• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
The schedule.

exp_by_edmonddantes9285_de6xw70-pre.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I suck at math and/or dates, it's going to be 1 episod per week after the first 3.

Good, I prefer it that way. The Expanse is a show that gets better with discussion.
Indeed. I prefer it this way too. Allows for more in-depth discussion over a longer period of time. Hopefully Amazon do the same with the Lord of the Rings TV show.

Retrosmith

Mar 2, 2020
IMDb seems to have names for the episodes

1. Exodus
2. Churn
3. Mother
4. Guagamela
5. Down and Out
6. Tribes
7. Oyedeng
8. Hard Vacuum
9. Winnipesaukee
10. Nemesis Games

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of weekly drops. Will wait until its over. Not liking this trend of weekly drops now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
As long as we get the following exchange from the books, I'll be happy.

The button was gone, the letters replaced by something pale brown with a line across it, a single jigsaw puzzle piece floating in a sea of noise-light.

"What did you do?" Fred asked.

"There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."

"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?"

"But look. It...I think I may have accepted an incoming signal."

"From what?"

James fucking Holden in a nutshell.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
From what I understand of the books plot, this season is gonna be some real crazy shit. Looking forward to it.

Jan 29, 2018
I started rereading Nemesis Games a few days ago and I had forgotten a lot of it. I should probably start a season 4 rewatch too...

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I'm anticipating is the first fleeting appearance of
the God-King, space Nazi Winston Duarte
. If the show's renewed that'll be a key going forward.

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm being won over by the weekly drop. It pained me for The Boys, but I enjoyed the weekly discussion, compared to me blasting through a series in a weekend.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Where are you getting that it's the final season?!

EXCLUSIVE: Amazon Studios has set an end date for The Expanse. The popular sci-fi drama has received an early renewal for Season 6, which will be its last. Not returning for the final season is original cast member Cas Anvar, who faced a slew of sexual misconduct allegations during the summer. The rest of the cast, led by Steven Strait, and longtime Expanse showrunner Naren Shankar will be back.
deadline.com

‘The Expanse’ Renewed For Sixth & Final Season By Amazon Ahead Of Season 5 Premiere

Amazon Studios has set an end date for The Expanse.

I hope the final season shit isn't true though lol.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
So, book readers, will that bring us up to the time jump ?

Hopefully the door is open for the future.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the final season, leads into some sort of spinoff, because there's still a lot left to explore from the books; they might be able to get away with it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Well, they can always...

...do the time jump in realtime and produce few more seasons in 10-20 years. :D

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they can always...

...do the time jump in realtime and produce few more seasons in 10-20 years. :D
That would be cool.

If this is the end for The Expanse, then I'm hoping Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham's new science fiction book trilogy set in a different universe turns out good and eventually gets picked up for a live action adaptation down the line.

Oct 27, 2017
It all depends on where season 5 ends, I think they can successfully set up things in 5 that will make ending in 6 feel cohesive, looking forward to the final book release.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
It all depends on where season 5 ends, I think they can successfully set up things in 5 that will make ending in 6 feel cohesive, looking forward to the final book release.
Season 5 will most likely cover Nemesis Games and the novella, The Churn, so it seems logical that season 6 will cover the next book and add some new material that wraps up the story conclusively.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
What if they don't show...

...Martian fleet breaking off and going to Laconia? What if season just focuses on Marco?