• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
To think there was a time when people argued the Snap would be reverted back with no consequences, now look at us

The MCU is gonna be addressing it for years to come

😂
It's all you can eat stakes.

I imagine most of these series will sort of focus on it. Just imagine She Hulk and the legal ramifications of the Blip. Can see the movies kinda just moving on since they only have 2 hours to tell a story while these series can dwell on what these kids and adults went through either living during the snap or coming back from it.
I could see Riri being a huge Iron Man fan, gets snapped and comes back hearing he sacrificed himself to bring everyone back.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The first ep was OK. It was a good blend of solid action, social commentary, and personal conflict - all wrapped up in spy games. I like how some of Sam's segments have the same feel and tone of the private scenes between Sam and Steve in the movies.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Honestly it's the chinstrap.

I get the idea of it but it pushes the chin up and makes the face scrunch. It did similar to Evans in First Avenger.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's all you can eat stakes.

I imagine most of these series will sort of focus on it. Just imagine She Hulk and the legal ramifications of the Blip. Can see the movies kinda just moving on since they only have 2 hours to tell a story while these series can dwell on what these kids and adults went through either living during the snap or coming back from it.
I could see Riri being a huge Iron Man fan, gets snapped and comes back hearing he sacrificed himself to bring everyone back.

This is actually making me wanna take a soft retcon approach to the Netflix MCU where instead of taking place after Avengers it now takes place during the Blip. It just sounds like it makes more sense with how run-down the Netflix shows made shit look.

I'm honestly surprised so many people are missing the rather blatant racial undertone of that scene.
His sister has a line that spells it out pretty plainly, not sure how people seem to have glazed over it.

"Funny how things always seem to tighten around us"

For real.

Other bits too, rewatching it. The whole scene starts with the bank teller not recognizing Falcon at all until it's spelled out and wondering if he "used to play for LSU." Fuckin' see you.

First ep was pretty solid

man, tv nowadays is crazy 🤯

We've officially graduated from "TV shows trying to look like movies" to "TV shows are literally movies cut up into episodes" and I absolutely love it.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
watched it last nite, pretty action packed for the 1st episode
surprised to see GSP lol, will he return? is he the main antagonist this season?

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
We all know they made that dude look goofy on purpose, right? They went to the costume department and told the people there "I want this guy to look like a fool while wearing the Captain America uniform".

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The PTSD and guilt with Bucky was the definite highlight. Sam's family and financial drama is great. The flag smasher stuff really isn't ripe yet. Most hyped for the U.S. Agent stuff.

Not as strong of a debut as WandaVision but I'm still digging the character drama these shows are going for.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
In next week's episode, Bucky goes to the same bank with the same financials and no income over the last five years but gets the loan for some strange reason.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that the new Cap is a marketing tool like Steve Rogers started as. Except now we empathize with the soldier on the ground more this go around.

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it a lot. A strong start for both characters. The opening action scene doesn't work if you think about it at all but its nitpick.

Also Sebastian Stan is hot.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought this was vastly better than early Wandavision stuff. They're addressing the larger themes of the show right out the gate. Feels right in line with the Russo Brothers in terms of tone and material.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So when Sam and Torres are reviewing the video and Sam asks "did anything else happen?" and Torres asks "wait you don't think he's--"

They're talking about mutants, right? They're tracking mutants and that's why Sam wanted to know if "anything else" happened like laser eyes or controlling the weather or whatever.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Decent episode. Good character work. I felt a lot more empathy for both than I have during the films. Fun opening scene, nice to see GSP again.

A little slower than I expected, and it didn't instantly hook me the way Wandavision did, but it also looks more interesting and deeper thematically than I thought it might be.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So when Sam and Torres are reviewing the video and Sam asks "did anything else happen?" and Torres asks "wait you don't think he's--"

They're talking about mutants, right? They're tracking mutants and that's why Sam wanted to know if "anything else" happened like laser eyes or controlling the weather or whatever.
Here we go again.

In the credits there's text on the screen that says POWERBROKER IS WATCHING.

That's most likely what they're talking about.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

We should probably not go down the whole mutant speculation path again after WandaVision lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Why mutants? I'm sure he just meant any type of superpower person at all.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

We've had 22 movies so far with enhanced people. He was asking if they had powers.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
I watched earlier when I woke up. I really enjoyed it, and I love the slower pacing and especially the racial undertones

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's pretty clear he was talking about Mephisto.

"wait you don't think he's Mephisto"

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Really enjoyed that first episode. More than I thought I would. It's refreshing to have a slower, more caring look at these characters. Some of the writing was a bit clunky/flat (usually exposition stuff that they try to pass off as part of the rapport--"as you know, [the situation] and [my feelings about it]"), but the actors sold it well enough.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
He's Sam's sidekick when he becomes Cap and also a reserve member of the Champions. He gets experimented on, and winds up having falcon and vampire genes spliced into him. MCU version will probably just get a wing suit, but yeah- another Young Avenger
He's a little older than

the new Hawkeye
and a lot older that Ms Marvel.

Also I'm still a bit upset that it'll be Young Avengers, I think a Champions movie would be better.