• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Is 4K up? I may wait if not.
Has the UHD and HDR logos, so I presume so.

screenshot_20201216_000731_amazon_shopping_by_edmonddantes9285_deaiig8-pre.jpg

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Going to wait on some food first before diving in, but can't wait. Can't believe S5 is already here. It's going to be an amazing season.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I know what I'm watching after playing some CyberPunk!

Does it recap Season 4?

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
That room couldn't handle Amos and Avasarala at the same time.

They got a much larger budget it seems, this was a technical marvel in set design and CGI.

Last edited:

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 3 really ramps things up quickly, god damn. Now the wait begins 😢

Hope the kidnappers have a good reason for leaving Monica alive. Seems like a huge mistake/plot contrivance to leave her alive and then subsequently kill the two owners of the shipping crate.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy everyone! I won't be diving in for a couple of weeks. So exited for Amos' storyline and perspective.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great episodes
Amos, as always, being the best character of the show
His past though, that was some heavy stuff

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
The inshow recap is WAY TOO SHORT if your memory is anything mine. Try the Alt Shift X Recap here, 17 minutes, will catch you up:

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
The inshow recap is WAY TOO SHORT if your memory is anything mine. Try the Alt Shift X Recap here, 17 minutes, will catch you up:

lol I agree. I watched the first 90 seconds with the recap and might have left more confused than had I not seen it (it's been a long year, give us a break). So I went back and just watched the last two eps of S4 to brush up. Not sure I'll have time again to start S5 until this weekend though...

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Seeing Amos' bag with Murtry's name crossed off and 'Amos' written over it made me so fucking happy

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
People were complaining about the week to week format for this season. But that cliffhanger is the reason why it works so well.

That ending with the asteroid is so damn impactful and the week delay will make it all the more powerful. I absolutely can not wait for the next episode.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap at that Simpsons reference in episode 2. There's a khlav kalash vendor calling out his wares and you can see a cart with a crab on it. Wonder if he also has mountain dew?

I'm so glad we're done with sidequest planet. This has been great so far.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
So fucking good. Sandrine motherfucking Holt, I had subs on, so it was the only way I could tell that she was playing a certain character lol.

Sucks for the non book readers, because the Churn is such a good book. When I read it, I was blown away at the shit at the end because I didn't expect it lol.

Brutal wait for another week.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
best I can tell, from seeing the little time stamps of the meteors, my guess is they are all going to hit at about 4 1/2 hour intervals between each one (closest 2 to each other were listed as 14 days 22 hours 7 minutes and 15 days 3 hours 42 minutes). The locations that I could see were (episode 1 showed 3 places: Off the coast of India, then around the great lakes/upper new york, then the middle of the pacific/hawaii), and in the 3rd episode the 2nd impact by the trajectories is right off the coast of Maryland. What I assume is the first meteor that hits, is somewhere around South Africa, as that sign is by google translation, Xhosa ("do not enter the closed bridge"). So I'd assume inside 5 hours, the situation in Baltimore is going to change.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
My case for why I think season 4 was great:

- shifting to streaming meant the episodes just flowed better IMO, because they didn't fit the story into the usual TV commercial blocks
- We finally got an up close look at life on Mars and how they go about their daily lives. Also the idea of the gates having a negative effect in Martian culture (since they're no longer the 'new' planet, and their terraforming efforts are less necessary now) was very interesting
- I loved all the stuff on Ilus. Instead of some frightening alien monster like in star wars, the things that are killing people are slugs and microscopic organisms, which is exactly how I think it would play out if humans ever colonized another habitable planet with its own set of life forms. Seeing a normally fearless Amos start to break down after losing his vision was really cool and added more weight to his character.
- The belter side plot while not the most interesting to me, did a good job introducing Marco and set him up as the main villain in season 5. In particular I really enjoyed the scene where he was able to talk his way out of getting space'd by the other OPA faction leaders. You just knew in that moment that it was going to come back to bite them
- I liked Avasarala's arc this season. Seeing her having to deal with election politics in a way she never had to before while also juggling the various belter and Ilus crises was cool to see. I really enjoyed her character this season. Still wish they hadn't re-cast the Arjen role.

I think I'll try and rewatch season 4 in prep for season 5.

Agree with all your points except for the fourth. Really bored of that kind of storyline.

That said, can't wait. This is Sci-fi done right.

JackDT

Oct 27, 2017
It may not be the most important plot point, but seeing some theoretical punchlines I can finally sleep.