land on a controller? i must be missing something because i cant figure it out for the life of me lol

Follow loosely along the air-path arrows for an open port, and a "Press A to land" prompt will come up, and you hold it down to land.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I see a link for the Hunter DLC, though the listing seems to specify that it's compatible with PC, but doesn't mention Xbox. I assume this is just a fluke, but does anyone know for sure?

Follow loosely along the air-path arrows for an open port, and a "Press A to land" prompt will come up, and you hold it down to land.

Ah right I got confused during the prologue so thought landing was the objective. Game seems cool but kinda makes me wish that Ace Combat was on the PC gamepass.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Just a listing quirk for DLC that happens with Play Anywhere games.

www.microsoft.com

Buy Gears 5: Hivebusters - Microsoft Store en-CA

Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Return to Gears 5 with the Hivebusters expansion and undertake their first suicide mission. Explore the tropical Galangi islands, battle enemies with the team’s ultimate abilities and confront a deadly new predator.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Just a listing quirk for DLC that happens with Play Anywhere games.

www.microsoft.com

Buy Gears 5: Hivebusters - Microsoft Store en-CA

Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Return to Gears 5 with the Hivebusters expansion and undertake their first suicide mission. Explore the tropical Galangi islands, battle enemies with the team’s ultimate abilities and confront a deadly new predator.

Awesome, thanks. And I can triple-confirm this now after buying, because it showed the auto-install going through on both my Xbox systems.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Snuck in a few minutes playtime at lunch, looks great but hopefully I get used to the controls. I could not hit the broadside of a barn