• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why Youtube loads a Kim's Convenience video for me here, lol.
I see a video for a fight scene from Righting Wrongs
9tZJuKX.jpg

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
So my fiancée and I are in the latter 3rd of Season 2, which makes us way behind folks in this thread. But in addition to really loving the show so far, I wanted to commend it for completely turning me around on a character; namely Amos.

When he was first introduced, I wrote him off as a sociopath and loathed the character, but I was willing to "suffer through" having him on the show in order to enjoy the rest. But then I started noticing things, such as how Amos completely dissociates whenever involved in violence. Moreso, the show started giving us glimpses of his background, his trauma, and his philosophy, making each incredibly compelling. The show goes on to definitively stake out the position that he is not a sociopath, by actually giving him the opportunity to essentially become one with a simple surgical procedure, and abandon his moral code. My fiancée and I are now caught in that episode stretch where we are not fully certain what choice he made, desperately hoping he clings on to the broken but still trying person inside instead of becoming a monster. I'm excited and a little scared to see what happens next to a character I used to outright detest. Nice work, The Expanse.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
You're welcome. I hope you enjoy the books.

I'd recommend reading the books yes. They're different enough from the TV show to provide some fresh perspectives on the characters and the world of The Expanse.

For now, reading books 1-5 would be ideal, as reading book 6 will spoil season 6 for you. Books 7-9 would be best read after season 6 ends.
There's a book 9? I thought it ended at 8. Reading book 7 now.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Season 6 is confirmed as book 6, plus potential new material.

If the show were to continue, there's 3 books to complete the story, so potentially 3 seasons worth covering books 7-9.

I thought the show is 100% ending at season 6? Or do you mean continue with movies and such? The Expanse TV rights are owned by Alcon which seems to be on pretty shaky financial ground, they lost a TON of movie on Blade Runner 2049 and don't seem to have much in the tank. Amazon is the one basically ending the show at season 6 and I can't see them that interested in making any more movies, the show isn't burning up amazon ratings or anything.

Alcor would have to find a buyer really who is interested in more content and that seems like it'll be extremely difficulty if Amazon continues to own seasons 1-6 on their own network. Netflix would want it all. While Star Trek being pretty hot is definitely creating a lot of interest in scifi, I have to imagine rebooting Stargate, Babylon 5, etc would be a better "big budget" move than trying to continue a show thats 6 years old at this point and owned by multiple parties.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
There's a book 9? I thought it ended at 8. Reading book 7 now.
Book 9 is called Leviathan Falls and is due in October. It will wrap up the arc started in Persepolis Rising and mark the end of the main story. A novella is due after that and will be the final story set in The Expanse universe before Ty and Daniel move onto their new science fiction book trilogy.

kmLb5wAXCeHkRdmTeRZ6fn.jpg

Leviathan Falls: Book 9 of the Expanse (now a Prime Original series): Amazon.co.uk: Corey, James S. A.: 9780356510392: Books

Buy Leviathan Falls: Book 9 of the Expanse (now a Prime Original series) by Corey, James S. A. from Amazon's Fiction Books Store. Everyday low prices on a huge range of new releases and classic fiction.

I thought the show is 100% ending at season 6? Or do you mean continue with movies and such? The Expanse TV rights are owned by Alcon which seems to be on pretty shaky financial ground, they lost a TON of movie on Blade Runner 2049 and don't seem to have much in the tank. Amazon is the one basically ending the show at season 6 and I can't see them that interested in making any more movies, the show isn't burning up amazon ratings or anything.

Alcor would have to find a buyer really who is interested in more content and that seems like it'll be extremely difficulty if Amazon continues to own seasons 1-6 on their own network. Netflix would want it all. While Star Trek being pretty hot is definitely creating a lot of interest in scifi, I have to imagine rebooting Stargate, Babylon 5, etc would be a better "big budget" move than trying to continue a show thats 6 years old at this point and owned by multiple parties.
That's what I meant yes, and as far as we know, season 6 will be the last time we see The Expanse in TV form, but the showrunner, Naren Shankar had the following to say in an interview last year.

"They control the property, but what I will say is that there's definitely more to tell and I'm sure Ty and Daniel would say exactly the same thing. But yeah, that's probably about as much as I can say at this point."

ew.com

'The Expanse' showrunner says door is open for more after season 6

"There's definitely more to tell," says 'Expanse' showrunner Naren Shankar about possible life after Amazon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see The Expanse given the live action treatment once again, sometime in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Holden : *squints at something looking confuse*

I loved Holden's face when Clarissa walked in, though her 'Hi' was probably the best part of that scene.

"There was a button, I pushed it."

Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?

Probably the best one though.
Though I have a soft spot for Drummer's "How much shit do I have to eat?" line as well. Cara Gee is just so good in that role.

Rochet

May 13, 2018
I just read that actor Anvar will not be in the last 2 seasons for sexual harrasment. That sucks...

Oct 26, 2017
Each time a series ends I start another rewatch back from the first series, currently rewatching series 4, I'm gonna really enjoy them going over past episodes.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Well, unfortunately for the Expanse, I just started the Wheel of time so I doubt I'll be ready for another long book series anytime soon. :(

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like an amazing journey. Would love to read through those again fresh.
Indeed! just tough because I can't look at Wikis to remind myself of stuff as I already did once and got something spoiled, but beyond that, it's really interesting reading something so influential this many years later.

So maybe by like 2025 I can read the expanse!

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Indeed! just tough because I can't look at Wikis to remind myself of stuff as I already did once and got something spoiled, but beyond that, it's really interesting reading something so influential this many years later.

So maybe by like 2025 I can read the expanse!
Yeah, with book series with such a developed world, taking notes is a good thing to do.

By 2025, I think you'll have The Expanse and Ty and Daniel's new trilogy to invest time in.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Rewatching the show with a friend and man seasons 2 and 3 are so damn good. Almost every episode has something nuts happening.