• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I've definitely dreamed about people I don't recognize in real life. Though I suppose it could be someone I briefly walked past on the street and didn't consciously register, or something.
That's what I think happens, or anyway that's what I tell myself. Some random face I saw for a split second and stored away yet "forgot."

Housecat

Oct 25, 2017
I love my dreams and I remember a lot of them. I have Type 1 Diabetes and if my blood sugar is too high or low while sleeping I get even crazier dreams. Sometime I have stories/characters/settings in my dreams that continue over many different dreams.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Cause most people can't control them and most of the time the details are lost minutes after you wake up.

Otherwise people would just be doing inception shit day in and out.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you're seeing some hot Latin Dude's in life, lol!

Hmm, thanks for updating my knowledge then, very much appreciated, I'll edit my post, thanks!
If I was I'd know šŸ˜‚

As far as building and scenes go it's very RNG. My dreams create areas I've been but it gets so random at times or I recall names of spots but the setting is made up. I recall one where it was suppose to be my university but it was set up like it was something you just see in a movie mixed with living in rich area.

Also my interstate and highway be way too layered lol
Also one thing I can't control is when I dream of myself driving.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Dreams are just the conscious part of our brain making sense of random firings of neurons they exist in animals too

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I just dream about math or things I read that day. Although a positive side effect is that I memorize and understand whatever it is when I wake up, without having to do any work.

D_Reynholm

Mar 18, 2020
I have fallen in "love" at least twice in dreams, and been pretty heartbroken after waking up, to the point I tried to get back into the dream by going back to sleep.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Any potheads here? Stop smoking weed for a while and you'll have some crazy dreams that you will remember vividly.

Oct 28, 2017
If I was I'd know šŸ˜‚

As far as building and scenes go it's very RNG. My dreams create areas I've been but it gets so random at times or I recall names of spots but the setting is made up. I recall one where it was suppose to be my university but it was set up like it was something you just see in a movie mixed with living in rich area.

Also my interstate and highway be way too layered lol
Yeah stuff like that sounds familiar but I tend to dream more or remember them when I'm stressed and that's when I get to see the crazy shit. Oh yeah I also get sleep paralysis in dreams/while asleep shit sucks. Something like it anyway.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
My weirdest dream involved me protecting giant stag beetles from people hitting them with sticks. I would ask them "Why are you doing this?" and they would shrug "I dunno." And then carry on hitting the giant insects with sticks, who were pretty okay with the whole thing.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
I had a crazy vivid dream just last week. I was hanging with these two older dudes I didn't know, and we were driving around in a truck, and I was getting some mushrooms, but then they turned out to be undercover cops and they handcuffed me, and drove me to jail. I just kept thinking that my life was over. Shit was terrifying. I remember thinking to myself " I wish this was a dream". I've never been so happy to wake up in my life

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I've always wondered if there are other states of the mind besides asleep, a state where you can experience certain things that you wouldn't normally experience while "awake", something analogous to dreams while asleep.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
I never remember mine, except yesterday where I had a dream that was just reheating bbq hotdogs and chicken in a microwave. I didn't even get to eat it :(

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
it is really weird, that you need to sleep to recharge power but yourr brain is working on 200% the whole time.

and it really sucks when you can't remember them.
often I kinda remember them, but I can't put it into words.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like, more often than not, I wake up and just get annoyed at my brain for the dumb shit it comes up with.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I've never in my life felt they were indistinguishable from real life

I am almost always acutely aware its a dream, to the point that I have actively tried to control the outcome(doesn't really work, at best I just wake up).

The most amazing thing about dreams to me is you can feel a strong emotion and that emotion will remain with you after waking longer than the memory of what happened in the dream will.

I've literally fallen in love in a dream and just woke up with the squishiest lovey-dovey feeling for whatever random person my subconscious thought up.

I've tried to fly in dreams many times, but always fail. What I think prevents me is that being conscious that I am dreaming requires my brain to be just awake enough that it tries to fly based off memory or experience, which I obviously have none of. So its like I can't fly in my dream cause I literally don't know what it feels like to do so IRL.

Some of the coolest dreams for me are ones where I'm underwater. I always become hyper aware that I shouldn't be able to breathe but realize I'm taking steady comfortable breaths. Thats when I realize its a dream and its just the neatest experience, even tho dreams tend to end shortly after you become aware of them.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I love getting some exciting dreams.
Every once in a while I can control things in my dream. One time I remember forcing myself to get the ability to fly around while shooting lasers at zombies....

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone lucid dream? I'm trying but I have very realistic dreams at least

Don't be too surprised if your creativity while doing it is super banal. I almost always end up just "testing" it by making something move and am not able to e.g. fly (best I can do is glide). There's some stuff you can do to help, and I'm sure you're already doing it, so I'll list em here for other folks curious:

1. Keep a dream journal and record to it immediately upon waking, even if its the middle of the night.
2. While youre awake but trying to sleep, continually remind yourself that you're awake.
3. It can help to hold something, or wear something unusual that you can feel, so that when you notice it's missing you'll realize you're dreaming.

And personally,

4. Whenever it's happening, I have to constantly "test" it like what I said above or I go back to being an observer rather than participant.

They happen more the more you do em.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
For those of us capable of lucid dreaming, dreams are a pleasure and something to savour.
When I was 18-23 I was lucid dreaming very frequently, I had recurring lucid dreams. Nowadays it is really rare, and if I do "wake up" in my dream I mostly don't care anymore or don't try to really steer it in any way. I don't know why. I still have many vivid dreams.

edit: I see people taking about flying in their lucid dream that was common for me. Also I would dream and "astral project" where I could see myself in my bed, leave the house and go fly type dreams as well, but that was more rare.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Just let me fly once, dreams.

I can fly (and defy gravity Matrix-style) in pretty much every one in my dreams. I didn't realize this wasn't common.

In a funny meta way, I dreamed a week ago that everyone got the ability to fly "in real life" and I had full control over it from the get go because I had so much experience from flying in dreams. :D

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I had a dream where I was an investment banker, and there was this new cryptocurrency called "Trumpcoin", which is exactly what it sounds like, and Trump supports were buying it up like crazy, and I was trying to cash in on the craze.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've had a week long streak of really vivid dreams that I can recall after waking. Must be the cheese.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Don't be too surprised if your creativity while doing it is super banal. I almost always end up just "testing" it by making something move and am not able to e.g. fly (best I can do is glide). There's some stuff you can do to help, and I'm sure you're already doing it, so I'll list em here for other folks curious:

1. Keep a dream journal and record to it immediately upon waking, even if its the middle of the night.
2. While youre awake but trying to sleep, continually remind yourself that you're awake.
3. It can help to hold something, or wear something unusual that you can feel, so that when you notice it's missing you'll realize you're dreaming.

And personally,

4. Whenever it's happening, I have to constantly "test" it like what I said above or I go back to being an observer rather than participant.

They happen more the more you do em.
I do hourly reality checks and do keep a DJ

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I have three kinds of dreams.

I have dreams related to school that involve missing classes, school work, tests, entire quarters, and unknown class locations.

I have fantasy dreams that run the entire gamut of fiction and video game genres.

I have mundane dreams about real life without any fantastical elements.

During all my dreams I have various levels of lucid dreaming. I can influence the dream world to an extent that makes sense in the world without me knowing it's truly a dream. I can also 100% know it's a dream, but my ability to change things is greatly diminished as I struggle to stay asleep and maintain the world. The lowest level for me is me questioning the dream world as something that can't be happening.

I like dreams.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I love my dreams, they always tend to be some sort of kooky thing.

2 nights ago I had something I wouldn't call a nightmare, but definitely filled me with dread. I was living a different life as an anthropologist and went on a trip to Japan to study some older cultures out in the middle of the nowhere. I arrived at a village, got to know the villagers, noticed one of the kids being mistreated and it snowballed into a wickerman/midsommar situation from there. Woke up with 'Don't pry' burned into my brain for a few hours.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Had a dream that felt like an entire month. In it I was going to bed and waking up, I was going about my day and all that. Things were surreal in it and it was in third person, but I wasn't lucid enough to realize I was dreaming.

When I woke up I just sat frozen for ten minutes, trying to process it all. Dreams are very weird.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a few, and there was a period of time where I was actively working toward inducing them. I never made much progress and the neatest thing that ever happened in one of them was something the dream was already doing before I became lucid (letting me spend time with dead pets; the realization that they were dead triggered the lucidity and I decided that going with it was the best possible use of the dream). I gave up eventually.

This thread, though, is making me want to try again.

Nov 8, 2017
I'd love to be able to lucid dream. I've only had like two lucid dreams in my life, and both of them were within the last 18 months or so. I didn't even do anything interesting with them, either! šŸ˜«
It's a learnable skill. Took me less than a week to induce my first good lucid dream, which lasted a good few minutes and involved some flying, and I had over 100 in the two or three years that followed, the vast majority of which I documented in a dream journal.

Prior to that, I'd also had only two in my life.