• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That's actually true. Life insurance asks if you've got any conditions they should know about, and "getting laser beams fired at you by a chemically enhanced warlord on the reg" sounds like a condition
I imagined the guy talking to Bruce in Avengers while reading your post. 😆

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
So this might sound crazy but I've to come to realize that one of the things I get most excited for with a new MCU project are the main-on-end credits.

I find them very fun and FatWS' are no different.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That was great. Really like the slow burn and getting to dig into these characters.

Opening sequence was pretty much a mission statement from Marvel Studios for what they're aiming at with these Disney+ shows. No wonder TFATWS was supposed to come out first.
Wanda should had gone to Bucky's therapist lol. Too late for that.
Not even an Avenger who helped save the universe can get loans. And then the government straight up lies and gives the shield to US Agent. Sam got done dirty HARD.

Super excited to see where this goes. That was a great first episode.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Great 1st episode
Also , I think this is the second time where they have shown superheroes having money problems.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Theres no way a bank doesnt give Sam Wilson, Avenger, a loan lol. I get that its supposed to show their hardships.

Yeah, I feel like that's a big exception, though I know what they were trying to show.

It might have been better done if he didn't recognize Sam as Falcon. Typically, a lot of the racism in those incidents comes from people judging people they don't know based on their skin color.

Celebrities experience it too in moments when they're not recognized. Or even people in positions of power. But once they're recognized, the story flips.

Sam being recognized as Falcon is the main thing that takes from that scene. But I get what they were going for, so I personally take little issue with that. I *do* think the racial exploration is stronger with the shield so far.

Doesn't look the part or play the part, Avenger or no.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
First episode was good. But the whole opening scene did feel a bit uncanny valley. I don't know, I had the feeling in the trailers already but all the action stuff looks a bit too green screen/fake to me. You still see the difference between TV series and movies.

Which is funny, cause stuff like Punisher or Daredevil never gave me that feeling.
Wait. Are you saying Bucky's flashback fight scene was uncanny too or just Sam's? Sam is always going to feel like an animated Anthony Makie due to the physics of a wingsuit but I thought Bucky's scene was on par with his Winter Solider/Civil War stuff. Honestly MCU theatrical CG has always been pretty shoddy so the TV stuff has been solid (minus the end of WandaVision that got rushed due to Covid).

Oct 26, 2017
I find it hard to believe Sam's buddy got stomped in the face by an enhanced person and only got a broken orbital. Yeah, right.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That would be a Rey Palpatine level reveal if true. Just makes the universe seem super small if Cap unknowingly became best friends with the kid of a guy who was also in the super solider program. It was announced that Elijah Richardson would play a role connected to Bradlely so here's hoping he's not related to Sam.
Yea it would be dumb. I just assumed thats where they were going when Sam and his sister were talking about their dad. It just sounded like hes going to end up being someone.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wait. Are you saying Bucky's flashback fight scene was uncanny too or just Sam's? Sam is always going to feel like an animated Anthony Makie due to the physics of a wingsuit but I thought Bucky's scene was on par with his Winter Solider/Civil War stuff. Honestly MCU theatrical CG has always been pretty shoddy so the TV stuff has been solid (minus the end of WandaVision that got rushed due to Covid).

Sam's, I didn't even thought about Bucky's while writing this, so that means it was great I guess. 😅

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
But I gotta say...Wyatt Russell still looks goofy as fuck with that Cap helmet in motion.
I thought the set photos were bad, but he still seem to look goofy in the actual show.
Pretty sure that's the point. He's supposed to look like a cheap knock-off Captain America.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I'm thinking the lack of income for Bucky, Sam and Wanda, while adding hardship our heroes need to overcome in the story, may be a response or chosen contrast to The Boys. Disney will never admit it, but they have to know it exists and fame and wealth is a primary motivator of the "heroes" there. You can't tell me Nike or Wheaties would at least be signing Sam to endorsement deals after he snapped back and saved the world. And the Team Cap thing cant be an issue as they are having ceremonies at a musuem dedicated to the leader of that side of Civil War.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I love that Bucky is getting development. Honestly feels like this show is picking up where Winter Soldier left off. Like Bucky said, he's not got a break since that movie lol

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I love that Bucky is getting development. Honestly feels like this show is picking up where Winter Soldier left off. Like Bucky said, he's not got a break since that movie lol
He did get a break when he lived in Wakanda tho. Wonder why he didn't go back there.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 12 minutes in but I just wanted to comment really quick:

Torres: " They're called the Flag Smashers.
Yeah. Essentially, these people, they want a world that's unified without borders."

giphy.gif

As someone who identifies strongly with anarchist ideals (including the abolition of borders) I can tell these "bad guys" are going to annoy me.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Dude needs to get a Pepsi endorsement deal.

I do appreciate the show wanting to incorporate some of the more "real" aspects of heroes' lives, but this is a weird case where realistically Sam should have many more options than the writers want him to have in order for the scenario to work.

I think we now know the origins of the Xbox commercials

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

Yeah. Essentially, these people, they want a world that's unified without borders."

giphy.gif
Well no, obviously not. There's probably going to be some nuance there one would think...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Not even in the slightest

SO FAR

There may be some incredibly tangential links later on maybe but probably not. This was meant to come out before Wandavision during production.
Not connected at all but don't be surprised if someone posts WV spoilers in this thread without thinking.

Lol, crap, just thought of that...

I think I'm gonna just gonna binge during work.

Remote working ftw!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh yeah...
That Air Force guy who got his ass beat is actually supposed to be the person who eventually takes the mantle of Falcon from Sam after Sam becomes Cap.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

As someone who identifies strongly with anarchist ideals (including the abolition of borders) I can tell these "bad guys" are going to annoy me.
Well I don't identify as an artist I do support the abolition of borders.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah...
That Air Force guy who got his ass beat is actually supposed to be the person who eventually takes the mantle of Falcon from Sam after Sam becomes Cap.
I was wondering why they were giving a red shirt so much screen time lol. The actor is charming enough so far so I approve.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So I guess they are really going to not reveal what happened to Steve post-endgame until maybe the finale of this series?
Or probably even future movie of show if it is actually relevant to bring it up again...?
They really want to keep his fate flexible I guess.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a crap premise in the sense of why isn't the Falcon being paid for his likeness in toys and other merchandising. Come on, all those people paying $400-500 for Hot Toy statues, he should get his cut. Yeah his share won't make him a billionaire like Tony but it should be enough to renovate a boat.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I guess they are really going to not reveal what happened to Steve post-endgame until maybe the finale of this series?
Or probably even future movie of show if it is actually relevant to bring it up again...?
He's chillin' with Black Bolt on the moon.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Steve being in the moon can be a reference for him to be on that ship where Fury was at the end of far from home

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

giphy.gif

There's probably going to be a fake out of some sort.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Dude was like 100 years old at the end of Endgame. He probably just passed.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic first ep! Love that these D+ shows are giving so much character growth to all the forgotten secondary characters. I can't wait to see what they do for Ms. Marvel, Ironheart, the Wakanda series; etc. Although the action scene, in the beginning, was awesome, I loved the slower character moments much more. Really hoping they don't plan on shoehorning in an action sequence every episode.

So there was a rumor a while back that Marvel might be revealing a "major" LGBT character in this show and a lot of people thought it would be either Sam or Bucky (since neither has had an actual love interest yet). Bucky had his date with the one girl.. so... maybe Sam? He's had no hints of a love interest yet. Probably wishful thinking on my part since Marvel's idea of LGBT representation in these movies has been throwaway lines/scenes that most people miss anyway.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
You can't tell me Nike or Wheaties would at least be signing Sam to endorsement deals after he snapped back and saved the world.
They'd be showered in money; speaking tours, book deals, appearances. His phone would be blowing up. Even if he wanted to avoid the more crass endorsements like advertisements. There's a ton of "dignified" money like what former Presidents have access to- lecture tours etc.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see the Big Three show up: Mephisto, Magneto, and Mister Fantastic.

We already had an android and a wizard in Wandavision, which was
image.png

Wonder if any of the names on this list are relevant, other than the obvious one. Also is Zemo on the list because Bucky wants to kill his ass or because Bucky somehow fucked him over when he was the Winter Soldier.

I like how this contrasts with Steve's list of cultural things he wants to catch up on, reflects the weight Bucky carries compared to him.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean it was on screen but just in case
"H. Zemo" is on the list of people Bucky has to make amends with

ah yes, i noticed, but someone else say something about "loaded gun" from bucky or something, nad then that gif of a loaded gun being emptied, so maybe there is something im not catching up >_>

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping they don't plan on shoehorning in an action sequence every episode.
This is supposedly paced like a 6 hr movie so I don't think we'll get an opening Falcon sized scene every ep. Big stuff will happen towards back half of the season. We'll probably get some hand to hand/ gun type action every ep though to appease the people that get bored when people talk for more than 5 minutes.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They'd be showered in money; speaking tours, book deals, appearances. His phone would be blowing up. Even if he wanted to avoid the more crass endorsements like advertisements. There's a ton of "dignified" money like what former Presidents have access to- lecture tours etc.

I imagine every spare cent is being used to try and help/accommodate the most intense public health/food crisis the world has ever seen given that 3.5 people materialized out of thin air