• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Update from developer

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

It's extremely busy at the moment, but did want to do a small update through a bunch of gifs

First off more discovery cinematics (might rename this), but now during combat when a major capital ship arrives, you get a little intro:

sImDfVR.gif

In between mission production and QOL improvements, I had a little sanity fiddle with the Title Sequence, shan't spoil it, but the ending now transitions smoothly into the main menu.. kinda happy with it, I love making things slick and smooth, give it that AAA like level of attention. (I don't sleep much..;)

MXNJeMJ.gif

Here are a number of shots done via the photomode of mission situations I've been working on

A little shot of one of the setpieces at a sunken temple that's been revealed. These were all shownbefore, but the new shadows on water (it's a tech art holy grail, even the Xbox floating cube on water anim doesn't have that.. muhahaha) does add a lot, as does the new DOF option for camera mode.
iPlKLD4.gif

One of the things that I really enjoy in the hand made campaigns is getting the perfect locations for ships to park in a battle. As a lot of it is generated, it's nice to have that option in the stories. Like here where one of the bosses , a Dreadnot is taking on a Mancer Questor on the edge of the Maw

YM1DIQB.gif

And finally a quick shot of some pirates, that shows of shadows and reflections on the water. One of the reasons is that depth blend effects such as the little water edge foam where ships intersect the water and the little hint of the ship's hull underwater, require a depth buffer and the ocean to then be slightly transparent (otherwise the depth cant render into it).. That usually negates shadows , as those require something solid for the shadows to "fall"on,, but due to a quirck of the (poetically) built-in or older Render Pipeline I'm using, It is actually possible with some fiddling (had help on this one) to actually combine something where the fancy new pipeline gets stuck. hurrah
L7gYfgP.gif

Also the Discord got verified,, and new stuff there will kick off in the coming weeks as well

discord.com

Join the The Falconeer Chronicles Discord Server!

Discover the world of The Falconeer - an indie aerial combat game featuring big birds, big guns, and a bigger story | 2009 members

Don't forget to wish list on steam, help the game get traction and ultimately be a success! (I have 3 kids......counting on this)
store.steampowered.com

The Falconeer on Steam

Soar through the skies aboard a majestic warbird, explore a stunning oceanic world and engage in epic aerial dogfights, in this BAFTA-nominated air combat game from solo developer, Tomas Sala.

Cheers
Tomas

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely gorgeous and looks like it plays nicely as well. Leans into the panzer dragoon aesthetic but that is wonderful company to keep.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Game looks great, added to wishlist. Hope it has support for 5120x1440 as this would look glorious on my new monitor :)

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
5120x1440!!!
that's insane,, Ik got 3840x1600 38inch, and I felt like the monitor topdog.. 5120x1440... I have pixel envy!!!

lemme render see what the game does... just a sec..

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
HDR rendering is in the game, HDR10 and specific HDR monitor support is I believe supported by Unity3d out of the box. Although HDR and all its forms is a bit of a obscure art, as they slap HDR on anything nowadays.. Xbox also supports HDR rendering, and if it supports hdr10 , it should stand to reason that's what you'll get..

it's just moar numbers really..

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
What a beauty. Why can't we already be playing it? :(

Tom are you already fiddling with the XSX devkit?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

It's extremely busy at the moment, but did want to do a small update through a bunch of gifs

First off more discovery cinematics (might rename this), but now during combat when a major capital ship arrives, you get a little intro:

sImDfVR.gif

In between mission production and QOL improvements, I had a little sanity fiddle with the Title Sequence, shan't spoil it, but the ending now transitions smoothly into the main menu.. kinda happy with it, I love making things slick and smooth, give it that AAA like level of attention. (I don't sleep much..;)

MXNJeMJ.gif

Here are a number of shots done via the photomode of mission situations I've been working on

A little shot of one of the setpieces at a sunken temple that's been revealed. These were all shownbefore, but the new shadows on water (it's a tech art holy grail, even the Xbox floating cube on water anim doesn't have that.. muhahaha) does add a lot, as does the new DOF option for camera mode.
iPlKLD4.gif

One of the things that I really enjoy in the hand made campaigns is getting the perfect locations for ships to park in a battle. As a lot of it is generated, it's nice to have that option in the stories. Like here where one of the bosses , a Dreadnot is taking on a Mancer Questor on the edge of the Maw

YM1DIQB.gif

And finally a quick shot of some pirates, that shows of shadows and reflections on the water. One of the reasons is that depth blend effects such as the little water edge foam where ships intersect the water and the little hint of the ship's hull underwater, require a depth buffer and the ocean to then be slightly transparent (otherwise the depth cant render into it).. That usually negates shadows , as those require something solid for the shadows to "fall"on,, but due to a quirck of the (poetically) built-in or older Render Pipeline I'm using, It is actually possible with some fiddling (had help on this one) to actually combine something where the fancy new pipeline gets stuck. hurrah
L7gYfgP.gif

Also the Discord got verified,, and new stuff there will kick off in the coming weeks as well

discord.com

Join the The Falconeer Chronicles Discord Server!

Discover the world of The Falconeer - an indie aerial combat game featuring big birds, big guns, and a bigger story | 2009 members

Don't forget to wish list on steam, help the game get traction and ultimately be a success! (I have 3 kids......counting on this)
store.steampowered.com

The Falconeer on Steam

Soar through the skies aboard a majestic warbird, explore a stunning oceanic world and engage in epic aerial dogfights, in this BAFTA-nominated air combat game from solo developer, Tomas Sala.

Cheers
Tomas
The game continues to look great.

falconeerdev

Falconeer Developer
Verified
Nov 12, 2019
The Falconeer will be a Series X Day one physical release!!!

announced in this biggest trailer so for: