• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
The 2 things that made me think she saw/heard, was seeing that they were watching the roci on a screen, and a thing that Filip said, that Marcos saved her by not letting her leave (from going back to Holden at tycho and eventually the roci)

I need to rewatch the scene before she attacked knuckles dude, to hear if he said yes to the roci having the code.
Actually, filip implies that him taking her in the first place was "saving her"

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
The 2 things that made me think she saw/heard, was seeing that they were watching the roci on a screen, and a thing that Filip said, that Marcos saved her by not letting her leave (from going back to Holden at tycho and eventually the roci)

I need to rewatch the scene before she attacked knuckles dude, to hear if he said yes to the roci having the code.

She pieced it together. She saw they had eyes on the Roci, Filip said he saved her life, and the female Belter that was part of her former crew brought up the code while she was taunting Naomi. She put all of the pieces together then and asked her former friend for confirmation, and his physical response was all she needed.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
🤦‍♂️

OM6NKPp.gif

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
I'm a little confused with the numbers they gave for the incident. It said 1-2 million. Feels like that number should have been a lot bigger no? Is earth's population low with people spread out between mars the belt and earth?

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm a little confused with the numbers they gave for the incident. It said 1-2 million. Feels like that number should have been a lot bigger no? Is earth's population low with people spread out between mars the belt and earth?
At this point. I would just chalk the number up to low information and entire swaths of infrastructure being utterly destroyed with the primary government apparatus decimated. Also comms on world are completely jammed and entire areas are offline. They simply do not know the extent of the damage yet and are operating off of the best case scenario until they get news.

Also like we know from all disasters. It's usually not the initial blast that kills people. It's everything else surrounding it as society crumbles around everyone involved. Food, water, healthcare, shelter. The meteors took all of that out in the areas they hit . Expect to see the deathtolls rise drastically in the coming days as people get desperate.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone see that there's now an official Expanse monthly t-shirt club? Am I late to the party on this, or did it just launch? Fairly cheap and if it's anything like the clubs for the Venture Bros. I guess it could be awesome? Given the lackluster quality of the official merch designs thus far I'm not so sure, but stranger things have happened.
www.amazon.com

THE EXPANSE: T-Shirt Club Collection

T-Shirt Club for The Expanse

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So when exactly did Amos and Clarissa become best friends? Last thing I remember from season 4 between them was Amos saying to put her down. Now they are like husband and wife.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
So when exactly did Amos and Clarissa become best friends? Last thing I remember from season 4 between them was Amos saying to put her down. Now they are like husband and wife.

It explained in the books, there a scene in the show that alludes to it (beginning of season 4 i think), with him calling her peaches and telling her not to give the prison guards anything. Alluding for some sort of relation having grown off screen.

Basically, after the events at the ring, it's the Roci that ferried Melba to Earth. And during that time, she wasn't locked in a cell, she actually spent the few weeks of travel by working on the Roci with Amos, helping fix the damages she caused. And that's how they connected.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
It explained in the books, there a scene in the show that alludes to it (beginning of season 4 i think), with him calling her peaches and telling her not to give the prison guards anything. Alluding for some sort of relation having grown off screen.

Basically, after the events at the ring, it's the Roci that ferried Melba to Earth. And during that time, she wasn't locked in a cell, she actually spent the few weeks of travel by working on the Roci with Amos, helping fix the damages she caused. And that's how they connected.
Interesting. Waiting on that flashback ep.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017

Already a bit of news in there that I didn't know (maybe I missed it in the shows or earlier books).

Dumping the core isn't like just throwing out the engine, it's just dumping out the in-process ball of gas/fusion. The actual reactor is still on the ship, it just takes time to restart it. This doesn't mean that Alex and Bobby are completely screwed and stranded, they just need to hope the Martian's think they're dead and wait it out, I guess.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Kone is a big Finnish elevator company, so I either see what they did there, or I'm reading too much into it :D

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should have rewatched season 4 because I have no idea who Clarissa is, why she is in prison and why Amos went to see her.

oh man, this thread made me realize where I recognized Konecheck from...he used to do those judge music video shows on MuchMusic!

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I should have rewatched season 4 because I have no idea who Clarissa is, why she is in prison and why Amos went to see her.

oh man, this thread made me realize where I recognized Konecheck from...he used to do those judge music video shows on MuchMusic!
She tried to kill Holden in season 3, in an attempt to avenge her father's (Jules-Pierre Mao) downfall at the hands of Holden who she blamed.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Well, I did not like this episode
There is something off with Naomi and her family problem
also, the belters are right, how two inners are in command?
Amos escaping was ok

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we ever gonna see more of those stretch belters that grew up in zero G? That was super interesting to me at the start, but now it's like they don't exist.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Are we ever gonna see more of those stretch belters that grew up in zero G? That was super interesting to me at the start, but now it's like they don't exist.
In the books that's much more common among belters, but they make it clear in the show that those individuals are rare, but in a few generations all belters will look like that.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
That German suplex was fucking godlike. I'm enjoying the relationship between Naomi and filip . I was worried it would be a bit one dimensional but there's something there.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was goddamn MAJESTIC. But...can someone explain how Amos suplexed a 300 lbs gorilla? Lol

Also loved the episode but ep4 still remains the highlight so far. Naomi is pretty weak imo. What happened to the tough as nails belter badass from earlier seasons? She is suddenly reduced to a whimpering damsel in distress. Come on!

On a side note, I've noticed that some of the ships fire thrusters in the direction that they're heading. Is it explained why?

Oct 25, 2017
That was goddamn MAJESTIC. But...can someone explain how Amos suplexed a 300 lbs gorilla? Lol

Also loved the episode but ep4 still remains the highlight so far. Naomi is pretty weak imo. What happened to the tough as nails belter badass from earlier seasons? She is suddenly reduced to a whimpering damsel in distress. Come on!

On a side note, I've noticed that some of the ships fire thrusters in the direction that they're heading. Is it explained why?

the physics of flight in The Expanse is continuous burn, which greatly speeds up space travel. But you end up spending 1/2 the burn time accelerating to the destination, flip, then burn the other half decelerating. It's what provides near constant g-gravity on the ships which are designed like skyscrapers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017

To be fair, Amos is pushing 220lbs himself and is as strong as an Ox, with the right technique and momentum, he could do it.

Book Naomi's more Mary Sue, than damsel in distress in this part of the narrative, but it makes sense to make her seem more vulnerable for a short period of time while facing her demons, before bouncing back and kicking ass.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

adrenaline

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the physics of flight in The Expanse is continuous burn, which greatly speeds up space travel. But you end up spending 1/2 the burn time accelerating to the destination, flip, then burn the other half decelerating. It's what provides near constant g-gravity on the ships which are designed like skyscrapers.
Ah never realized they're constantly flipping thrust. Interesting.
To be fair, Amos is pushing 220lbs himself and is as strong as an Ox, with the right technique and momentum, he could do it.

Book Naomi's more Mary Sue, than damsel in distress in this part of the narrative, but it makes sense to make her seem more vulnerable for a short period of time while facing her demons, before bouncing back and kicking ass.
I jest. Amos could totally knock that guy off! Also I'm pretty sure Tiny intentionally threw the first guy down the shaft. Complete dickhead.