• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Glad you guys like the new trailer. It's also featuring both the ingame voice acting as well as the ingame music by Benedict Nichols. ;0

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Hi everyone . Eurogamer did a hands on preview as well, the previewer had a preview build at home. And the resulting article is really quite lovely.

www.eurogamer.net

The Falconeer is absolutely majestic

We're taking Rezzed online over the next few days, presenting sessions and bringing you highlights of what's new and in…

Enjoy!

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Hi everyone its time for another animated gif based update

There's certainly some more new locations on the Ursee
EVPTzbPUMAATs3h
EWZqBlQWsAEkZYZ

A new discovery mechanic is also in, and should make exploration a lot more satisfying:

This one is still in development but having jetstreams high up in the air is already a great addition to the game:

And there's always room for a giant Crab . hit its weak spots for massive damage eh.

And a new vehicle the imperial fast gunship, taking rigid airships to new speeds and mobility;
EV4tgIAXsAAaBs5

And finally still working on releasing the kraken.

As always hope you enjoy these updates. for more info there's a discord and a steam page.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135260/The_Falconeer/
http://discord.gg/CR66RZk

If you want to support the game, it's being made by just me and any sharing, following etc (you know how it works) is truly appreciated.
Stay safe and stay inside. And hope to show you more soon..

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

EVPTzbPUMAATs3h
EWZqBlQWsAEkZYZ

A new discovery mechanic is also in, and should make exploration a lot more satisfying:

This one is still in development but having jetstreams high up in the air is already a great addition to the game:

And there's always room for a giant Crab . hit its weak spots for massive damage eh.

And a new vehicle the imperial fast gunship, taking rigid airships to new speeds and mobility;
EV4tgIAXsAAaBs5

As always hope you enjoy these updates. for more info there's a discord and a steam page.

If you want to support the game, it's being made by just me and any sharing, following etc (you know how it works) is truly appreciated.

Looks great! The kraken is especially fantastic.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
HI everyone , the developer here. stumbled upon the threats here on ResetEra
Here's a (albeit slightly out of date)uncut gameplay video,

This video was mostly about the audio and music, for which Benedict Nichols has signed on for. So it's mostly a straight run and showing off some of the music.

I see a lot of panzer dragoon and lair vibes. But I think gameplay wise, Crimson skies might be a better comparison. But in an open world setting a la freelancer.

After all the xbox announce hubbub dies down I'll probably have time to do some commentaries on the various gameplay mechanics.
For those going to X019 see you in london!.

Tomas Sala

Good luck with your game.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EVPTzbPUMAATs3h
EWZqBlQWsAEkZYZ

EV4tgIAXsAAaBs5

It keeps looking better and better.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Sublime work Tomas, Can't wait to try it when it comes to Xbox. Are you planning any Series X enhancements?

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Sublime work Tomas, Can't wait to try it when it comes to Xbox. Are you planning any Series X enhancements?

Certainly.. but my first goal is to get it solid 60 on all xbox devices.

But on top of that the XBox one X is a different beast, and I can find plenty of use for its capabilities. and increased resolution of at least above 1440 if not 4K is a target.. Don't pin me down on it though.,. that'll take a fair bit of work..

But I'll have a fiddle for sure ;)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will there be a showcase of this game sometime during Xbox's presentations in May or June? Even if it's just a clip in a montage of indie games for ID@Xbox.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
falconeerdev maybe it was already answered but will your game be on GOG by any chance? Would love to get it there since it's my go to place for PC games. Looks amazing and will buy either way. :)

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Catching up on the last few months of updates has been a joy. I can't wait for this.

Last edited:

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very interesting; will be following this closely. What are the RPG elements like? How customizable is your character, and how much impact does this customization have on flight, combat, and so on?

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Seems very interesting; will be following this closely. What are the RPG elements like? How customizable is your character, and how much impact does this customization have on flight, combat, and so on?

There are a number of classes, Each class comes with its own bird that has a number of stats. I'm not claiming its a deep stats system, but they will influence your perfomance.

currently you can upgrade stats through mutagens you can purchase, but I'm also contemplating other ways such as trainers, or even an XP system.
There's also a bunch of different weapon types and qualities to customize your bird as well as 6 slots for different types of ammo.

A little preview of the current character creation screen. (portraits and names are generated procedurally based upon seed).
UVw6iSo.jpg

I'm always balancing such mechanics (like a proper XP system) with something that is also generating ingame content, such as unlocking trainers for upgrades. So a lot of choices are streamlined because they lead to more in-world discovery or travel even.

I have a loooong list of nice 2 haves, and I'll add some of the crazier rpg-ish ideas probably post launch (I love the Idea of a player owned "base" you get to upgrade as well, stuff like that, and more focus on gearing is also on there).

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a number of classes, Each class comes with its own bird that has a number of stats. I'm not claiming its a deep stats system, but they will influence your perfomance.

currently you can upgrade stats through mutagens you can purchase, but I'm also contemplating other ways such as trainers, or even an XP system.
There's also a bunch of different weapon types and qualities to customize your bird as well as 6 slots for different types of ammo.

A little preview of the current character creation screen. (portraits and names are generated procedurally based upon seed).
UVw6iSo.jpg

I'm always balancing such mechanics (like a proper XP system) with something that is also generating ingame content, such as unlocking trainers for upgrades. So a lot of choices are streamlined because they lead to more in-world discovery or travel even.

I have a loooong list of nice 2 haves, and I'll add some of the crazier rpg-ish ideas probably post launch (I love the Idea of a player owned "base" you get to upgrade as well, stuff like that, and more focus on gearing is also on there).
Sounds very cool, thanks!

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

EVPTzbPUMAATs3h
EWZqBlQWsAEkZYZ

EV4tgIAXsAAaBs5

This is beautiful!

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
ooh god I remember Lair and the dissapointment...... pfff yeh no.. not going there ..working very hard not to do that.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
I've been following this game for so long on twitter. Didn't realize there was a thread. It looks freaking amazing, doesn't it?!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Jet-stream stuff makes me wish there were some hoops to fly through for bonus points haha.

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
The Jet-stream stuff makes me wish there were some hoops to fly through for bonus points haha.

Hoops you said.....eh... with flames on em ;)
EXAtq7wXQAAznyn

Seriously its just a time trial type racecourse and it needs a lot more love. but yeah. gonna have a few of these around the world.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hoops you said.....eh... with flames on em ;)
EXAtq7wXQAAznyn

Seriously its just a time trial type racecourse and it needs a lot more love. but yeah. gonna have a few of these around the world.
Fantastic. There was something magical about Panser Dragoon and also Knights when you buzzed around perfect circuits and get a score haha. Keep up the amazing work.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Wow. Very curious to know how controls are being implemented to allow such maneuvers. Controls in a game like this one are everything, so I'm really hoping they're going to be functional and satisfying.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know about this game but after seeing all this and reading "freelancer", I'm sold already.

Can't wait