• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe it's coming out next month - wait has been LONG.

Ultimately hasn't been much to chew on with the various trailers beyond action sequences. There's been very little John Walker in general. But I don't mind them playing things close to the chest.

Do we know who the masked people are supposed to be? ULTIMATUM/Flag-Smashers maybe?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
tumblr_o6jsbc8elH1t0g23mo3_400.gif

Jun 17, 2019
Was that agent 13 kicking their ass or??

Yes that was Emily Vancamp's Sharron Carter. Shes got a T-shrit at Hot topic that lists her as Wanted. Meaning I expect her to be helping along with the other two.

So this leaves us with a few questions.

1. How did Zemo get out of his jail.
2. Who are they Working for right now? Shield?
3. Why is Sharron Wanted?
4. Masked people, is that Madame Mask then?
5. Given the casting of Eli Bradly, I wonder how he's going to come into play?
6. How is US agent going to play into this?

(Less wondering but wondering none the less, are we going to see some weird shipping wars again with Sharron being treated like dirt? Because that would suck very much.)

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
That's a good thing about the MCU shows; they don't all have to conform to the standards of the movies, so we can get weird character stuff like Wandavision and Loki, while still getting a solid espionage action romp.

It's like the comics, but on a bigass TV!

Absolutely: I'm glad to see variety, and I hope all of the Disney properties with this approach can do the same (like Star Wars)!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So they were basically at couple's counseling at the start? Not that I mind, of course. I'm just curious.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mackie and Stan have good chemistry together so I'm looking forward to seeing them headline this project. But I wonder how a more traditional super hero story will play right after WandaVision.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
nice buddy cop vibe. The two of them always had good chemistry in the films. Hope they can make this as good as WandaVision so far.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This'll be a good test of how well their weekly drops pan out for them in the long run. Wandavision works because we're practically dissecting each episode and the mystery is keeping us engaged every week. Falcon & Winter Soldier seems much more of a straightforward spy thriller / action genre type show.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. MCU went from "this looks like a tv show".. to "this looks like a movie"

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I love this trend of tv shows that look movie good.

We've come a long way since Arrowverse.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I don't know...some of the humor seems to be a little goofy.
Maybe it's the way the trailer is cut and with that awful music.
I was expecting this to more of a Winter Solider 2.0 kinda show.
I prefer the first trailer from Investor's Day presentation

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Looks fantastic, as expected. I'm loving the idea that we're going to get WandaVision followed up with a distinctly different style -- one that is closer to a more standard action film but in a weekly format that allows for more character moments. And then this will be followed up by Loki, which looks to be something of a mix between WandaVision's weirdness and TFatWS's action blockbuster style.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Feige's pacing on these shows is incredible. Falcon and Winter Soldier is like the perfect palate cleanser between WandaVision and Loki.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It worked out for the best though, IMO.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That looked awesome, and love the chemistry between Mackie and Stan, Can't wait!

Nov 11, 2017
After Wandavision this looks so... boring? I'm sure it will be solid but was at least expecting more chemistry between them if they want a buddy cop vibe.

Oct 25, 2017
"Looks like a movie" should be the OT tag because I bet if you showed this to most people they'd think it's a movie

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder

GettyImages_1163272717_copy.0.jpg

Covid really fucked up a lot. We would be getting Shang-Chi next week

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Not going to lie: as someone who isn't really into the MCU and especially these characters, going from WandaVision to this is a massive downgrade.

I get that its not really a fair comparison, but WV is such a unique, character-building piece, while this just looks like any other MCU action setpiece. I'm far more into the idea of using Disney+ to let the MCU get weird.

With that said, though, it looks really well made and I'm sure people who love these characters and types of stories with adore it. And besides, I have Loki to look forward to, which looks much more "up my alley."

I get the impression Loki may be more up your alley, based on the little we've seen of it